August 27, 2006 4 night Wonder

S.S.Oceanlover said:
Do I understand correctly that now I have to go out shopping for leis? Oh the inhumanity!! :banana:

Bill

See what you do Bill is send the DW out to get the leis (that's what my DH always does :rolleyes: )

Hi Everyone,

Laurie (MrsScooby): Okay, picture this, there is a group of loud, giggling people with children at the sail-away party and they are wearing blue (red/white and blue, orange, yellow, whatever) leis on deck 10 overlooking the Goofy Pool. Even if you didn't bring a blue lei, how hard is it to realize that this your party? See, My reasoning is, if I bring the leis, Bill (SSOceanlover) really has no excuse not to join us (like having to go out and buy his own lei).

Victory Blue: Welcome to the board. You must be sooo excited! :cheer2: I know my DD (13) is. Even though you can't go to the same club, I'm sure she would love to meet you, maybe hang out together at the pool. Her name is Sarah and she is very into Disney pins. Do you collect them?

Can someone tell me how to add pictures (mine) and a ticker to my signature? I've failed several times--Can't work the VCR either :blush:

m.

I actually stopped at the Party store on the way to work. They were only $.25 a piece but I didn't find any colors that met my approval. I think someone mentioned blue/green. I started thinking of the color of the Miami Dolphins football team. Didn't have but 5 colors I think. Dark blue, yellow, white, green, and pink. Gonna check Ebay. If I'm gonna stand out I gota get a LOUD color!

Getting psyched now, just wish they'd assign my cabin!! :hourglass

Bill

gichicdoc said:
Can someone tell me how to add pictures (mine) and a ticker to my signature? I've failed several times--Can't work the VCR either :blush:
m.

I just used the link to the www.tickerfactory.com that is above someone's ticker and followed the directions when I got there. I guess I was lucky because I've heard of others having trouble getting it to work also :confused3

I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet. Something about going to photo bucket and uploading them to the web site and don't forget to resize them or they come out too big--that's what I remember reading somewhere.

If you want the picture under your signature, I forget how to do that :blush: I put the Scooby in 4 years ago and I forgot how I did it :guilty:

Laurie

HI i don't get on computer alot. MY family going with ss.oceanlover family on cruise. How about tye dye leis? Lime green is Eagles and i can't wear green. What ss oceanlover is ok with were in .First time on boat[ship]. Like Bill menu didn't see anything i liked maybe order out :happytv: IS there a problem wearing tye dye pants or pirate outfitfor dinners? :cool1: :banana: :banana: :grouphug: :woohoo: :wave:

Now, how does this work? ... this is our first post - FINALLY. We are the "maternal" parents of the NewbieCruisers. First time cruise for my hubby, second one for me. We are really looking forward to this cruise. We haven't seen the grandkids in over a year! We are Daytona Beach natives and want to be tourists SO BAD. Hope we are accepted into this planned get together on the August 27th Wonder cruise. Anyone out there that can offer up some advice to two fifty-somethin' cruisers? My husband is afraid of getting sea sick... :cheer2:

Welcome mother! Glad you could join us! Better start the old man on Dramamine RIGHT NOW! :rotfl2:

B.D.Moose, Welcome back! Glad to hear you're feeling better. Is blue ;) manly enough for you? My Hubby and teenage boy WILL be wearing them with smiles on their faces!

I found over the door shoe holders at Walmart for $10 yesterday. Seems like a good buy! And a great idea-Thnks!

Great link from Mrs.Scooby! Still reading it though. It goes on FOREVER ..:surfweb:

welcome Daytona cruisers. Of course you are welcome! The more the merrier. :cool1:
I don't think hubby will get remotely seasick unless we are on the outskirts of a hurricane with rough seas.
I've seen lots of first timers worried about getting sick. Wearing 2 patches thinking the more patches the less chance of sickness. Unfortunately that's too much medicine at one time.
Tell hubby to relax and he'll be fine. So now I have to take an over the shoulder , boulder holder for the back of my door? It only has 2 compartments?? How much stuff could we possibly put in it??? :rotfl:

BDMoose nice to see you. Hope the back is getting better!!

Bill

Welcome Daytona Cruisers and Welcome Back BD Moose :cheer2:

The more the merrier!

Pirate costumes are required for Pirate Night (3rd night) of cruise ;)

Tye Dye pants in the dining rooms may get you alot of looks, but technically ok as far as the dress code. :thumbsup2

As far as sea sickness, I was worried about that also on my first cruise because I am very prone to it. (Air sick, car sick, sea sick - all of them). I took Bonine the morning of the cruise with breakfast. Some people take it the night before. Not a bad idea to try some in advance to see if it makes you sleepy (not suppose to though). I did have a sailaway drink since it was hours after I took it, but I'm pretty sure you're not suppose to do that :blush: (didn't know you could get the drink without the alcohol at the time) Ginger capsules have also worked for me. I'm bringing Bonine and ginger capsules with me in my carryon.
They do provide bonine on the ship (I think for free), but by the time you find it, it may be too late :confused3
Very important to take something either before you feel sick or at the first sign. Once it is in full swing, it is very hard to get rid of :guilty:
These ships are great. I only fely movement once the entire time we were on it and that was on the last day (captain was following the sun :goodvibes )

That link I posted is to a very long (88 pages ?) report on the ship. Probably can't read in one sitting, but I was impressed with what it had.

Also, if anyone is considering the Spa for manicure or pedicure, I heard some bad reports about those services. Someone came home with nail fungus from the manicure. I'm getting mine done before we cruise :goodvibes
Maybe tye dye toes?

Laurie

This is our third Disney cruise and we can't wait. Going with DD (13) and DS (11). DS is also a big ruinscape fan.
This is our first time posting on any board so it's very new and exciting.
We also have some friends traveling with us, one on their 4th DW cruise and the rest on their 1st.
Hope to see you there. pirate:

How do you add your disney information (where you've stayed etc.) at the bottom of your postings? Does the information stay for every post..

Donald & Daisy Duck said:
How do you add your disney information (where you've stayed etc.) at the bottom of your postings? Does the information stay for every post..

Welcome Donald and Daisy Duck !!

I went to the link for UserCP at the top of this page. Click on edit signature. Add all your trips (not too many because they have size restrictions for signatures). Hit preview when you're done to see what it will look like and if you like it hit save. :thumbsup2

I forget what the size restrictions were, but if you check the FAQ thread on the main DCL forum it should be there (or around that thread at least).

The runescape boys are going to be happy your son is joining the crowd!! My DS is 12, but will be in the same kids club as yours.

This board is great for newbies to posting because most (99%) of the people on this board are super patient and nice. :goodvibes

Laurie

exempt5 said:
is there a way to reserve the private room in palo's before we board? :dance3:

Welcome Exempt5 !!
I've seen on some other cruise meet threads that they were reserving a private room in Palo, but I don't know how you arrange it :confused3

Are you sailing with a group?

Laurie

exempt5 said:
is there a way to reserve the private room in palo's before we board? :dance3:

I heard that you have to fax in a request for private room. However, I'm not sure you can still get it since it's so close to the cruise date :cool1:

So are we going to wear lays or what? My little sis was pretty excited when she found out you have a daughter her age! :tigger: :goofy: pooh: :tinker: :sulley: :ccat: :smickey:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter