• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August Exercise Challenge: "Every Day is a Good Day for Disney - AND for Exercise"

ummm..I sort of missed wacky Wednesday when it came to exercise but, my oldest did experiment with a recipe for califlower breadsticks. I wouldn't say that they were good or bad - but maybe a bit wacky as words would fail me if I had to describe that texture. (she thinks she forgot a step in the recipe)

I did an early morning run and a long lunch break walk.

383/1600.

I'm hoping to hit orange tomorrow.

Good Morning, and Happy "Thrilling Thursday"!!

We have two more team members turning Cloudless Sky Blue today -

Keithsmomma & Sleeping*Beauty,

and our first at Sunshine Orange -

lisah0711!
Congratulations on those :butterflycolor changes!!! :butterfly

I loved hearing everyone's "Wacky Wednesday" stories! Unfortunately, my own plans got derailed yesterday, so I don't have any new minutes to report. But I intend to do better today!

Our first park trivia question is to match the opening dates to the parks. (Since it would be too easy if I included years, it's mostly just month and day. However, two parks opened on October 1st in different years, so those are included.)

The parks:
1) Animal Kingdom
2) California Adventure
3) Disneyland
4) Epcot
5) Magic Kingdom
6) MGM Studios (DHS)

The dates:
a) February 8th
b) April 22nd
c) May 1st
d) July 17th
e) October 1st, 1971
f) October 1st, 1982

Have fun, and no peeking!

So my answers...
1 - b
2 - a
3 - d
4 - f
5 - e
6 - c

Thanks @SarahDisney for using the spoiler tag so I could figure out how to do it!

No wackiness to report for last night, but I got in 40 minutes of swimming. My exercise buddy got blisters from our last run so we had to take it light!

But I'm at 220/1000! The next few days are mostly going to be a wash though!

Last edited:

The parks:
1) Animal Kingdom (b)
2) California Adventure (c)
3) Disneyland (d)
4) Epcot (f)
5) Magic Kingdom (e)
6) MGM Studios (DHS) (a)

I knew half but the other half I had to make some educated guesses. LOL

Only wackiness yesterday was the turkeys came through as I was watering trying to get steps for my cutthroat cruise FitBit group -- it you don't hit your goal you buy a round! pirate:

42 minutes of walking to get to that steps goal brings me to 288/1000

Last edited:
1) Animal Kingdom - b) April 22nd (1998, I believe)
2) California Adventure - a) February 8th (2001)
3) Disneyland - d) July 17th (1955)
4) Epcot - f) October 1st, 1982
5) Magic Kingdom - e) October 1st, 1971
6) MGM Studios (DHS) - c) May 1st (I think 1989)

The only two I had trouble with were DCA & DHS (aka MGM), but I was pretty sure DHS was May & DCA was February

80 minutes walking & running for me so far today.

251/1050

Only 12 minutes until I turn orange!

Ooh, SarahDisney, how did you do that hiding the spoilers thing?!

Also, I should have asked how people want to work this with the answers! For future questions, I can:
- Reply as soon as I happen to be back on here and see that someone has it right (like I did Sunday),
- Leave it for a while so several people can get guesses in before I say anything (like I have so far this time),
- Leave it the whole day before giving/confirming the answer, or
- PM those who answer, but not reply in the thread until the next day (or a set time).

What would everyone prefer?

Last edited:
Thanks @alievans719 and @SarahDisney for showing me the wonders of the SPOILER tag! :cool2: I was pretty good with the old HTML stuff but all this new fangled modern day feature stuff is still a mystery to me. ;)

Also, I should have asked how people want to work this with the answers! For future questions, I can:
- Reply as soon as I happen to be back on here and see that someone has it right (like I did Sunday),
- Leave it for a while so several people can get guesses in before I say anything (like I have so far this time),
- PM those who answer, but not reply in the thread until the next day.

What would everyone prefer?

I would say leave it for the whole day so everyone gets a fair shot at answering and have folks who answer use the fabulous spoiler feature! (Sure is better than the old type your answers in white and highlight days! :rotfl:)

Ooh, SarahDisney, how did you do that hiding the spoilers thing?!

If you click on "Insert" (next to the camera, aka 5th from the right on the main set of tools), one of the options is "spoiler."
I've discovered that this new board format is kinda fun.

- PM those who answer, but not reply in the thread until the next day (or a set time).

I'd say leave it. Nobody has confirmed yet who may or may not be correct, for all we know nobody has posted the right answer yet! (Although I did look it up after I posted and I know whether or not I'm right).
I would say have people use the spoiler feature, but I'm fairly certain I would forget to do it sometimes.

I was pretty good with the old HTML stuff but all this new fangled modern day feature stuff is still a mystery to me. ;)

It was BB Code, not HTML. I know because I can code a little HTML, but BB Code always manages to trip me up (probably because I'm so used to html). And you can still use BB Code ... all the way on the right on the post toolbar thingy is an option to use the BB Code editor.

25 minutes of walking again today. I feel like I'm coming down with something so we'll see what the next couple of days bring. Might need to rest rather than adding in the rowing machine. On the plus side, I've lost almost 2 lbs!

160/1000

ETA: I've never seen the spoiler alert tag before - I like it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter