August 22nd 2009 Western Carribbean Anyone?

both my kids, i've always been told, will have to have braces... we have no dental coverage at all (self employed). they're 6 and 8, so we have a couple of years before we start. that'll be a couple of disney trips worth of metal in their mouths!
really depressing isnt it:confused3 Juli is wearing this years proper holiday in her mouth. still....what price a lovely smile:flower3: mmmm......

I went on a field trip yesterday with Matt's class.:scared:
It was called Earthworks. It have four different habitats that the kids rotated through.
It was horrible. I was in "grasslands". As you may know, I was suppose to go to training for this last week for 2 hours. After receiving fivreminutes of instructions, i was ready to go.
The "habitat manager" did not really have a firm plan. She did not give clear instructions on what she wants. The groups were very confused.
It smelled terrible. There was a four foot tortoise in a large tank, a five foot iguana that would uses its tail to fling feces at people, tarantuals, snakes, etc. The manager got bite by the snake.
The cages really needed to be cleaned out. Which were done as we were leaving. Plus, it was very hot due to the heat lamps. I thought I was going to have to leave because I could not breathe.

Matt and his friends told the principal that they did not lean anything knew there.

Matt had his spring concert last night. Tonight Marina is in a musical for her music and drama grade.
I am taking today off. I have been doing so much running around the last few weeks, I haven't had any time to my self.

My mom called earlier in the week asking if I could watch my nephews 2 days this week. I am so glad that when they asked me a few weeks age if I would, I didn't. I knew this would happen.
It wasn't just a one time deal. They really need to arrange to have someone that can watch their kids as needed.

I went on a field trip yesterday with Matt's class.:scared:

My mom called earlier in the week asking if I could watch my nephews 2 days this week. I am so glad that when they asked me a few weeks age if I would, I didn't. I knew this would happen.
It wasn't just a one time deal. They really need to arrange to have someone that can watch their kids as needed.

that field trip sounds horrible! yuck!

and w/ babysitting your nephews - hope you don't get asked all the time. that can get to be an uncomfortable situation if they're looking for 'regular' babysitters and are trying to rely on nice family members.

We just got back from dd's softball practice and ds's T-ball game - both at 8:30am... I hate not being able to sleep in on saturday mornings! I cherish our weekends w/ nothing scheduled... sleeping late, getting my morning coffee and going on the Dis! but boy do the kids love playing baseball! at the end of june, it will all be over when school is over! Then we go to outer banks for a beach trip w/ my whole family in one of those mcmansions on the beach! :cool1: We're really looking forward to that!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

mothers day was MONTHS ago....lol. 2nd Sunday in lent or something equally religious.however todat is International Nurses Day....didnt even get a card! And you just know there will be cards on sale:rotfl:

hope everyone is well....the weather is fantastic over here at the mo....ofcourse i have been working the weekend and trying to sleep in the day...but still....nice weather. This is probably our summer:cool1:

Not a piece of charcoal or a burger to be had in our local supermarket yesterday....we definatly try to make hay while the sun shines...:dance3:

Happy International Nurses day :goodvibes

Our Mothers day was way too early this time, would be better in May.

Hope this weather continues, we went out Geocaching Saturday and Sunday, great weather for it.

I wish it was warm oand sunny here. It is cold and rainy.
I just got back from the oral surgeon. DD had 4 teeth pulled. She is recovering on the couch. The Dr. said to let her stay home and rest today.

He was only going to pull the botom two per orthodontist. But, Marina saked if, he could pull the top one because it was loose. When the Dr left the room, DD was studing the xrays. She wanted to know why he wasn't going to pull both the tops becasue she could see the tooth moving down on the other. She was very facinated with the xrays and asked the dr lots of questions.
He agreed to pull both top teeth as well. Marina told her teacher she was getting 4 teeth pulled and she didn't want to be called a liar. She was adament about having 4 removed.

She is hoping for a visit from the tooth fairy tonight. She doesn't believe in Santa, but she does believe in the tooth fairy. Since she has never lost any teeth before, tooth fairy will be visiting.
DD came home from school last year and wanted to know if santa was real. Apparently, someone in her class (kindergarten) said something. After avoiding the question for a few days, she really wanted to know the truth. I told her the her dad and I were santa. She started yelling (in joy) and jumping up and down. She kept repeating we are rich we are rich. I did not understand until she wanted to know how we (Dh and I) deleivered all the toys while they were sleeping, who stayed with them, and wanted to know what everyone was getting for christmas.
She thought that DH and I were santa.
We had a good laugh.:rotfl:

I wish it was warm oand sunny here. It is cold and rainy.
I just got back from the oral surgeon. DD had 4 teeth pulled. She is recovering on the couch. The Dr. said to let her stay home and rest today.

Glad it all went ok

DD came home from school last year and wanted to know if santa was real. Apparently, someone in her class (kindergarten) said something. After avoiding the question for a few days, she really wanted to know the truth. I told her the her dad and I were santa. She started yelling (in joy) and jumping up and down. She kept repeating we are rich we are rich. I did not understand until she wanted to know how we (Dh and I) deleivered all the toys while they were sleeping, who stayed with them, and wanted to know what everyone was getting for christmas.
She thought that DH and I were santa.
We had a good laugh.:rotfl:

we always told our girls that IF they didnt beleive in Santa he wouldnt come! We still say the same now...:cutie: so does my mum. It kinda gets round the actually lying to your kids without completely spoiling the magic!

Matter of fact, that is all I have on :rolleyes1. St.S will tell you that I don't have any modesty left and I am not too proud to appear in anything. Swim team took care of the one :-)banana: hammock) and Cubmaster took care of the other. This year we did an incentive for the Friends of Scouting fund raiser where we two Cubmasters allowed the Scouts to pour cans of sloppy food over our heads for each $100 raised. Of course we stripped down to class B uniforms, the class A's are too expensive for spaghettios.

2488941542_0f8938a428.jpg

And as for hiding, I was positioned by the photog. I was impressed that he could amass enough frontage to cover me :wizard: Perhaps I could find something more revealing to post.

lovely photo...although BlueMarlin, you could just have a bath towel on for all we can see.
I take a similar approach to photos...i used to hide behind my girls...

As for tartans...

This year we did an incentive for the Friends of Scouting fund raiser where we two Cubmasters allowed the Scouts to pour cans of sloppy food over our heads for each $100 raised. Of course we stripped down to class B uniforms, the class A's are too expensive for spaghettios.
That sounds like a good fundraising idea.....we are having our summer fair soon ( can i interest you in some raffle tickets???:) :) :) ....i would pay good money to chuck cans of food at some of our leadership team...i might even take it out of the cans....:laughing:
2488941542_0f8938a428.jpg

And as for hiding, I was positioned by the photog. I was impressed that he could amass enough frontage to cover me :wizard:

I have a similar problem...2 kids just not enough...and DH is just toooooooo tall...:rolleyes1 should have had more kids....:scared1:

As for tartans...
....what? Actually at home ( my home..or rather my old home:love: ) you can buy tartan bath towels...not theres an idea for a FE gift:laughing: They even have psorans woven in...:rotfl2:

Good morning everyone! It is a bright sunny day here.

Last night, we bought the kids each an electric scooter.
They can not wait to get home from school and ride them.

Dh called the police dept. because we heard that they are illegal in our city.
He was told the scooters were on the books as a nuisance code. The police would not do anything about them unlesss somone complains.

A few of our neighbors have mini cyles and battery operated jeeps, etc. The nieghbor acrosss the street has a harley and a 4 wheeler- which he uses to plow out the driveways.

I don't think we will have any complaints.

We do have one neighbor a few doors down that is crabby, but we have never had a problem with her. Our next door neighbor instigate her and she will call the cops on them and yell at her kids. I make sure that my kids are polite to her, say hello, do not leave their bikes and toys in her yard. She is older and is legally blind. But, she still has some sight. She has a seeing eye dog.
Her husband is very nice- when she lets him out of the house.

I am of th pick up Matt at school. He is going to get xrays and molds for his braces.

Last night, we bought the kids each an electric scooter.
They can not wait to get home from school and ride them.

Dh called the police dept. because we heard that they are illegal in our city.
He was told the scooters were on the books as a nuisance code. The police would not do anything about them unlesss somone complains.

Sounds like fun! I would just suggest keeping the kids out of the street. I have had neighbors who let their kids ride electric scooters and those electric toy cars, and one neighbor who even let their kids ride off-road motorcycles or carts on the street. Nobody on the street ever complained about the electric vehicles (the speed and noise of the off-road vehicles were another matter) but there were several complaints to police from people driving on the street who don't live there because of the obvious safety concern.

I now live on a private street and we let the kids out there on whatever. But before moving last fall I would only let the kids on a cul-de-sac up the street because there was no transient traffic there.

A few of our neighbors have mini cyles and battery operated jeeps, etc. The nieghbor acrosss the street has a harley and a 4 wheeler- which he uses to plow out the driveways.

I don't think we will have any complaints.

Glad I don't live down your street Christi, sounds mad:rotfl2: :lmao:

The kids had a blast riding their scooters.
So far, they have obeyed the rules. They are not allowed to ride in the street, only on the sidewalk. Some of the other kids got out their bikes, so the Matt and Marina got their bikes out.

Our block is great. We live in between to great neighbors, An elderly couple and a family with 2 boys. We have alot of kids on our block. 2 sisters- 8and 7,
2 brothers- 8 and 4, 2 girls and 1 boy in 6th grade, 1 boy in 5th, 1 girl in 4th, 1 girl in 2nd, 2 girls in kindergarten plus a few teenagers.
Only one house we would like to move.
They all get along pretty good. But, DS and DD realised last summer that some kids only want to paly with there stuff. So, they don't play with them to much.
In the summer, we have water balloonifights, pool parties, trampolines, bike riding, games. etc.
My house is the place the girls usually play. They use our front porch for barbies, polly pockets, school. The boys usually play next door.

I do put a limit on how many kids can be in the backyard because it can get crazy. Plus, certain combinations of kids fight when they are together.

The guy across the street, Chuck, uses his 4 wheeler to plow the sidewalks and the road. At first I felt bad, until his wife tells me he considers it "playing".

We are lucky to have a friendly block. We consider some of them family.

Keeping this secret until January is going to be so hard! Earlier this week it was DD#2's birthday, and that led to a discussion of DD#1's birthday (July). #1 (who will be 12, 13 when we cruise) says to me, "I wonder if Auntie is giving me Disney Dollars this year....she usually does every year" (We are going to WDW in 89 days, BTW, and the kids know it). So I say, "Hmmm, I wonder what she'll do next year for a gift."

#1 looks at me wide eyed and says, "So, it's definite that we aren't going next year?" (We've been every year since 2004). I say, "Well, it's really expensive and we have other things we have to save our money for, you know." What I *wanted* to say was, "No, we're not going next year because we're going to be on a 7 night cruise!":):):)

I wouldn't be able to keep a secret like that!

Good for you. I know that they will have a wonderful surprise.
Our friends took their DS-3&7 to WDW in Jan. They kept it a surprise. They woke them up at 5am to go to the airport and the kids thought they were driving grandparents to the airport because they were going on a cruise.
The kids were so excited. This was their 2nd trip. the younger one was 1 the last time.

I wish I could plan a surprise trip like that, but I don't think I could keep the secret for too long. I get too excited! Plus I don't how I would pack without the kids knowing. Where would I hide all of my luggage? Did I mention that I tend to way overpack?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter