August 22nd 2009 Western Carribbean Anyone?

OK – So I figure that it is time to take the plunge & hop on this thread to say hello to some of our fellow cruisers.
We are very new to cruising – DW has been on one cruise & I have never been on a cruise – so what better way to start than w/ Disney! This is going to be our Honeymoon that was delayed 3 years by law school (and the bar exam – yuck!:crazy2:), so we are ready to go cruisin’ w/ the Duck:donald: (yes we are big Donald fans).

Hello, Welcome :welcome:

You are going to love Disney cruiseing if you are a Donald fan. Here a few pics from onboard the Wonder at Easter.
Have you had a look at my website? its link on bottom left www.astersflorist.co.uk If you want any info adding let me know. :)

1st pic is DS giving Daisy a kiss, 2nd is Donald not very happy about the kiss he got a little jealous:rotfl2: then 2 more of him in different outfits, I think he sails with more outfits than me:goodvibes

IMG_7219Medium.jpg
IMG_7222Medium.jpg

IMG_6909Medium.jpg
IMG_7007Medium.jpg

Love the pics!:thumbsup2 - we have a great one of us with Donald outside of Mexico in Epcot!

welcome to our thread Donald...lol
DCL is fantastic so well worth the 3 year wait for your honeymoon..:)

and hello everyone else..its been a while....its Maza btw...still cant get into my own login....DIS just wont email me my password so i am reduced to using Daves code ....so annoying!
we have been fairly busy lately too..although not with holidays unfortunatly...although we are considering a week in a caravan in cornwall *groan* roll on next summer i say! cant stand to come on here and read all about the fun holidays some of u guys are having this year...it kills me, its the first time we havent been to the USA for 7 years...but needs must! we have scout camp too ofcourse...:lmao:

OK – So I figure that it is time to take the plunge & hop on this thread to say hello to some of our fellow cruisers.
We are very new to cruising – DW has been on one cruise & I have never been on a cruise – so what better way to start than w/ Disney! This is going to be our Honeymoon that was delayed 3 years by law school (and the bar exam – yuck!:crazy2:), so we are ready to go cruisin’ w/ the Duck:donald: (yes we are big Donald fans).

Hi and :welcome:

We're pretty new to cruising too (dh and I had a short cruise on a smallish ship a long time ago). I'm very excited to try DCL! That's great you finally get to take your honeymoon! Glad you decided to join in the thread - we dissers certainly have enough time to get to know each other before the cruise - might as well take advantage! What type of designing does your dw do? (I see that in your sig)

:)

Welcome Donald...!
It great to have you join us. The is our first DCL cruise ,too.
The kids are looking forward to it.

Maza- We are not taking a big trip this summer. Just scout camps, summer camp, and day camps for the kids. We are going on a family camping trip at the end of the summer.
As you know, we took a cruise earlier in the year. We are planning another cruise to Alaska in 2010 with a few of our friends(the airfare is going to be a big cost) and erik told me that him and Matt will be going to the Boy Scout National Jamboree that year, too. I just about fainted when he told me the cost:eek: $1500 each for a week of camping. $3000 total. He told me that it was a once in a lifetime chance. Marina and I may go on a short hirls cruise that week.

I was shopping last night and I found what we are going to make/give for the fish extenders. It gives me a whole year to work on them. I was very excited and Erik like them, too. But, I don't think he will be helping me. The kids might though.

She does interior design for a small firm in Dallas

My dad lives in Carrollton. my kids love visting in August when it is hot.
My dad has a boat on Lake Texoma and they enjoy the water then. The great Lakes are NEVER warm.

They like the sno-cone huts that are around. We don't have them up here.

Hi all!
Just wanted to do a quick introduction - I just found this thread, although we booked our cruise way back in February! We have a trip to WDW planned n 43 days :banana: and then the cruise next August, and I cannot wait! I've cruised twice on Princess and once on the now-defunct Dolphin, but it's been 10 years, and my kids have never been! This will be our first Disney cruise and I don't think I could be any more excited.

It will be me, my 2 daughters, who will be 8 and 5 next year, and then our good friends who have 5 kids who will range from 6-17 next year. Ten of us all together!

I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you here, and then of course next August on board!

Welcome :welcome: Donald & welcome :welcome: ragtopday!

Okay, so I haven't been on here in so long. It didn't take me long to catch up though, its been pretty quiet on here.

Donald - congrats on finishing law school! I think you're going to love DCL. Are you planning anything special on the ship for your honeymoon?

Kristen - I am traveling with a large group as well. We had around 16 people on each of our last 2 cruises & we had such a great time!

Wayne, I have to admit, I am soooo jealous that you are able to go on such long vacations. We leave next Saturday for a week in Ocean City. We go every year & we always have a good time, but I'd rather be cruising or in Disney.

Welcome aboard Kristen.

I have added you and Donald to the list on my site. Can you both check links to your home towns and let me know if there is any better sites to link to. Also if you want any other info adding.
Thanks
Wayne
http://www.astersflorist.co.uk/

Can you both check links to your home towns and let me know if there is any better sites to link to. Also if you want any other info adding.http://www.astersflorist.co.uk/

Thanks - I actually love that website for Fort Worth - its a great place to keep up with everything going on in town. The only other info that I can think of is Bryan & Lisa - stateroom 2572

Donald - congrats on finishing law school!

Technically, I need to survive my 3L year & graduate in May09 - but according to the old joke
1st year they scare you to death
2nd year they work you to death
3rd year they bore you to death

So I'm not too worried by this point - we've basically reached the attitude of what more could they possibly do to us?:crazy2:

Are you planning anything special on the ship for your honeymoon?
I haven't really got this far yet - we are still trying work out the details of trying to spend a week at WDW before we cruise. Our budget will come into play - we will be saving up all year for the trip - I did look into the spa rates on board and :scared1: - we decided that the spa will have to wait for our 2nd DCL cruise ;) But, I'm certainly open to suggestions. :donald:

My dad lives in Carrollton. my kids love visting in August when it is hot.
My dad has a boat on Lake Texoma and they enjoy the water then. The great Lakes are NEVER warm.

They like the sno-cone huts that are around. We don't have them up here.

I think Carrollton is not too far from my wife's office - I don't have to leave Fort Worth too often, so I leave the North Dallas geography to my wife.
We love it here! We are originally from Memphis, but came to school here specifically to relocate to DFW - we have fallen in love with Fort Worth & hope tor stay on this side of the Metroplex when I finish school if we can help it. (FYI for all you Jersey folks - my wife's family is originally form South Jersey, but they left when she was real young)

Thanks - I actually love that website for Fort Worth - its a great place to keep up with everything going on in town. The only other info that I can think of is Bryan & Lisa - stateroom 2572

Had a quick look at the site, looks a great place.:goodvibes
Updated your info.

Hi everyone- I am the other half of Kristen's (ragtopday) travel group- we're the ones with 5 kids, we should be easy to spot- lol. Anyway, DH and I did a 4 day cruise on the wonder for our honeymoon several years ago, it has been waaaay too long. we are really excited, as are the kids. I have two boys ages on the cruise- 17 and 14, and DH and I have three girls together ages will be 15, 8 and 6. Looking forward to getting to know our fellow shipmates. We do know our cabin numbers, but I am at work :rolleyes: so cant get that info right now- tee hee. Anyway, I think we are in the 2400s or so. We have adjoining cat 9 cabins, and Kristen is right next to us.

Welcome Sandy.

Added you to list, are you same town (Nashua, NH) will change if not.

Just printing off e-documents for RCCL cruise next month, they arrived by email thru the night then going to work, raining, miserable weather we are having here. Can't wait for some Florida sunshine next month.

Welcome aboard Kristen.

I have added you and Donald to the list on my site. Can you both check links to your home towns and let me know if there is any better sites to link to. Also if you want any other info adding.
Thanks
Wayne
http://www.astersflorist.co.uk/

Hi Wayne,
I love your site - this will be really fun to check as we get closer. I see there are already some "neighbors" IRL who will be on the cruise!

Matt was was very excited. He got his confirmation to go to camp yesterday.
He told me next year he might want to go for 2 weeks at a time.

He was very excited because he needs to bring clothes that can get VERY MESSY.

We have been very busy the last week. We took my dad to The Henry Ford to see the Detriot Symphony Orchestra and fireworks. It was very nice.

The Henry Ford ( formerly known as Greenfield Village and Henry Ford Muesuem) is a historail muesuem a few miles from our house. Henry Ford(builder of cars) built the muesuem. It has a lot of neat aftifacts. Some of the morbid are the car JFK was shot in and the chair Lincoln was shot in.
The Firestone(tires) farm.

Ford had each building disassembled and brought to the village a reassembled.
All the workers are dressed in period clothing and talkk and act like they are from that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter