August 25 2012

I noticed lots of things that are different from the Magic and the Fantasy 7 night cruises:

MDR's

The servers don't participate in a show in AP
There was no last night parade with the servers and the Chefs with the flaming Baked Alaska singing, "It's a small world."
DCL no longer does the Late Night Desert Buffet except for deserts on the Pirates Night in Cabannas
The Fantasy doesn't do the Character Breakfast (I didn't miss this)

Cabannas embarkation lunch was better than the Magic's.

There is a better spreading out of Character greetings for the purpose of picture taking.

Shutters is improved and I especially like the multiple viewing cue's especially outside of EG.

The Elevators are larger.

Senses Spa is mucher nicer.

The adult areas are definitely an upgrade.

Anyone else have any observations:confused3

You gotta get back :)
I wish, but I work in special education for the public school system, so I don't have a big (any) travel budget. I live within half hour of the Port of LA so it's a lot easier and cheaper to travel from here. Too bad Disney will be relocating away from the West coast. :sad:

I noticed lots of things that are different from the Magic and the Fantasy 7 night cruises:

MDR's

The servers don't participate in a show in AP
There was no last night parade with the servers and the Chefs with the flaming Baked Alaska singing, "It's a small world."
DCL no longer does the Late Night Desert Buffet except for deserts on the Pirates Night in Cabannas
The Fantasy doesn't do the Character Breakfast (I didn't miss this)

Cabannas embarkation lunch was better than the Magic's.

There is a better spreading out of Character greetings for the purpose of picture taking.

Shutters is improved and I especially like the multiple viewing cue's especially outside of EG.

The Elevators are larger.

Senses Spa is mucher nicer.

The adult areas are definitely an upgrade.

Anyone else have any observations:confused3

This was my favorite cruise, there were many great moments, and good friends. That being said, I was disappointed with no Character Breakfast and this was the first time in 10 cruises that I did not see Disney Dreams. The other broadway shows were great, but there was a little something missing not ending the cruise with Dreams. Watching the entire theater light up in pixie dust is one of my favorite parts.

I missed the dining room show as well. I wonder why they did away with that? Everyone seemed to enjoy it. I only have one other cruise to compare it with and they were two totally different experiences. Each time we met some great people but this cruise was a blast with our new friends!! It made the trip that much more memorable! There was definitely some pixie dust that was scattered on that trip!:goodvibes

So what do you guys think?

For the 3 days pre Pride of America Hawaii cruise, should we do Aulani or oceanfront room/suite on Waikiki beach? Cost would be structured the same and not deciding factor. What would we enjoy more?

For the 3 days pre Pride of America Hawaii cruise, should we do Aulani or oceanfront room/suite on Waikiki beach? Cost would be structured the same and not deciding factor. What would we enjoy more?

I have never been, though I have looked at that particular cruise a few times. Someday.

As for Aulani, a Diser Pudo and I cruised with in October 2010 is currently writing a trip report for her recent Hawaii vacation, including her stay at Aulani. She's a DVC owner and a huge DCL fan, plus she writes well and includes great pictures in her reports. It might help you make a decision. I think the current report is under the DVC trip reports and it is entitled "Gidget Goes Hawaiian". The poster's name is podsnel.

Here's the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2986038

I'd so love to join you! It's a someday trip. DS is a WWII history fan and I have friends in Hawaii.

Any way, since I have experienced neither, I would think pick the the Beach more if you want to swim in the ocean and be seen on the famous beach and enjoy the "down town" location, but if you want to enjoy a stunning man made pool system and stay outside of "town", then pick Aulani.

Either way, have an awesome trip!

We thought about the PoA and ending our trip with 3 or 4 days at Aulani.

I have never been, though I have looked at that particular cruise a few times. Someday.

As for Aulani, a Diser Pudo and I cruised with in October 2010 is currently writing a trip report for her recent Hawaii vacation, including her stay at Aulani. She's a DVC owner and a huge DCL fan, plus she writes well and includes great pictures in her reports. It might help you make a decision. I think the current report is under the DVC trip reports and it is entitled "Gidget Goes Hawaiian". The poster's name is podsnel.

Jane, Thanks for the link! Haven't seen Ellen since that cruise

Thanks for the link!
Gorgeous photos in her report!

I'd so love to join you! It's a someday trip. DS is a WWII history fan and I have friends in Hawaii.

Any way, since I have experienced neither, I would think pick the the Beach more if you want to swim in the ocean and be seen on the famous beach and enjoy the "down town" location, but if you want to enjoy a stunning man made pool system and stay outside of "town", then pick Aulani.

Either way, have an awesome trip!

We have never been to Hawaii before either. That is exactly what I am trying to decide - they would be different animals so to speak. They both seem to have their pros and cons actually.

My vote it Aulani!! LOL!! Sorry had to sneak that in Frank!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter