August 27, 2006 4 night Wonder

Glad to see we are still planning on meeting. I am going to the store tomorrow to pick out our leis. Getting excited about the trip.
Bill - 2 hours sounds about right for arriving at the airport. Friends of ours are leaving tomorrow morning for their flight on Delta to Orlando from New York. I will let everyone know what they say about security and whatnot. They are leaving from LaGuardia though, which is not an international airport although I don't know if it makes a difference. :surfweb:

Glinda:

Don't forget to buy your leis for the cruise or if you want, let me know and I can get some for you and your children. pirate:

MrsScooby said:
Hi all,
I've been busy entertaining my family from NY. Took them into DC yesterday and ate at a restaurant called Bilbo Baggins in Alexandria, VA (Was thinking Hobbitmomma would like that :thumbsup2 )

Laurie
You're right!! We have friends in DC. I'll have to check that out sometime!

We're pretty set to go and are starting to pack. The kids still have no idea! We will try to come by at 3:00. We are taking the shuttle from WDW so I don't know what time it arrives to the port. I got our leis, so we'll be looking for you all. We won't be doing the pirate dinner as that's our Palo night. We will be going to the pirate party though.

Glinda:

Welcome to the thread. I am a parent travelling with my three children and my wife. Let's all meet at the sail-away party on the promenade deck at 3:00. I'll be wearing my pluto costume. See ya there.

well I think I am finished with my door magnet. What do you all think??

dcldoor.jpg

Bill

Bill, Your sign is awesome!! :thumbsup2

I had DD and DS each make one today and they are great too :cheer2:
Not "polished" but very personal with pictures and names in Mickey letters etc. At first they were like "You want us to do what?!" But then I brought out all the stickers and letters and markers, posterboard, etc, and they really got into it. We are on the 7th floor -Room 7003 and 7001. Come by and see them.

We also picked up our pirate costume stuff today. I think that night will be a whole lot of fun pirate:

Glinda (and all of the other folks just joining the thread): Welcome ! Hope you can make it to our first Dismeet at 3pm on Sunday.
We will also be hanging out by the Goofy pool before that if you want to join us :Pinkbounc I'll drape the blue leis over the lounge chairs so people can find us.

MrsScooby,
About those brunch ressies: Is brunch offered everyday or only the first day (I assume you are going on Sunday) and are there different times??

Hope you'll join us at the dismeet at 3 in the promenade lounge. I have a 14 year old son and a couple littler ones, 5 and 8.

Bill, 2 hours sounds like plenty of time. So take your time kissing Rover goodbye. :p

GIdocchi,
Thanks. I'll stop by and check out your door decorations. You're on the same floor just all the way forward, and we are all the way aft.

newbiecruisers,

Hopefully everybody is right about the 2 hours being plenty. Until I am actually through security I'll be nervous.
Here's a picture of Rover. (Sebastian)
sebastian.jpg

Bill

For anyone interested there is a countdown clock for the shuttle liftoff at this sight: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/main/index.html
My family and I are space junkies! Seeing the shuttle lift off while getting ready to sail on a cruise is, well, just about Nirvana for us!

I'm a little nuts right now with cleaning (Yes, I hate to return from vacation to a dirty home.) laundry, and packing. The weather is looking as good as it can for this time of year for both Orlando and the Bahamas. :cool1:

:artist: Your door sign is great! How do you find all those great "disney" items to put in your signs. Great stuff.

Anyone else staying at a disney resort with the dining plan find it difficult to make reservations this time. Everyone I know who has tried to make dining reservations for their disney vacations are now having problems with no availability whether they are on the plan or not. Guess you really have to plan in advance. :coffee:

Donald & Daisy Duck said:
Anyone else staying at a disney resort with the dining plan find it difficult to make reservations this time. Everyone I know who has tried to make dining reservations for their disney vacations are now having problems with no availability whether they are on the plan or not. Guess you really have to plan in advance. :coffee:
We were told that we can't be on the dining plan if we booked the land/sea through DCL. I don't understand, but oh, well. We booked our dining reservations back in March. One of my colleagues where I teach told me to book as soon as we can. I'm really glad that she gave us that advice. As it is, we still didn't get everything we wanted. We really wanted dinner at 1900 Park Fare. :guilty: (DD5 is a princess!) They told me that people book that and Cinderella's Royal Table up to a year in advance! I would keep trying though, you never know if they get a cancellation. It's also free dining all month which was a promotion that went on from April to June. So I guess a lot of people changed the dates of their trips to take advantage of that offer. We booked back in December, so we didn't know anything about it. :confused3

Hobbitmomma, I know how you feel about the cleaning thing--I am always up well past midnight the day before we leave cleaning. I REALLY hate coming back to a messy house. I thought i was the only one who did that - :rotfl:

Donald and Daisy Duck,
We are on the DDP because I booked our land portion seperately after the cruise when i saw the ads for the free DDP-- :cool1:
But they (Disney Vacations) called me - yes, you read that correctly; they called me about two weeks ago to make sure that i had made my dining ressies (which I had thankfully). I was laying down napping (it was a saturday afternoon) and the phone rang. DH says "its from florida" based on caller id. I thought it was my mom who lives in florida so i told him to answer. Then DH says "Its Disney- for you". I was like "Yeah, right!". For the first several seconds, I still couldn't believe they were just calling to make sure I had ressies for dinner -- I thought she must be trying to sell me something!!

I would suggest you call Disney Vacations (unless you booked through a TA in which case I would call 407- WDW dine and ask for a supervisor) and let them know your problem. Can't hurt :sunny:

:cool1: :banana: Bill were do you get a newspaper to read on the boat :confused3 :banana: Also my d can't wait to see elmo and big bird. :banana: :cool1:

Donald & Daisy Duck said:
:artist: Your door sign is great! How do you find all those great "disney" items to put in your signs. Great stuff.

I printed out the Navigators and some stuff was on there, some was in the Disney packet we received with the DVD in it, some I found online. Whenever I find anything Disney related I just save the image to my hard drive. After the cruise is over I'll just delete it all and start working on my Alaska cruise stuff for next summer.

Moose,
My wife can't wait to see Shaggy and Scooby Doo, and Mrs Scooby of course! :moped:

Bill

Bill (SS Oceanlover),
Is Sebastian an American Eskimo Spitz?
He looks like one I had growing up- He is really cute.
Looks like a bundle of energy :yay:
Is that your deck table he's on top of?
michelle (gichicdoc)

S.S.Oceanlover said:
My wife can't wait to see Shaggy and Scooby Doo, and Mrs Scooby of course! :moped:

Bill

Scooby rules :thumbsup2

Bill, your door sign is cool and your dog is adorable :goodvibes

Gichicdoc- brunch is only offered at Palo on the Sea Day (Wed.). I've heard it is worth while to try when you board to get reservations then or get on the wait list if too late. They'll call you if something opens up.

We have a door sign :banana: We'll be in 6042. :Pinkbounc

Can't wait for the space shuttle too, hobbitmomma :cool1:

Laurie

Welcome Glinda and Exempt5 :cheer2: :banana:

The more the merrier!!!!!
We may have a big group at that DIS meet if everyone shows :woohoo:

It looks like we'll be meeting at least three times.

The "Minnie" DIS meet at the pool after lunch-Sunday (Mickey pool or Family pool ? I forgot :confused3 )
3:00 in the Promenade Lounge on deck 3 (Sunday)
Pub Night on the last night :thumbsup2

For those who want to avoid alcohol (shouldn't combine it with motion sickness meds anyway)- they make most of the specialty drinks without alcohol as well :thumbsup2

Glinda I know I've seen people posting who are traveling single with kids. I don't think its that unusual. I think Bellelinus is on her own with her daughters and planning to dress up very pirate like too :)

Laurie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter