August 22nd 2009 Western Carribbean Anyone?

Did anyone else notice that there's really only a handful of us posting on here, but we've had over 2500 views? I used to be a lurker myself. I don't know why, but I felt uncomfortable jumping in on the conversations. :confused3

st. somewhere - I've never seen or heard of the shows Dr. Who or Torchwood. Am I missing something?

Maza - okay so I want a cruise clock. I went on cruiseclocks.com, set it all up & well, I don't know what to do from there. :confused3

Did anyone else notice that there's really only a handful of us posting on here, but we've had over 2500 views? I used to be a lurker myself. I don't know why, but I felt uncomfortable jumping in on the conversations. :confused3

hmmmm, i'm probably one of the 2500 lurkers. I've only posted a couple of times. I'll try to post more, so it will be 2499 lurkers now. :rotfl:

Regarding the cruise, I've convinced dh that he'll wear a tux on formal night (he was really against any type of dressing up and eating in the dining rooms at set times) - I love the idea of renting it from disney and not having to pack it! I really wish they rented for small boys (ds6). I also wasn't really into dressing up and doing diningrooms, but the more I read trip reports and research, I'm now excited to 'play along' w/ everyone else and do all the dressing up things. I think the kids will really enjoy that part of it! I was also explaining to dh about the fish extenders, and he was just laughing and rolling his eyes. He'll be sorry when I don't let him have any 'gifts' because he just thinks it's all so silly! :rotfl:

We're taking a few vacations before this cruise, but this cruise is all I can think about! It's a sickness!! I've been trying to plan things for our other vacations, but I keep getting sidetracked w/ the cruise boards and reading trip reports! I wish it weren't so far away!!

HEY, can you guys help me design t-shirts for our summer WDW trip? It will be ds's 7th birthday when we're there (the kids know we're going in the summer, but they don't know when - ds will be so happy to spend his bday there! We're going to wake them up in the morning and say "let's get on a plane and go to WDW!") So anyway, I wanted the 4 of us to wear t-shirts on his birthday there, something like for dh and I and dd "we're with Ryan and today is his 7th birthday", and ds wearing "I'm Ryan, and today is my 7th birthday"... someone on another board suggested the rest of us wearing "today is a special day" so the shirts are more re-wearable. I like that idea too. I also read someone wearing "be nice to me, today is my 7th birthday"... anyone have any other ideas????

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Regarding the cruise, I've convinced dh that he'll wear a tux on formal night (he was really against any type of dressing up and eating in the dining rooms at set times) - I love the idea of renting it from disney and not having to pack it! I really wish they rented for small boys (ds6). I also wasn't really into dressing up and doing diningrooms, but the more I read trip reports and research, I'm now excited to 'play along' w/ everyone else and do all the dressing up things.

We're taking a few vacations before this cruise, but this cruise is all I can think about! It's a sickness!! I've been trying to plan things for our other vacations, but I keep getting sidetracked w/ the cruise boards and reading trip reports! I wish it weren't so far away!!

Not a chance of me in a tux, rather eat at Plutos dog house:rotfl2: I will be like I am in pic below. For some dressing up is enjoyable for me it would be a nightmare.

My heads all over with vacations just now, we have 24 nights in August including RCCL cruise, 9 nights at Xmas, 25 nights August 09 with this cruise, Mickey will think I am a relative I see him so much, then last weekend I picked up a brochure for Alaskan cruises, now considering that for next May. Postman has just delivered me a book about Alaskan cruises so need to read that.

OrlandoOct200597.jpg

Wayne- I wish we could travel so much. I am very jealous.

ell, I just filled out an application to be on hte school board.
I still am unsure if I want to do it but, I thought I would apply and decide if I'm chosen.

I was on the Board at DD's preschool for two years and was PTA pres. for a year.

I'll keep you posted.

bellebud- what is Ryans fav. disney character? maybe you could incorporate a character into his t-shirt! and the rest of your party too...lol

dressing for dinner- we cant wait! love an excuse to get DH's DJ out of mothballs! it gets an outing now and again! he has a fantastic dress shirt which looks like a really normal formal shirt, but when you take your jacket off, it has rupert bear sleeves! I have been looking for a new one with a Disney theme but am not having much luck at pres.:confused3 wish I could sew! hes also got a cool mickey waistcoat, which i might bring. me and the girls will have to have new frocks ofcourse...:rotfl: we are also planning to push the boat out with the pirate theme too next year. no pun intended!

soccermom- you dont watch Dr. Who ??? yes you are missing something, although i wouldnt bother with the old ones , but the last few years have been brilliant. current doctor is fantastic, although there are hints he will be off soon. I hate it when the doctors change! infact i am watching this weeks whilst i type:love: Torchwood is pretty cool too, more grown up content, although the Beeb did a slightly more child friendly version ( minus the gratuatous sex!) before our 9pm watershed. the main character 'Capt. Jack' is brill...:) shame he bats for the other team, if you get my drift:lmao:

cruise clocks- you need to save the link they give you at the end ( hlmt and a load of computer guff) and then post it in your signature. copy and paste does the job:) everytime i do this particular clock it gives me a differnt countdown though! bizarre!

stsomewhere- what is a school board? like a Board of governers? we both help the PTA at the girls school. i chaired the PTA at their primary for 6 years, it was...interesting....lol David was the treasurer for 5 years too. we are happier just helping out now, and concentrating on Scouting. we are expert fundraisers...lol wine or water...water or wine...our latest 'scam':cool1:

I was asked to be on school board a couple of years ago for our local High school but I declined, not my sort of thing.

Never been a fan of Dr Who but its very rare I watch TV other than Sky news, leave that on in the background.

Sorted something else today, car park for Xmas, usually get taxi to airport but we fly Xmas day so will drive myself. Annual Travel insurance and car rental for August next on list.

I guess I'll have to check out Dr Who. When is it on?

Maza, thanks for the info for the cruise clocks! :worship:

Wayne, I like your tie. :thumbsup2

st somewhere - good luck, I hope you get the school board position (if you want it).

Hi, everyone! I will confess that I have not read all 20 pages of this thread, but I wanted to introduce myself. This will be our whole family's first ever cruise:). We booked a couple of weeks ago, but we are not telling the kids (they'll be 13 and 7 by the time we go) until January when we take them to get passports. (BTW, is January early enough to get the passports? DH and I already have them.) We have a 12 day trip to WDW planned for this summer, and we don't want them to know about the cruise ahead of that.

I am so excited, it's all I can think about.....I ordered the cruise Passporter and it arrived yesterday...I can't read it until the kids go back to school tomorrow!!

As for the formal night, that could be a problem for us. I didn't even mention it to DH....I'll be lucky to get him to pack a tie to wear:).

Wayne, I like your tie. :thumbsup2
I have a collection of about 5 or 6 of them, I see absolutely no reason for a plain tie, for me on a Disney cruise it has to be a Disney tie or no tie at all.

Hi, everyone! I will confess that I have not read all 20 pages of this thread, but I wanted to introduce myself. This will be our whole family's first ever cruise:). We booked a couple of weeks ago, but we are not telling the kids (they'll be 13 and 7 by the time we go) until January when we take them to get passports. (BTW, is January early enough to get the passports? DH and I already have them.) We have a 12 day trip to WDW planned for this summer, and we don't want them to know about the cruise ahead of that.

I am so excited, it's all I can think about.....I ordered the cruise Passporter and it arrived yesterday...I can't read it until the kids go back to school tomorrow!!

As for the formal night, that could be a problem for us. I didn't even mention it to DH....I'll be lucky to get him to pack a tie to wear:).

Welcome
Passporter is a good start. Then just keep asking anything you want to know.
Please don't push your DH into something he will not be happy with, A Disney cruise is all about enjoying yourself, if he wants to wear a tie ok, if not nobody cares, I compromise with a Disney tie.

Have you seen link to my website? it lists all of us on the cruise, names, hometowns etc. If you want any info adding let me. www.astersflorist.co.uk (bottom left)

Wayne

Welcome
Passporter is a good start. Then just keep asking anything you want to know.
Please don't push your DH into something he will not be happy with, A Disney cruise is all about enjoying yourself, if he wants to wear a tie ok, if not nobody cares, I compromise with a Disney tie.

Have you seen link to my website? it lists all of us on the cruise, names, hometowns etc. If you want any info adding let me. www.astersflorist.co.uk (bottom left)

Wayne

Thanks, Wayne! I just read through a few pages and am so happy to have other people to talk to about the trip.....DH doesn't want to talk about it so far out, and I can't tell anyone in my everyday life for fear they'll let it slip:).

We booked around April 24....when should I expect to get written confirmation from DCL? We booked directly through them.

Another question: My DDs will be 13 and 7 when we go, so they aren't in the same age group. I'm not terribly concerned about DD#2 because the club is more structured, but I am wondering if DD#1 will feel comfortable walking into a teen club alone. Have any of the kids of this group done that and made friends with other kids there?

Updated website.

Can't help with your confirmation, it takes weeks sometimes to get to UK.

This last cruise at Easter was 1st time Mathew has been a teen cruiser but we took his school friend with us so they did not go into the teen club. Doubt he will use it next year, he will be 15 years 1 month by then.

Hi, everyone! I will confess that I have not read all 20 pages of this thread, but I wanted to introduce myself. This will be our whole family's first ever cruise:).

:welcome:

Hi and glad you joined us!! It will be our first cruise too! My dh is the same way w/ the dressing up, and I was too actually, but after reading tr's, I'm excited about it. I told dh I'm renting a tux for him (so I don't have to pack him any formal wear), and he said "NO WAY!"... but I know he'll give in to be a part of the fun for the kids sake (and mine).

There's another thread about the teen clubs and an unfortunate incident w/ a young girl (you might want to read that one)... I thought then someone said they may change the ages and break them up more, so 13 year olds aren't with the 17yo's.

You'll love the passporter book (I just finished reading mine!), and be sure to read the regular cruise forum here... it will really give you tons of info!

We're going to WDW this summer, and I can't get myself to wrap my brain around that trip... I'm SO excited about this cruise! Too far away!!

Welcome:welcome: :welcome:

I hope that everyone had a great weekend.

:welcome: Kim! Congrats on your 1st Disney Cruise! :cheer2:
Prepare to be addicted.

My DS will be 13 when we cruise & it will be his 1st time being able to go in the Stack, so I don't know too much about it. We've traveled with a large group on both of our last cruises, so our kids didn't really have to worry too much about making friends. I have twin nieces that will be traveling with us as well, but they will only be 12. I think there are a lot of kids in the same situation & they all seem to make friends. Your DD should be fine.

Dressing up.....well, we were a lot more concerned about it on our 1st cruise. This past one we weren't into it too much. My DH & I prefer the whole casual thing. But honestly you will see everything from very casual to formal, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Not over for us in UK, we get monday off, bank holiday here.:banana: :yay:

:confused3 speak for yourself...i was working today, and so is DH :confused:

kim- welcome:cool1: DCL is fantastic, you wil have a blast! On the subject of clubs,...my eldest DD was 13 when we sailed last year, she went to the club with a kid she met at our DISmeet, but then made friends with a whole different bunch of kids, of varying ages. She was the youngest in her little clique! She had a blast, the best holiday ever apparently..:rotfl: she cant wait for next cruise, the club, and the friends she made where the highlight of her holiday.she will definatly be going, as will our youngest DD, who will be 13 too by the time we cruise. she enjoyed the oceaneers stuff she did last year, but as an intelligent independant sort of gal, she did find some of the activities boring. she made a friend at the DISmeet too, and spent most of her 'non-family' time with her . they still email!:laughing: i dont know, kids and computers eh...lol i for one hope they dont mess too much with the age groups...as i have posted on various threads on that very subject!

some acquaintancies of ours will on our cruise too (non-DIS, not interested- not OUR sort of people:scared1: ) i hope their kids being there doesnt stop my youngest DD making other friends, for us meeting new ppl is all part of the reason we holiday in different places:lovestruc

Disney ties-DH has a collection, but i have relegated them to the back of his wardrobe, bit too 90's for daily office wear i am afraid ! ( i do all his shopping and try my best to make him actually look like a serious professional ....bit of a loosing battle most of the time, as he doesnt actually give a rats what he wears...i swear the man dresses in the dark!) they might make it out for the cruise...atleast one or two ...when in Disney, dress Disney...lol DH doesnt object to wearing his DJ. and just how often do you get to dress up...not often in our little world:laughing: we are looking forward to it, but i wouldnt worry too much if you dont want to. DCL caters for everyone. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter