August 22nd 2009 Western Carribbean Anyone?

:confused3 I always talk to myself when no one is around :rotfl2: (getting older),
On our last cruise we posted a few of these around/near the location where we were having our greet and meet..

disroc.png

the grumpy guy is sort of my signature..
gg

:welcome: grump-gramps! I love your signs. Very impressive :thumbsup2

Your grandchildren are very lucky to have such wonderful grandparents!!!

Welcome grumpy -gramps.

Your signs are wonderful. Great to have you on board.

Just got back from a brownie overnight. it went pretty good.
Marina and I got the bedroom with the King bed in it.
The rest of the moms and girls selp in bunk beds or sofa bed. We were in luxury.

Boy, we've got an active thread going here!!!!

Hope that everyone who's going through some tough times lately can get through it. :grouphug:

And welcome to everyone who's coming on this cruise.

Had a bit of a scare on Thursday when I was at the foot doctor. It looked like a had a blot clot in my leg. So the doc cut off the cast and sent me to get a vascular sonogram.

Sonogram was negative. What probably happened is the back of the cast pinched the back of the knee causing pain.

So the cast is back on with more padding at the top. That's made a huge difference. And the pin in my toe is out but the toe is quite sore. The toe was twisted the wrong way and now its taped in the right position. So its painful.

The cast stays on for two more weeks.

Yes, I read the thread about thread meets that are "too" personal. I thought that was directed at the EB repo cruise because that has become a monster thread.

I have "peeked" on that thread as there are people on that cruise that were on my 2006 cruise. But keeping up with that thread is a full time job.

I agreed with the responses that no one should be intimated to join a meet thread. And I see nothing wrong with people sharing details about their lives. Makes it less intimitating when we all meet onboard for the first time.

Saw "Iron Man" last night. Wow, Wow and Wow. What a great movie!!!!

Narnia was very good as well.

Had a bit of a scare on Thursday when I was at the foot doctor. It looked like a had a blot clot in my leg. So the doc cut off the cast and sent me to get a vascular sonogram.

Sonogram was negative. What probably happened is the back of the cast pinched the back of the knee causing pain.

So the cast is back on with more padding at the top. That's made a huge difference. And the pin in my toe is out but the toe is quite sore. The toe was twisted the wrong way and now its taped in the right position. So its painful.

The cast stays on for two more weeks.

Yes, I read the thread about thread meets that are "too" personal. I thought that was directed at the EB repo cruise because that has become a monster thread.

I have "peeked" on that thread as there are people on that cruise that were on my 2006 cruise. But keeping up with that thread is a full time job.

I agreed with the responses that no one should be intimated to join a meet thread. And I see nothing wrong with people sharing details about their lives. Makes it less intimitating when we all meet onboard for the first time.

I so wish you were fit again, I am going thru it with you here every time you post, I am useless with blood, cuts, needles, hospitals etc. Glad I have never had anything wrong with me.
I never read other threads about cruising, enough with this and UK forums, hope people join in here, they can give as much or little info as they like.

Saw "Iron Man" last night. Wow, Wow and Wow. What a great movie!!!!

YES!! wow, wow, wow!!!

We were at dd's friends bday party the other day, talking about movies, and even the grandma in our group was like "Iron Man is awesome!!!"... I was cracking up!

YES!! wow, wow, wow!!!

We were at dd's friends bday party the other day, talking about movies, and even the grandma in our group was like "Iron Man is awesome!!!"... I was cracking up!

At one point DD and I were holding hands watching the movie because the excitment was so intense.

My chiropractor told me to stay till after the credits because of the extra scene.

And as I was watching the credits I saw that Stan Lee had an appearance in the film. That was cool.

Someone asked about dressing for Pirate Night???

ArbosDisneyCruise2007086-1.jpg
img005.jpg

We do..
and now we are on page 1.
gg

Someone else asked about dress up (formal) night....

img018.jpg

Top left side is out oldest daughter and the 3 children in front row are hers,
she will not be on this cruise just the children..
Red bow tie is me, between me and Captian Tom is my wife Barb...

Front row LTR, Nate, Alex, and Krysta (they are coming on this cruise.
gg

The weather in Seattle is sooooo Seattle-like this week - lots of rain! I can't wait until the cruise next year! I'm really looking forward to it.

Kim

The weather in Seattle is sooooo Seattle-like this week - lots of rain! I can't wait until the cruise next year! I'm really looking forward to it.

Kim

Haha....we're the complete opposite. It was 97 degrees yesterday and it will continue to be that hot through Wednesday.

It is just brutally hot outside. There's only three things you want to do....go to the movies, go to a pool or be at the Jersey shore.

Hello everyone.
We had a very busy weekend. Matt turned 10.
Erik was in charge of his birthday party because Marina and I were at Girl Sout camp.
This was Marina's first time at camp. We had a wonderful time. She was nervous because no one else from her troop went. She made some friends and found out that they are going to attend other camp together this summer.

I was very impressed with the planning and schedule of the activities.

We went out in a rowbaot 3-moms and 3 girls. We all took turns rowing. The girls did a great job. as we got back to the dock, a mouse jumped out from its hiding place in the boat and onto one of the moms hands. The girls were screaming and wanted to get out quick. The mouse did not bother me.
They all laughed about it that night about how many campers get to row around a mouse.

The weather here is almost 100 today. We had terrilbe thunderstorms last night at camp.

We got to meet the Girl scout would sold over 17,000 boxes of cookies. Her trrop is planning on going to Europe over Christmas for 11 days. Flying into London and out of Rome. She was telling us that kids at school call her the girlscout geek, but she doesn't care. She loves scouts. She has been on the Today show and other tv programs.

The kids are loooking forward to the last day of school on

Hello everyone.
We had a very busy weekend. Matt turned 10.
Erik was in charge of his birthday party because Marina and I were at Girl Sout camp.
This was Marina's first time at camp. We had a wonderful time. She was nervous because no one else from her troop went. She made some friends and found out that they are going to attend other camp together this summer.

I was very impressed with the planning and schedule of the activities.

We went out in a rowbaot 3-moms and 3 girls. We all took turns rowing. The girls did a great job. as we got back to the dock, a mouse jumped out from its hiding place in the boat and onto one of the moms hands. The girls were screaming and wanted to get out quick. The mouse did not bother me.
They all laughed about it that night about how many campers get to row around a mouse.

The weather here is almost 100 today. We had terrilbe thunderstorms last night at camp.

We got to meet the Girl scout would sold over 17,000 boxes of cookies. Her trrop is planning on going to Europe over Christmas for 11 days. Flying into London and out of Rome. She was telling us that kids at school call her the girlscout geek, but she doesn't care. She loves scouts. She has been on the Today show and other tv programs.

Glad DD's first GS camping trip went well. Hopefully she will get the others in the troop to want to go. My troop loves to camp and we get more girls to join because of all the camping stories.

In fact, I've had teachers tell me they've overheard the girls talk about the camping trips.

That is priceless about the mouse hiding in the rowboat. Of all the rowboats to pick you had to get the one with an extra passenger.

I read about that girl that sold all those boxes. That just blows my mind. My entire service unit sold 17,000 boxes.

I saw the Indiana Jones movie today. I recommend it - not as good as Iron Man. In fact, I would see the Indy movie first then Iron Man.

We Jersey folks aern't used to this kind of heat in June. I usually spend my weekends cursing my pool because it's so much work. This weekend I spent loving my pool (as did my kids).

It's so hto we got a call frommy daughter's school last night that they were changing the schedule to a half day today and tomorrow due to "extreme heat."

As to the girl that sold a bazillion boxes of cookies; I remember being in 6th grade and being proud that I sold 100 or so boxes of candy for school. This girl is a little over the top for me...

I hope all of you on the east coast are doing fine. We had the strong thunderstorms and hot weather the last few days. I saw that it is moving east.

The kids have one more day of school. Tomorrow they are having field day.
In the morning, spirit games in the gym, some out side stuff and then a dance toward the end of the day.

I have worked it the last few years. But, this year they have had al ot of new parents helping out. It is usually the same parents that help for everything and guess what? They have enough volunteers that we don't have to work it. I get a day off before the kids are home full time.

I will be working on stuff for the brownie picnic on Sunday.'

Erik and Matt are leaving on Saturday and spending the night on a submarine with Scouts. We went there last summer as a family and it is very hot inside and smells like diesel fuel. Yuck!
I am glad that I'm not going.

here in NY we're just hearing the thunder rolling in right now. Many schools in my area closed early today (not ours though), and all schools cancelled after school activities because of the heat. it's supposed to be better tomorrow (i hope!)

hi...been quite for a while in here...lol Its Maria btw..having a mare with my log in so i have highjacked DH's!
well, we seem to be in the middle of summer here...sun, rain, sun ,rain. Gotta love the british weather eh. The girls have gone camping this weekend...taking part in a county scouting challange event! Juli's patrol won it 2 years ago and came second last year! Lucy's were third...they are both in the same patrol this year, so we will have to wait and see what the outcome is tomorrow! :thumbsup2 The troop has 2 teams entered this year ( well we usually do to be honest!) one of girls and one of boys ( well...3 boys plus 1 girl, a bit of a last minute sub. when 2 boys bailed at the 11th hour! we are taking the opportunity to have some adult only time...we painted our hallway, you wouldnt beleive how much woodwork we have to paint...ahhhhhh
ah well..back to Dr Who!

The weather is beautiful today. It has been stormy the last few days. A lot of people without power. Thankfully, not us.
Erik and Matt left this afternoon to go spend the night on a submarine with scouts. The boys were very excited. Erik took my van to fit some people and all their gear. they have to drive to Muskegon, Mi and its 3 hours away. It's called the Siverside. It is active, so someone hasto be up all night to stand guard that none of the boys press any buttons. I believe they are each taking 1 hour shifts.

Marina has a friend over and they are playing outside. I have been filling up water balloons for her brownie picnic tomorrow, but gave up after 125. I started breaking more than I was filling. I had to come in and change my clothes.

It is very quiet in our neighborhood today. Everyone must be gone. It is so peaceful, it reminds when of the good old times when the kids were in school.

I just bought the Wii Fit today. I only got to try it for a few minutes becasue Matt wanted to try it before they left.

Matt's(DS) friend is coming to stay with us for 4 nights, they moved 2 hours away durning the school year. Then. Matt will go spend 4 nights there. DH will meet other parents halfway. They will be spending every evening while they are here at Scout twilight camp. The theme is Cub scout investigators.

well, ds6 got a virus of some sort, so we were up all night thursday night throwing up, and had a 102 fever. then dd8 woke up friday am w/ a fever too, so both kids missed their last full day of school friday. we have half days this week till thursday, then we're done!!! :goodvibes

all is well now... both kids had softball/t-ball games today, and i worked the concession stand a bit. dd got picked for the all-stars, but we'll be away on vacation that week - she's so upset. i feel really bad, but i had no idea she was even going to play softball this year (she never played before) when i booked the trip.

Happy Father's Day (tomorrow) to all the dads out there! The kids made dh cards, and I burned him a cd of music he likes, and my family is coming over to swim and bbq tomorrow afternoon. we got my stepdad (the kids pop-pop) a surf-fishing pole for our family vacation we're all taking soon to the beach. DH will be out there every morning w/ ds on the beach surf-fishing, so pop-pop will want to join in (as will my 2 brothers). We girls (me, my dd8, my mom and 2 sil's) will do make-overs and sing lots of kareoke, which dd is so excited about (so am I actually).

hope everyone has a great weekend!

Glad to read that everyone loves enjoying the great outdoors. Being outside doing things is what its all about.

My Girl Scout service unit has done several overnight trips on the Battleship New Jersey. I'm told its a terrific trip though not for those who are claustrophobic.

Our weather finally cooled off and we had a nice weekend. DH had a great weekend of grilling - that's what he wanted to do for Father's Day. That's men for you.

My cast came off on Thursday. I'm in a surgical boot but still have to use the crutches as I have to ease into putting weight back on the foot.

I wished my doc had warned me that I would shed skin like a rattlesnack. Holy moley. Layers and layers of skin came off - like in a horror movie.

My calf is half the size of the other calf. But otherwise the foot looks pretty good.

I'm allowed an hour of "walking" using the crutches then back to keeping the foot completely off the ground. Then I'll start increasing the length of time I have weight on the foot with the crutches.

Then in two weeks I'll be back on both feet. Then I'll go to a physical therapist to learn how to walk again.

But it is nice to be able to put both feet on the ground - even if for a short period of time.

Kids have one more week of school. Lots of end of year parties. They have a better social life than I do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter