August 25, 2013 Dream - Who's here

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by MyCathryn, Mar 10, 2012.

1. baleeve

baleeve "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I

Hi Sam.diss

I am thinking we (me and 2 boys) will do the Blue Lagoon adventure. I thought I would stay on the ship but then figured I better take advantage of the Bahamas as much as I can.

I've heard that cruisers need to be cautious in Nassau so I am heading the advice and staying with a DCL adventure. Many caution not to just get off the ship and wander so I would say that you may want to do some research yourself.

Happy planning. :cheer2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneytheway

disneytheway Mouseketeer

Hello Balleve,
    I wish you continuos blessings in your life and for sure we'll make one of the most beautiful experience pixiedust:
    I have been thinking of how to surprise the boys and i am kind of thinking of asking a help from a cast member since we are staying the night before the cruise in OKW (something like a letter being given to them or a phone call) my husband is not very enthusiastic about it because he said i'll put too much time into it and blablabla... but my mind is set now i have to make it happen :goodvibes any ideas are welcome.

4. disneytheway

disneytheway Mouseketeer

Hi Kristie,
    Just saw your post and was wondering if there is any other way to stay up to date with the FE since i dont have a face book page, maybe we can do PM???
    let me know. How many families are already signed up???

5. NovaDog

NovaDog Earning My Ears

Just discovered this group, can't wait for the cruise! It will be our second, following last June's trip on the Magic from NYC to Canada.

Our crew includes two birthday girls, as my wife and oldest daughter (6) are both celebrating on August 28. We'll also have our 4-year old daughter and 2-year old son. We might also have 2 grandparents coming, although they are still up in the air.

I just joined the Facebook group and the FE.

One other idea I'll throw out - on our cruise last June, a bunch of us that met up on Facebook ended up booking the private room at Palo's for brunch. You need at least 12 people, but there is no extra charge beyond the normal Palo's charge. It was a great way to meet up with everyone and a nice way to get a Palo's reservation (which can be difficult!). Anyone interested?

6. baleeve

I think a Palo meet and eat (I'm so clever LOL) would be a great idea. I'm in. I have a friend traveling with us in another cabin who will attend too. So put us down for 2. Which day? Does it have to be sea day, which is not a problem.

7. baleeve

Hi Melissa

I've never used google docs before. When I open it and try to add our info it won't allow me to. It says up top "view only".

How do I add us to the FE?

Thank you.
    Kelli

8. princess7070

princess7070 Earning My Ears

Hi everyone. We are a family of 5 cruising also on aug 25th. This will be our first Disney Cruise, or first cruise ever. Anyone else from Jersey??

9. disneytheway

disneytheway Mouseketeer

Hi Princess7070,
    Welcome - we are from Sayreville NJ, going on the same cruise for the first time also. We have 2 boys (9 and 6), they have no idea we are doing the cruise :rotfl:

10. princess7070

Hi Disneytheway!

We live in Jackson. We have 3 boys, 8, 6, and 3. We surprised our boys for a Christmas present. Sometimes i wish i would of waited and surprised them but I couldnt hold out, lol. So excited I cant wait. Are you flying out the day before? We decided to do that.

11. cheribelle

cheribelle Mouseketeer

Freehold NJ here! Our first cruise! Traveling with my daughters 12 &4, and my 9 year old son. So excited! We are driving, as I am too chicken to fly. But we are surprising my son with Legoland the day before the cruise. This is going to be a long summer as we wait to sail :)

12. realfam

realfam Love the mouse!

Morning all:thumbsup2

Just catching up on my DIS reading with a coffee. Welcome to everyone new joining. You count our family in on fish extenders. I will forward all the info.
    Most of our planning is done, but were still searching for a reasonable flight to our MCO on the 25th. The airlines have been fairly expensive lately not offering many deals, whats with that:confused3

13. disneytheway

disneytheway Mouseketeer

Yes we have an early flight saturday morning and staying at the Old Key West, then we decided to rent a car and drive to port, since we are attending church in Orlando area before and after the cruise. For sure my kids will have a blast making new friends, when time comes we will definitely register then in the kids club. Are you doing that? By the way are you doing the FE this time around?

14. disneytheway

disneytheway Mouseketeer

That's funny how close we are:). OMG thats one of the reasons why we didnt say anything to the boys, our cruise is booked since last year and it would be too much for them to wait, and now since they dont know we are planing to surprise them the morning of:thumbsup2. Are you thinking of joining the FE?

15. cheribelle

cheribelle Mouseketeer

Not sure about FE. It's our first cruise ever and I think I just want to get a feel for things this time. However based on reviews here, I have a feeling it won't be our last cruise ;)
    Trying to find a reasonable hotel for our stay the night before. We are doing Legoland, have dinner reservations at the Yacht Club. I thought that would be nice to walk around the Boardwalk and maybe catch a glimpse of Illuminations. I would
    love to stay on the property but just too expensive for one night. Thinking of the Embassy Suites in Lake Buena Vista.

16. hookedoncrafts

hookedoncrafts Earning My Ears

Hi all - unfortunately, we had to move our family cruise to 2014. Just too much this year.
    I hope you have a great time!!!
    -Amy

17. pipertoad

pipertoad Earning My Ears

My wife and would be interested in a Palo meet. It is our first cruise and i expect it to be difficult to get a Palo brunch reservation once we can make are ressies at the 75 day mark. This may help a lot.

I seen people mention tasting/mixology meets too we would be interested in one of those also but i have no idea how to arrange one.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

18. LissaW16

LissaW16 Mouseketeer

disregard the google docs link. MyCathryn has taken over the list. She asked for info to be emailed to her.

~Melissa

19. LissaW16

LissaW16 Mouseketeer

Re-posting this for everyone.

20. princess7070

I think we are going to pass on the FE this time. I am def signing my kids up for the kids club. I think they will love it and get to meet some new friends. We are also going to fly out the day before. I priced a shuttle to take us to Cape Canaveral which isnt so bad and then just stay over at a hotel which is half mile to the port. :cool1:

21. MyCathryn

MyCathryn DVC Member

Princess7070 See you on the ship!