August 25 2012

We had a great time on the Fantasy!

We also thought our food was just okay in the dining rooms and that the service was not as good as it had been on our previous trips on the Magic and Wonder.

Our asst. server Ronald was great and engaging with the kids. Everyone was nice enough but our service seemed to lack that specialness that we had before.

Near us was a server that magic tricks. I wonder if that was Dan! He seemed fun.

We also booked a placeholder trip for August 24, 2013. We may take this cruise or push it out to 2014.

I was thinking about the 8/17/2014 cruise too. This year, free dining came out starting August 25. I too would like to spend more time at WDW after the cruise. It was so nice to be eating a late lunch at Epcot the day we disembarked. We checked in at SOG by 10am and were in Epcot by 10:30am. A great way to not get sad about the cruise ending.

We may actually consider flipping our WDW visit next time. It was depressing as all get out to go straight from the ship to the airport and then home. Frankly, I'm still in a bit of a funk.

We had a great time on the Fantasy!

Near us was a server that magic tricks. I wonder if that was Dan! He seemed fun.

He was. My son got a real kick out of him. And Dan would laugh when my son tried to guess how the trick was done and couldn't figure it out. He would look up Dan's sleeves to see if he was hiding stuff up there. Dan did a few different coin tricks and one trick involving handkerchiefs that he "pulled" out of my son's ears.

Yhokey, our main server, actually got my daughter to speak! She has selective mutism, and rarely is able to speak to waiters or waitresses, so the fact that he was able to make her comfortable enough to actually talk is really amazing.

I think our service this time makes up for our two prior cruises where on one we had lackluster service and on the second we had awful service.

We had a great time as well and met a wonderful group of people who we hope to vacation with again next year ;) The FE gifts were wonderful, we truly appreciated them. We also booked a placeholder cruise AND bought more DVC points.

we're thinking of the same week as well or possibly one week earlier. Originally planning to not cruise again until then, but may do either 2 shorter or a B2B before then. I'm even considering going in Jan without hubby. :rotfl2:

girls only cruise???? :yay:

Hey guys! I was not on your cruise, but I had a question for you guys. We are booked for September next year and I was wondering how the weather was for you guys over there at the time of your cruise?
Were you able to go to all your ports? Any rough seas?
Also, did any of you do Disney World before hand? How was the weather? Would you go in August again?
Thanks for your help in advance!
You can also email me - stefanie_peacock@yahoo.com if you do not want to comment here in the forum.
Thanks for your help!!
Stefanie

Hey guys! I was not on your cruise, but I had a question for you guys. We are booked for September next year and I was wondering how the weather was for you guys over there at the time of your cruise?
Also, did any of you do Disney World before hand? How was the weather? Would you go in August again?
You can also email me - stefanie_peacock@yahoo.com if you do not want to comment here in the forum.
Thanks for your help!!
Stefanie

we bypassed Isaac, so seas were a bit rough the first day and a half or so. cloudy too, but I don't remember any rain. After that it was smooth sailing and absolutely gorgeous weather. Just make sure to get the vacation insurance and all will be well. We did WDW beforehand for the first time and it was great. The only time of year I haven't cruised is the dead of winter....but anytime is a perfect time to cruise as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for your help!!
Stefanie

The cruise weather was great as someone else already said it was a bit rough the first day but perfect after that. I have been on another Disney cruise in October before and we had much rougher seas and had to miss our port and divert to another. It was raining when we got on board the first day in Port Canerval.

We also stayed 6 days in FL at WDW before our trip. The weather was good but it rained almost every afternoon. It cleared up after the storms in the evening every day but one. So somewhere between 3-6pm it rained. Sometimes it was for a longer period of time other times it was quick. The rain cleared out the parks though.

Mornings and early afternoon were beautiful. Perfect really.

I agree with what others have posted regarding the great weather. I would add that our day in Castaway Cay was spectacular - better than any of the other cruises our family has taken. We couldn't get over how calm and warm the water was at Castaway Cay. It was a hot and sunny day so we spent much of the time in the water (and made sure to get out and apply sun screen often).

With that said if the tropical storms and hurricanes had taken different paths things would have been different.

We would definitely cruise again during this time but as someone mentioned, we will get travel insurance.

Hi again, I was hoping to ask again now that more people may be home from vacations.

Did anyone happen to record the See ya real soon show on Friday night? It's the final goodbye show they do in the Atrium. We have a good friend who is in the show and it was her last show, we'd really love to have a copy of it, or just see it.

I appreciate any help you can offer!

jfahome said:
Hi again, I was hoping to ask again now that more people may be home from vacations.

Did anyone happen to record the See ya real soon show on Friday night? It's the final goodbye show they do in the Atrium. We have a good friend who is in the show and it was her last show, we'd really love to have a copy of it, or just see it.

I appreciate any help you can offer!

It looks like my4phillygirls may have it. Look back in the thread right when we all got back and started posting. Hopefully they can help!

It stinks!!!

We had a great time on the cruise. We met some great people which made our vacation one of the best ever.

We booked on the Dream in January. Hoping to go but may have to push it. If we go we will book a place holder then.

It stinks!!!

We had a great time on the cruise. We met some great people which made our vacation one of the best ever.

We booked on the Dream in January. Hoping to go but may have to push it. If we go we will book a place holder then.

I hear tell that someone you know has Pepe's Lounge booked for the Fantasy 6/29. Hint Hint :thumbsup2

I have been in a serious funk with post cruise withdrawals since we got back :worried:

Today I got a the lift I seriously needed. After being in the shop nearly six weeks having cosmetic damages repaired after an amateur theft attempt or plain old vandalism, my Ferrari finally came home today :goodvibes:drive:

I keep looking at the hundreds of cruise photos we took also, kinda helps....

I have been in a serious funk with post cruise withdrawals since we got back :worried:

Today I got a the lift I seriously needed. After being in the shop nearly six weeks having cosmetic damages repaired after an amateur theft attempt or plain old vandalism, my Ferrari finally came home today :goodvibes:drive:

I keep looking at the hundreds of cruise photos we took also, kinda helps....

That's cool. Are you going to write a TR. I am sure a lot of people are interesting in hearing about the Royal Suite on the Fantasy.

That's cool. Are you going to write a TR. I am sure a lot of people are interesting in hearing about the Royal Suite on the Fantasy.

I did post a room report on 12502

as far as a full trip report, I'd like to but its hard to.. DW gives me grief being on here too much as it is ... :rolleyes1

I'll try to put something together. I posted a number of pics of the room on the facebook page. I didn't get the bedroom or masterbath oddly though.

Wow, what a great time. It was fantastic meeting some of you at the DisMeet. But, wish it was a little more structured as some in the past have been. Anyway, luckily my kids were able to meet some great kids and basically spent the entire cruise with them. A big shout out to the Dier family who my kids stalked...:rotfl:

Heeyyy!! We had a BLAST hanging out with your kids... they were both really great! I'm so happy that Kaleb spotted James at the meet and greet... all's it took was a little introduction by Mom and the boys were joint at the hip the entire cruise! And the fact that James had a twin sister for my daughter-- that was the icing on the cake, it was a done deal :cool1: I called them the Fantastic Four!! LOL

I got some great pics that if I ever get around to downloading them onto the comp, I will have Kaleb email them to James (I guess they exchanged addresses to keep in touch!) Please tell your kids we had a wonderful time with them and hope they have a great start to the new school year.
~Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter