August 22nd 2009 Western Carribbean Anyone?

A planned meet would be great. We're not the matching shirt type either.

Wayne- is it possible to put photos on your website?
We could all email him a current photo.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend. We went horseback riding. Erik and Matt went golfing.

I wanted to mention about fish extenders that some of us are planning on exchanging or have talked about it. But,you do not have to participate if you do not want to.

All meets we have had everyone just seems to recongnise me and then group builds from there. Am I so distictive? I think its because on previous cruises I have been the only one from the UK and stood out (maybe I just say too much on here:rotfl: ) I think if you arrange a time and place then you just find each other easily.
Yes if a few people want to email pics then I can add them no problem.
Also nearer the trip when(if) we start arranging a Distag game I can add a column who is taking part and who isn't.

This weekend I took Monday and Tuesday off hoping to get lots done in the garden, our decking needed some TLC, rubbing down and re-staining all the fencing and shed re-coating etc. started on Sat, did more on Sunday. Doing really well even though every bone in my body is suffering, I ache everywhere. Then Sunday eve all went wrong, bad winds blew roof covering of the shed, ran out of time Monday thinking I would finish today, no chance, rain all day, not good with no roof covering. Just need dry weather now until weekend then I can do more.

Ski - just the sound of it makes me cringe :scared1:

gonzalj - I guess there is going to be a lot of NJ people on this cruise. I've never heard of Haskell, is that in North Jersey?

I am not into the matching tshirts either. And there is no way I could convince DH to wear one. He thinks I'm nuts with this already :rotfl:

If I get a vote, I saw either the planned meet or something like leis. I am NOT the matching shirt type!

I plan a Palo brunch as well. Of course, I am also going to enjoy a Palo dinner with my DW! The only challenge is deciding which night to schedule Palo. I plan to get the Romantic Escape package, so about four months before we sail I will look at current Navigators to see which evening I can take two hours away without feeling like I am missing something important.

Ouch!! I am sorry to hear about your surgery..and DD, but glad you guys are getting better!

Wow..with all the DCL's you have taking you haven't done brunch yet?? We were able to snag one when DH and I went in December without the kids. I also snagged brunch..tea and dinner for our EB on the 90 day mark...wow what a night. We also took the plunge and upgraded to a veranda cabin....gulp!!

This month has sucked for me too..sigh. I lost my oldest brother the Monday after Mother's Day. He had been in the hospital for about a month..and we knew he had heart issues..but we never thought he wouldn't leave the hospital.

Glad to see the thread so active..I will have to try to pop in more often!!

This month has sucked for me too..sigh. I lost my oldest brother the Monday after Mother's Day. He had been in the hospital for about a month..and we knew he had heart issues..but we never thought he wouldn't leave the hospital.

I'm so very sorry for your loss!! :hug:

Boy am I excited!

Went to the Orthopedist yesterday to get the results from my MRI. What he thought was a torn medial meniscus is, in actuality, a torn Medial Cruciate Ligament.

All that Dr. talk means I don't need surgery! Cool!!!!

I gotta tell ya. I was pretty freaked out about the surgery. I had arthroscopic surgery on the same knee about 20 years ago and it's never been the same. As you can guess, I was wondering how my (now 37 year old) kneee would react and not expecting great things. I was also worried about the surgery; the anesthesia and all that. It's amazing how having two kids makes you worry more about that kind of stuff.

All that worrying was for nothing. Whew! Didged a bullet there. :duck:

Happy for you. In Michigan, we had a frost advisory for last Thursday at our cottage near Traverse City, then it was very pleasant for the weekend. Then we get home to 90 (that is 32ish) degrees :beach: on Monday. Guess what, Tuesday overnight we got a frost advisory :confused: and went down to 38 (that is 3ish) degrees. Tell you what, I can't wait for summer to hit either. What's that phrase about Beltane... Hurray, hurray for the first of May... :crazy:

What a time for me too. DW, DS and DD are complaining because we are about to launch my project and have pulled doubles the last 3 weeks straight. Just work and eat, no time for sleeping or visiting. Should not have to do that, but the environment became unstable :badpc: and we have been doing round the clock testing with the Dev Team and Server Team, neither of which are internal to my company. Think we got it solved tonight, and are running confirmation tests now. :wizard: Results in 8 hours.

*Finally* we had some nice weather in NY - we swam the whole weekend! :goodvibes

Now I really can't wait till summer vacation, now that it finally feels like summer is coming!

Okay, so I was reading some of the thread on the main forum regarding the cruise meets being "too personal." I didn't read every post because it was very long, but some of it got me thinking. Some people felt that people would just "lurk" & read their personal information, but never post and it freaked them out. I really never thought about it that way & and it never occurred to me that people would just read to gather personal information. Am I just being naive or has anyone ever worried about that? Did anyone else read any of that thread?

I do think in a lot of cases people may be hesitant to jump in & post because they feel out of the loop. I have been on other threads where the people seemed like they all knew each other really well & I was hesitant to just jump in & post. Now I know I shouldn't have felt that way. I think its great when we have new people join in on this meet! The more the better!

I think its great when we have new people join in on this meet! The more the better!

Yes! I hope if anyone is lurking here, they jump in! Just say "hi", tell us about your family, job, cruising experience... whatever people are comfortable with.

So here's my update on my life... dd8's softball coach called the other day because he wants her to be pitcher for the team (up until now, the coaches pitch). Proud mom and dad have been practicing every day with her (2 days total now... woo-hoo!), but I'm sort of nervous someone's going to line-drive a ball at her head. She used to have seizures when she was younger, and the neurologists always said she should not ever play contact sports, and to be extra careful about her hitting her head always, because it can affect her differently than someone else. So in walking that fine line of protecting your child, but not over-protecting them, we're letting her pitch. I just always get extra nervous - we've been through a lot w/ her. But I'm trying to be strong and 'normal' about it.

OK, I'm done... any newbies want to jump in?

just an oldy here...lol
we had a wet and windy bank holiday weekend on our cub/scout camp....more windy than anything! a couple of leaders lost their tents..( badly pitched...the shame:rotfl: ).. we up sticks a day early....DH was exhausted..he spent all three nights lying awake waiting for the kids tents to come down. they never did, although aa few cubs got a bit wet as the traditional patrol tents they were in haveint got sewn in ground sheets... long tedious story...to be honest! :lmao: DH and the other leaders won the mad hatters tea party race...lord help us. involved water, wet sponge balls and haystacks...and running! DH also nearly fractured his coccyx in the spacehopper grand national! all good clean, wet fun...:)

now...DIS stuff...we kinda are the matching t-shirt types...although we have never done it..we have no problem looking like a group of d***s...we are several thousand miles from home afterall...:goodvibes . last year we had wristbands in DIS green with the dates of the cruise on it...one of our group organised and we paid on delivery;) ....so...we are game for anything::eek: (within reason :))

DH will happily make a XL mickey head for DIS tag...in dis green ofcourse...

Dismeet...3pm in the lounge sounds good to us...although Wayne , you wont be the only tall Brit this time:hyper:

Happy days:cool1:

BTW...has anyone 'lurched' on the EB panama thread? their cruise is organised like a military campaign. (actually better than some recent conflicts:furious: )..lol...oh how we laughed! and i thought i was compulsive:)

I read that thread about being personal. I think that it can be intimidating to jump in. All are welcome.

We are waiting for people to arrive for Matt's 10th b-day party.
and that makes me feel old

:wave2: Hi All,
Had to cancel October Western 2008 :sad1: and September Tortula 2009 :sad: due to work but then I got this idea :idea: "lets try August":yay: :banana: :cheer2: HERE WE COME!!! :banana: :yay:

My Crew is gg- john (me)
DW- Barb
DGD- Krysta (12)
DGS- Nate (13)
DGS- Alex (14)

Here is a picture, only the ones with a DCL flag above them are sailing..
2008crew.jpg

Sounds like a Great Group, we can't wait (but we must) to see you all..
gg

:wave2: Hi Again,
Here are our first door signs:
2009kids-1.jpg

For the Grand children:
TheThreeArbos-1.jpg

These were done in Microsoft Picture It, so if anyone has the program I can sent them to you and you can change the names on your own.
If you don't have the program, I can do it with your names and email you a jpeg version for printing...
have a great weekend,
gg

:wave2: Hi All,
Had to cancel October Western 2008 :sad1: and September Tortula 2009 :sad: due to work but then I got this idea :idea: "lets try August":yay: :banana: :cheer2: HERE WE COME!!! :banana: :yay:

Sounds like a Great Group, we can't wait (but we must) to see you all..
gg

Hi Grumpy-gramps!!

So glad you and your crew are joining us! So you and your dw are taking your 3 teenage grandchildren? If so, that's wonderful!!

Boy, you're quick w/ the door magnets!! Love them!! And sorry you had to cancel your other cruises! But hopefully this one will make up for it!

Welcome :welcome: grumpy-gramps
Hi John, Barb and family, welcome aboard.
Added you to list, please check I have it all correct and hyperlinks go where they should. Thanks
Wayne
http://www.astersflorist.co.uk/ link bottom left

:thumbsup2 Thanks Wayne,
Everything worked fine... Glad to be sailing with you folks, it sounds like it will be fun.
Your Chili Mickies are Great!
Have a nice weekend and thanks to the rest of you for the welcome,
gg

Hi Grumpy-gramps!!

So glad you and your crew are joining us! So you and your dw are taking your 3 teenage grandchildren? If so, that's wonderful!!

Boy, you're quick w/ the door magnets!! Love them!! And sorry you had to cancel your other cruises! But hopefully this one will make up for it!

:) Hi Bellebud,
Yes we are taking our three oldest grandchildren on their 2nd cruise, as last year the (above picture) we took them on the Eastern cruise, they had a great time..So before they get to old to enjoy it as children or something happens to one of us, we go on the Western in 2009:love: .

This summer we are taking the all 5 grandchildren :scared1: to WDW :smickey: , we will be at Old Key West for ten days. When the children return home, they will meet their new baby sister :cutie: for the first time (that's the plan anyway):eek: :cloud9:
thank you for the welcome,
gg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter