August 22nd 2009 Western Carribbean Anyone?

Thanks, Erik. I will check out Magic Quest Saturday night.

One thing puzzles me - how can you come prepared if you have no idea what you'll be searching for?

Thanks, Erik. I will check out Magic Quest Saturday night. One thing puzzles me - how can you come prepared if you have no idea what you'll be searching for?

Ah, that my friend you can ask any Boy Scout in our boards, and there are a few of us. In the words of Baden-Powell, "A Scout is never taken by surprise; he knows exactly what to do when anything unexpected happens."

Come as you normally are and between you and your team -- and I recommend making new friends cause it is more fun -- there will not be anything you cannot achieve.

My last bit of advice is to remember to be creative, since the host is expecting people to wonder what the event is, because they will never tell you on board, and thus be unprepared to a great extent. Work as a team and think outside the real world, you are after all on a magical voyage.

I am specifically coming unprepared since I heard the questions a few months ago, and it would not be any fun if I walked in with a backpack of odds and ends. Hopefully they use a different set of questions, and I can experience this anew, but you never know. I cannot say any more for fear of revealing too much.

Perhaps I should extend the invitation for the Saturday Night Adult version to all the Disboard Motley Crew and we could all go head to head.

Sorry I have been MIA! 9 DAYS TO GO!!! Here is our itinerary, we fly from Philly to Orlando on Aug,20. We got a great price on Hotwire for the hotel in the airport for $70! The next day pick up our rental car and head to Aquatica for the day, then head to the 4 Points Sheraton on Cocoa Beach! We are all excited! I also took a transfer to the ER starting when we come back from the cruise! WOW am I crazy!!!!:rotfl2:

Hi Everyone! We are leaving for the airport in a few minutes to spend 10 days at WDW. :yay: Can't wait to meet you all on the 22nd!

I posted a correction here http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33017342&postcount=1641 so hope everyone has changed their list.

DISmeet Sat 22nd, 2:30pm Promenade lounge
KC's Monday @ 2:00 pm in room 8030 for the reception

Sorry just posted on DS account instead of mine wayneg.:rotfl2:

Is the reception open for all DIS'ers? I am kind of new so feel a little weird coming as everyone probably knows everyone else but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Good Disney omen alert! I was walking over to get my coffee at Wawa this morning (and for those that don't know, yes, we have convenience stores in the area called Wawa, which is supposedly an Native American word for goose, but puts some addictive substance in their coffee and meatball sandwiches that makes you crave them :thumbsup2). Anyway, back to the omen. There in the middle of the sidewalk is a Mickey Mouse jibbet that had fallen out of someones croc :mickeyjum! I figure that had to mean something good.

I also took a transfer to the ER starting when we come back from the cruise! WOW am I crazy!!!!:rotfl2:

Knowing you are in my area, what ER will you be at (not that I want to run into you)?

Hi Everyone! We are leaving for the airport in a few minutes to spend 10 days at WDW. :yay: Can't wait to meet you all on the 22nd!

Bon Voyage :wave2:

They are identical (only in looks).

Cool! And, please don't feel that since you jumped onto the meet thread late you shouldn't come to meet everyone. The more the merrier! party:

have a great time in disney. one week from today we leave and of course i am watching the tropics like a maniac. we are driving down from jersey and two days in cocoa beach. Yes I loooove WaWa. my brother when he comes home from atlanta his first stop is to a wawa to get a hot dog.

OK, I am having serious jealousy issues with all of you that are already in Florida!! :lmao: I hope everyone is having a really wonderful time. We are busily preparing for my huge Irish family to arrive on Thursday. My niece is getting married on Friday night. I am hosting a brunch for 40 people on Saturday and a dinner for 25 on Saturday night. I'll be kicking them all out on Sunday so I can finally pack!!:cheer2: We are leaving on Wednesday afternoon and will be the ones at the Radisson pool on Thursday night and Friday, semi conscious!! :rotfl:

As for the tropics, don't worry, be happy!!! (and flexible). We may get an Eastern rather than a Western or a Double Dip at Castaway Cay or a Reversed itinerary, or everything just as planned. Any way you look at it, a week on the cruise, out running a storm, is better than being in a hotel room playing cards while it rains!! They are use to sailing during Hurricane season and will do everything possible to keep us safe and happy!!

We can't wait to meet everyone. Safe traveling to all!!!

:rolleyes1Helloooo...well..its been a while!
We have returned from Scout Camp...and for any of you scouters out there I would definatly recommend a Jamboree...its not your ususal scouty stuff...but we had a blast! And almost won the Quiz night in the Leaders Bar one night too! The young people ( we are not supposed to call them kids!:confused3) had a blast too...made lots of new friends. It was Ace:cool1:
We got back last Thursday..but I have been working non stop since...to make up the hours I had off for camp...seemed like a good idea at the time, now wish i had just booked some annual leave. Anyway, finally had a day off today, although almost too tired to do anything very constructive! Just some Laundry..:laundy: as you do!!
so...one more long day tomorrow...then a weekend off...then one more long shift ( but admin so should be able to bunk off early:surfweb:)...then I am on Holiday proper! I did get a bit of a tan last week...the weather was absolutly glorious in Kent, the southern most corner of the UK, :cool2: I have 'Panda Face' though...big sunglasses...red face everywhere else...made the kids ( sorry...'young people;) laugh:)
So...just got to pack now!:scared1: I thought I had, but then i noticed my DDs in nice new clothes ( instead of 'camp' clothes) last week...little b*****rs had unpacked a few things....so...more washing, more ironing...aaaahhhhhhh I think I might ship them off to Grannys...shes finished work for the holiday already...got to love council employees eh! Dilemma is...do I put them on a train and call her once they are on their way...or ask first:rotfl:
DD is having her braces removed on Friday....perfect timing! she is over the moon!:)

so...things to do...again:rolleyes1

PM'd Maria about this- but is the message from her the official FE list??
Just trying to get them finished up- and to START packing, I am wayyyy behind with so little time to go-

I am loving the excitement! At home I am the only one who hasn't packed yet, but I plan to start this evening. Tonight at 9 PM (Pacific) I get to start looking at flight status for our Friday flights, so I am ecstatic to be so close to finally leaving! I thought this last week would crawl by, but apparently not :)

3.5 hours more work today and eight tomorrow, then I am free! Of course, don't be surprised if I duck out a bit early tomorrow...

As for the tropics, don't worry, be happy!!! (and flexible). We may get an Eastern rather than a Western or a Double Dip at Castaway Cay or a Reversed itinerary, or everything just as planned. Any way you look at it, a week on the cruise, out running a storm, is better than being in a hotel room playing cards while it rains!! They are use to sailing during Hurricane season and will do everything possible to keep us safe and happy!!

We can't wait to meet everyone. Safe traveling to all!!!

Sounds good to me - I'll go anywhere. The only thing I insist upon is that I get a lounge chair by the pool where I can read my book and sip on a fancy umbrella drink.

10 MORE DAYS TO GO!!!!! TIME FOR THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!! :yay:

Definitely getting excited here. Goodies for my FE gifts arrived and now I can start putting them together.

Bummer about potential tropical storms....it was too good to last. That said, I'd be more nervous if we were doing an eastern. I did a western where we got chased around the entire Caribbean by a hurricane. It only impacted the second sea day - we made every port stop.

So here's hoping all potential storms hang a hard right and head north into the Atlantic. :wizard:

We have no WaWa's in north Jersey. :sad1:

Julielouhoo..... wow, good luck with the invasion of family members. You definitely deserve a cruise after that.

Okay everyone......I was making my door signs and was in a strange, funny, creative frame of mind and came up with this eternal question.......if Bellatrix Lestrange from Harry Potter dueled with Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty, who would win????

I made a door sign of that. I posed that question to my kids and got different answers.

So let's ponder on that and we can have a great group discussion of that onboard.

We are in 2138 and 2140 we are one family, but for fun are hanging 2 FEs- so if everyone could just take turns so that both FEs get some action that would be great! Thanks!

Well that is good to know. I won't have far to go to deliver your FEs since we are in 2146 and 2148. We were in 2138 last year when we were on the Panama East Bound Cruise. I am a little worried about the engine noise in our current cabins, but this is all we could get when we wanted connecting rooms. 2138 was absolutely fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter