• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 8, 2015 * Fantasy * 7-Night Caribbean - Yeah Mon

Excited to have booked this as my first Disney cruise! I've made 12 trips over to WDW from the UK, but am totally clueless about cruises! Was in need of a new adventure! :D I will be celebrating my graduation from University ....I'm a teacher! (Well, I will be at the time of cruising!)

Hi Everyone
We just booked our second cruise! We just returned from the 5 day dream and are going to do the 7 night Fantasy!!!! My daughters will be 11 when we go. They and their cousins loved the Edge Club. They are interested in making some friends who will be going next August!!!:cheer2:

It will be my DH, DD (17 at sailing) & one of her friends - she's just not sure which one yet!

I have also signed up for the FE.

Greetings everyone!
We just booked this cruise. We were originally sailing 8/22, but our school district has decided to mess with our vacation schedule and start school on 8/21. This will be our 5th Disney cruise (6 for me) but first time sailing as a family of 3. DH, myself, and DS (14 at the time if sailing) are looking forward to this cruise. Our oldest is in college and doesn't have a summer break that coincides with ours, so we will be missing him for sure. We are interested in signing up for the FE.

This is the first leg that is supposed to be part of our first B2B. We have not fully committed to the cruise but I would like to get involved. I have not had time to read all of the pages as we are getting ready to cruise in November.

Just booked our first cruise!!! There will be 3 of us! Cant wait. We would love to be in a FE group!

Hubby gave the green light to book our Anniversary cruise for August 2015!!! I'm going to miss the kids a lot but this is a huge deal because 1. He's not a Disney fan and 2. He gets motion sick so he has been putting this off for forever it seems! Lol

Count me in for the FE :)

Hubby gave the green light to book our Anniversary cruise for August 2015!!! I'm going to miss the kids a lot but this is a huge deal because 1. He's not a Disney fan and 2. He gets motion sick so he has been putting this off for forever it seems! Lol Count me in for the FE :)

Are you cruising without your kids?

Are you cruising without your kids?

Yes :banana: lol

I actually wanted to do a back to back on the Dream (one with kids and one without) but DH said I was lucky enough to even get him on the ship for just 1 cruise :sad2: I am hoping that he will have such a fantastic time that he'll say let's book a 2016 cruise with the kiddos!

Hi everyone,

I am not seeing much posted here and was wondering what is happening with the FE. Can someone please let me know where to go for this information.

Hi everyone,

I am not seeing much posted here and was wondering what is happening with the FE. Can someone please let me know where to go for this information.

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS where FE began years ago.

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin. Other information you would like to share such as first names, ages of child participants, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, since no one seems to be coming forward to organize a FE for this cruise here on the DIS, please feel free to start the FE right in this thread. There is certainly plenty of time to plan a FE for this cruise. All it takes is for someone to maintain a list of/for those participating which can easily be done in this thread. Cruise Meet threads have been doing it this way for years now here on the DIS.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy!

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS where FE began years ago.

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin. Other information you would like to share such as first names, ages of child participants, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, since no one seems to be coming forward to organize a FE for this cruise here on the DIS, please feel free to start the FE right in this thread. There is certainly plenty of time to plan a FE for this cruise. All it takes is for someone to maintain a list of/for those participating which can easily be done in this thread. Cruise Meet threads have been doing it this way for years now here on the DIS.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy!
Is there already someone identified as the FE organizer? I don't mind starting a list of everyone's staterooms, ages of children, names etc so we can start on our Fish Extenders. This is a great tradition and I would hate not to have the experience on our upcoming cruise. :)

Hi! My daughter (age 13) will be taking our very first cruise and this is it! We are so excited to be heading on the ship Aug 8 for the Fantasy Western Cruise (Mexico, Jamacia, Cayman and of course the disney island). We would love to participate in the fish extender. Let me know if you are interested in participating with us! She will be celebrating her 14th birthday on the 12th of August (Pirate Party night!)

It would be great if we could make some new friends!

We are in Canada so the warmth will be nice if nothing else lol

Hi. I am willing to start a FE spreadsheet. I just don't know how to start a new thread. I don't want to fill this Meeting group thread with FE conversation as everyone participating in the meet thread may not be interested in doing FE.
Were you able to get this started? I have no idea how it's done or what to do but I did find the board lol My daughter and I would love to join!

Hi. This is our first time for my family to go on any cruise and we decided we wanted to make it a Disney one. How do we join a Fish Extenders group? We are so excited about all there is to do on a Disney Cruise. We are going with two other families and are all counting down the days.

Hi! My daughter (age 13) will be taking our very first cruise and this is it! We are so excited to be heading on the ship Aug 8 for the Fantasy Western Cruise (Mexico, Jamacia, Cayman and of course the disney island). We would love to participate in the fish extender. Let me know if you are interested in participating with us! She will be celebrating her 14th birthday on the 12th of August (Pirate Party night!)

It would be great if we could make some new friends!

We are in Canada so the warmth will be nice if nothing else lol
Hi. My daughter's will also being celebrating their birthdays on the ship. One will turn 11 and the other 6 and I have a 14 year old boy.

My last cruise group never had a separate thread for the FE, we just PMed our info to one person who put together a spreadsheet and emailed it to everyone who was participating.

Things to consider:

1) Do we want to go into this allowing everyone to participate as one group or do we want to have multiple groups and set limits on the number of cabins in each group? I have heard of some FE groups having 50 cabins, and if you imagine 4 people per cabin that is A LOT LOT LOT of gifts to make!! My other cruise set a limit of 15 cabins per group, and even that felt like a LOT of gifts to make and distribute.

2) Do we need a separate thread or can we just email a list of info (to be decided) to one person who will compile groups and email the spreadsheet to everyone?

3) What information do we want to share? Last cruise we shared cabin number, names/ages of everyone in our cabin, any allergies, and whether alcohol was OK. Anything else we should share?

This is very important. We should
I certainly don't mind coordinating it. All I can offer is one experience worth of knowledge, but I can certainly put the spreadsheet together.

As I did not start this meet group I do not wish to overrun the friendship and fun that the meet group has leading up to the event. I am certainly willing to start another thread for FE (if someone can let me know how to do that).

All my best for a wonderful evening.

Christy (from Baltimore)
Hi. I think we should start
Is there already someone identified as the FE organizer? I don't mind starting a list of everyone's staterooms, ages of children, names etc so we can start on our Fish Extenders. This is a great tradition and I would hate not to have the experience on our upcoming cruise. :)

Hi. we should start the FE here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter