August 31st 2013 - 7 night Mediterranean cruise aboard the Disney Magic

Hi Tony and other fellow cruisers!

I have never been to Barcelona. That said, I have decided to stay at the hotel continental because I like quirky, I like the location and most of all, I like 24 hour snacks and ice cream.

There are so many hotels, in all areas. I found the best way to go about finding accommodation is to look at sites like trip advisor and cruise critic. Indeed, if you go on the forums of cruise critic, to the ports of call board, select Europe and then Spain, there are any number of threads on hotels in Barcelona and on most of them one kind contributor puts a link to her comprehensive list of hotels.

We are also going there on the 28th, as it seems quite a few of us are.

Anymore thoughts about a meet up? Maybe Friday night?

Also, I would love it if someone could come up with a name for us...

I have no imagination.

TAFN, If we don't 'talk' again, I wish everyone a happy holiday season!:flower3:

Hi Tony and other fellow cruisers!

I have never been to Barcelona. That said, I have decided to stay at the hotel continental because I like quirky, I like the location and most of all, I like 24 hour snacks and ice cream.

There are so many hotels, in all areas. I found the best way to go about finding accommodation is to look at sites like trip advisor and cruise critic. Indeed, if you go on the forums of cruise critic, to the ports of call board, select Europe and then Spain, there are any number of threads on hotels in Barcelona and on most of them one kind contributor puts a link to her comprehensive list of hotels.

We are also going there on the 28th, as it seems quite a few of us are.

Anymore thoughts about a meet up? Maybe Friday night?

Also, I would love it if someone could come up with a name for us...

I have no imagination.

TAFN, If we don't 'talk' again, I wish everyone a happy holiday season!:flower3:

Thanks Debbie, I'll have a look at your hotel and the links you mentioned.

How about a meet on the Friday evening at the Hard Rock?
http://www.hardrock.com/locations/cafes3/cafe.aspx?LocationID=41&MIBEnumID=3

Have a Happy Christmas everyone. :)

No a happy bunny, we booked are flights with BA and they've moved them forward from 9.50 to 6.40, why on earth would we want to fly at 6.40 when we are on vacation???????

Hi everyone:thumbsup2

Tony, this might be too late - I should have replied before - sorry!:flower3:

We are booked for three nights beforehand at the Novotel City Barcelona. We stayed there last year before our previous med cruise and have only good things to say about it:thumbsup2

We were a family of four which proved difficult to find a good hotel that slept us all in the same room, so that was the reason we booked it last time. But we really loved the location - across the street from a Shopping centre with several cafes, restaurants, fast food places- as well as shops, a large supermarket and a Disney store!;) We also took the Hop on Hop off bus tour (thoroughly recommend this) and the stop was again just across the street. It was also a very short 2 minute walk to the metro - easy to use to get on in the evening to get to and from the Magic Fountains.:)

We booked our room a few months ago, but they had an offer on for three nights which made it a really good price - hope that helps:thumbsup2

Oh and unfortunately (or fortunately for us!;)) we won't be able to make any pre-cruise meets as we are on a back to back, so will already be on the Magic:thumbsup2

Hey all! Sorry I've been MIA...been soooo busy! Any crucial updates I've missed out on? Don't forget to add the FB page.

Hi All!!

Just thought I would say Hi as we have booked ourselves onto this cruise!!! :banana::banana:

It is just myself and my Husband!

Can't wait to cruise with you all!

I am Charleen and my DH is Tim. We are in the process of getting this cruise booked. This will be our 6th Disney Cruise, but 1st without our DDs. They are both grown and we are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary!! I can't wait to sail the Magic again! :)

cforsythe said:
I am Charleen and my DH is Tim. We are in the process of getting this cruise booked. This will be our 6th Disney Cruise, but 1st without our DDs. They are both grown and we are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary!! I can't wait to sail the Magic again! :)

Welcome!

Welcome Charleen and Tim! What a wonderful way to celebrate!

Hello...we booked this cruise a few months ago! Its me, my hubby and our 2 girls...Morgan, 12 and Brenna, 8. We are military and currently in Germany. So excited!!

Jamie:banana:

Welcome Jamie and family :-)

Don't forget to look at the beginning of this thread for information on our facebook page and FE list :-))

Hi everyone:thumbsup2

Tony, this might be too late - I should have replied before - sorry!:flower3:

We are booked for three nights beforehand at the Novotel City Barcelona. We stayed there last year before our previous med cruise and have only good things to say about it:thumbsup2

We were a family of four which proved difficult to find a good hotel that slept us all in the same room, so that was the reason we booked it last time. But we really loved the location - across the street from a Shopping centre with several cafes, restaurants, fast food places- as well as shops, a large supermarket and a Disney store!;) We also took the Hop on Hop off bus tour (thoroughly recommend this) and the stop was again just across the street. It was also a very short 2 minute walk to the metro - easy to use to get on in the evening to get to and from the Magic Fountains.:)

We booked our room a few months ago, but they had an offer on for three nights which made it a really good price - hope that helps:thumbsup2

Oh and unfortunately (or fortunately for us!;)) we won't be able to make any pre-cruise meets as we are on a back to back, so will already be on the Magic:thumbsup2

Thanks Amy; we've not booked yet so I'll take a look. :)

Hi everyone and Happy New Year party: You lucky people are all cruise this year :banana:

Apologies for not being around much, the Christmas period didn't allow for much social media :confused3

Off to catch up on all your chatter, I'll update whatever is needed :woohoo:

Hi All!!

Just thought I would say Hi as we have booked ourselves onto this cruise!!! :banana::banana:

It is just myself and my Husband!

Can't wait to cruise with you all!

Hello...we booked this cruise a few months ago! Its me, my hubby and our 2 girls...Morgan, 12 and Brenna, 8. We are military and currently in Germany. So excited!!

Jamie:banana:

Hello and welcome onboard Himmin and DH :sail:

Hello and welcome onboard Charleen (cforsythe) and DH Tim :sail:

Hello and welcome onboard Jamie (jmedrew), DH and DDs Morgan (12) and Brenna (8) :sail:

Don't forget to join the Facebook group: Our cruise Facebook page and happy planning pixiedust:

Sorry to say we're leaving ths group. We switched our cruise to a 7-night Caribbean cruise instead and are surprising the girls with a trip to DW!

Hope you all have a wonderful cruise!

Sorry to say we're leaving ths group. We switched our cruise to a 7-night Caribbean cruise instead and are surprising the girls with a trip to DW!

Hope you all have a wonderful cruise!

Sorry you're leaving :confused3 have a wonderful cruise :thumbsup2

All updated :cheer2:

Hello again fellow cruisers! How are we enjoying the cold weather :sad2: ? I have some news I read on another thread, I don't know how accurate it is but some of you may find it helpful.

For the 7 nighters in the Med, my TA reports that these are the dining rotations.

Rotation 1 is Lumiere, Lumiere, Animator's Palate, Parrot Cay, Lumiere, Animator's and Parrot Cay.

Rotation 2 is Animator's, Animator's, Parrot Cay, Lumiere, Animator's, Parrot Cay and Lumiere

Rotation 3 is Parrot Cay, Parrrot Cay, Lumiere, Animator's, Parrot Cay, Lumiere and Animator's

I don't know how to request a dinner rotation, but I think I would like rotation 2 best.

How is everyone doing? Any more planning? :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter