August 22nd 2009 Western Carribbean Anyone?

Wayneg, thanks for taking the time & putting together our list.

Jackie
Joe (DH)
Tyler (DS13)
Madison (DD8)

We're from New Jersey

I just got back from a scout outing with Marina. We went to a local park to a nature musuem. The girls learned all about worms, frogs and their different sound, birds and nests, and small mammals.
Who would of thought that the girls would LOVE the taxidermy(sp?) animals?
They had to take turn holding them.

Erik and Matt drove 2 hours one way to help a friend move their piano. They left early this morning.

Tomorrow we get to clean out our garage. We are getting a new garage door on Wed. and everything needs to come down from the rafters.

I went and visited my grandparents on Thursday. My grandma just turned 80 and my grandpa is 84. Marina ended up spend two nights over there and I picked her up this morning.
I try to visit them as often as I can because I don't know how much longer they will be around. My granpa gets moody. He will tell me not to bring the kids over because it will too hard for them when they die. I yell at him over it.
He has out lived all of his brothers and sisters and most of their friends. My grandma makes me promise that if she can't take care of herself to make sure she is put into a nursing home. She does not want to be a burden on anyone.
She ended up taking care of her mother and it was very hard on her. My great- grandma died after I graduated from high school.

I just read somewhere that a company can take ashes and turn them into diamonds. We were joking and I told her to put in their will that their ashes would go to me to be made into a pair of diamond studs. That got them laughing.:rotfl2:

What a morbid subject. Sorry

st. somewhere - that is great that both of your grandparents are still alive. My DH & I have no living grandparents and we just lost my MIL 3 months ago to breast cancer.

st. somewhere - that is great that both of your grandparents are still alive. My DH & I have no living grandparents and we just lost my MIL 3 months ago to breast cancer.

Sorry to hear that.

My MIL had breast cancer a few years ago. She worries about it all the time. I know it can be difficult.
My FIL had prosate cancer just after she got done with chemo.

I am concerned about DH since it runs in the family.

I am very forunate to have my grandparents alive. I lived with them most of my life. We have a very close relationship. I think of them more as my parents and they also refer to themselves as my parents. I will be devasteted when they do. I call them almost everyday. If I haven't be down in a while, they call and complain. My cousin lives about 5 minutes away and his wife and younger son go down on Tuesdays and Thursdays for coffee.
I live about 35 minutes. When I go and visit, they want me to stay at least 2 hours -otherwise we complain. Sometimes it gets difficult to find 3 hrs in a day to go.

DH's grandma is 85 and my other grandma is 75.

Joiseymom.....do you post on the EB PC repo thread? A bunch of people I cruised with in 2006 booked that cruise so a few times I've read that thread and was stunned at some of the fights people were getting into :eek: Wow. I kept wondering how these people are going to be able to be on a ship together for 15 days (with all those sea days!!!)

I've posted a few times there, but it moves so fast. They also post so many images, that it just isn't worth my time. I scroll and scroll through pictures of stuff, and it's annoying.

I didn't seen any fights...anything juicy?? LOL

We are still not sure if we are 100W% going. This economy has us a bit nervous. Airfare from Fl back to NJ is also really high. We have traveled that time for the past 3 summers, and airfare is at least 2x as expensive as we are used too, at least on Jet Blue.

We have 3 more weeks to decide. I really really want to go and so does DH, so we will see.

The funniest at the DIS meets are the spouses of DISers who get to meet the other spouses of DISers and joke about how obsessed we are with the DIS. :laughing:

I booked my 2006 Magic cruise 23 months in advance. That was a loooong time of people posting on that meet thread.

My DH wanted to know when they served the "kool aid". He wanted to have our server bring a pitcher of fruit punch to the table one night!! We were dining with all Diser's. :rotfl2:

:) the family are still in Wales! I got a quick phonecall yesterday am...just to fill me in. DH had been climbing on a big wall...so far so wet....the DDs had been doing water related activities, one sailing and the other windsurfing. They have another full day of activities today, so wont be home til late. I have just got out of bed after a nightshift...no one here to wake me up...lol...so a late night for me! Just catching up on Dr Who, thank God for sky plus...;)

I was going to take the dog out, but its raining and he doesnt like rain! Not a great trait in a West Highland terrier!. Thought i might walk down to the kids school and 'steal' davids car...just to mess with his head....boy i am bad!

We dont see much of our families...mine are in Scotland and DHs are in Wiltshire, and between work and kids stuff, we only visit now and again ! We didnt delibratly move, but because of DH's work we ended up in Stafford. He left home to go to University and never went back. I suppose the best engineering colleges are in the midlands for a reason, so thats were we stayed! I have moved around quite a bit before i met David, different colleges for different courses!
I dont think i have been to my outlaws for about 3 years, although they do visit us about once a year or so ! I see my mum more ofter, shes quite happy to come down here on the train when i mess up my childcare, and DH is away on business, although i dont do that too often , and the girls are getting older so its less of a problem than when they were young!
We go up to Scotland every few months or so. we had a flat in Glasgow until 2 years ago, but we sold it, and had a fantastic holiday in California with the profit:rotfl: the girls like going north, there is alot to do in Glasgow that we dont have in our little town. My outlaws live in village in the middle of no where, which is very nice and chocolate boxy, but pretty boring for teenagers without a social network there. And my DMIL is brilliant with babies and little kids, but im not quite sure she can get her head around teenage girls! We have nieces and nephews but they are all alot younger than our girls. DH is working near his parents at the moment, but at the end of the day he just wants to get home :) All our grandparents have passed away,they all had a good innings, DHs were in their 90's!

well....best go and do something constructive. I think my sunday newspaper is behind the front door......:lmao:

:thumbsup2 Excellent, glad things worked out.

Man, I'd love to do a "girls cruise". Even a 3-night Wonder would be heavenly.

Joiseymom can tell you that most of the DISers on our Wonder cruise last summer were sailing without kids.

Sigh, cruisn without kids...it's fun :). Nod, yes, there were very few at the meet with kids.

:) DHs are in Wiltshire, :

Where in Wilts Maria?
My Brother lives in Warminster, been there a few years now, before that he lived just a few mile away in Westbury. His business is also in Warminster with offices in London.

Where in Wilts Maria?
My Brother lives in Warminster, been there a few years now, before that he lived just a few mile away in Westbury. His business is also in Warminster with offices in London.
They live in Market Lavington, near Devizes.

does anyone know if there is anywhere to windsurf (emm...the sea i hear you shout!!)...i mean vaquely organised, reliable hiring , anything really! Anywhere on our itinery? cant find anything 'official' ( although to be honest I havent actually 'hunted' yet! DH and DD have been hooked! One weekend in Wales and a hobby is born! Shame we live in the geographic centre of England..lol No sea near here!:lmao:

We live near Lake Erie. There are a lot of water sports and recreational activities in the area. I have seen a few people windsurfing, but, that was on Lake Huron. DS has been wanting to learn how to kayak. But, he just broke his wrist at the skate park on Sunday. So, he is out of commision for a few weeks.
Last summer, we went rafting under Cumberland Falls in Kentucky. It was very interesting, The guide paddled us under the falls. The area was in a drought and the water flow was not to hard. They ususally do not allow people to go under them. We were planning a white water rafting trip, but, it got cancelled due to low water.
We, also, took a tubing trip on the Lake Michigan side.

The kids wanted to do a white water trip this summer. But, the place where we usually go, the min. age for the "big" river is 11. They were not interested in doing the small run. They wanted the big whitewater.

We are going to go up north in a few weeks. DH family owns a cottage in Cadillac. We are planning on going horseback riding, golfing and relaxing. The kids and dog will probably be playin in th estream that runs past the property.

We have a trip planned at the end of the summer. We are taking our trailer to the upper Pennisula. We will be camping at Taquahmenon Falls. We plan on visiting Whitefish point, the Shipwreck Musuem on Lake Superior and taking a glass bottom boat ride over the ship wrecks.
The most famous wreck being the Edmond Fitzgerald. Another day trip to Pictured Rocks National ShoreLine. DS is looking forward to seeing the "SOO locks". After we booked all our reservations, some peole inquired about our plans. We have my inlaws coming, DH's sister and her family, our friends and their son, my aunt and uncle,and my cousin and his family-our closest friends. Poor Marina:sad1: She is going to be the only girl. We are thinking about letting her bring a friend.

I have a few minutes before we leave for scouts. Dh and DS just went to inlaws to help move a fridge to out of their basement. The dog was excited. She loves a trip to grandma's. They spoil her. Spot will play with their dog.

Matt is so depressed about his arm. He can't even play DSNinendo, or play station. He did figure out he could play Wii tennis. He is not allowed to use his left arm at all. It is in a temporary cast right now. They had the xrays sent out to be read.

It is so old. Last week it was in the 80's. Now, 30 degrees. I thought it was finally going to stay warm.

We got a lot of things done around the house over the weekend. We got the garage cleaned out because we are getting a new garage door tomorrow. The kids bailed out the pool and got it cleaned out for the season. We filled it up half way.

I hope that everyone had a terrific weekend.

Maza- I think I saw people windsurfing in Cozumel. I know they have it at Sandals in Jamiaca. My try some of the upper end hotels and resorts.

My sister used to to live in Colorado, so we went white water rafting a few times when I would visit. A little scary at times, but I loved it!

Soccermom- It can be scary. We like to raft the New River. Dh likes the Gaulley River-Class 5+. People have been known to die on this river. It is for experienced rafters only.

Today has been very crazy.
I was suppose to go to training for DS class field trip from 5-7. But, the doctor called about Matt''s arm and I was able to get him an appointment with the orthopedic today at 5:15.

I thought I would leave early so, i could pick up the x-rays. When my van won't start. DH drove it yesterday and left the dome light on. He drove the kids to scchoolin the car this morning.

So,
my FIL is going to pick up the kids from school, pick up the x-rays, and give the car a jump.

Now,
I have to take both kids to the ortho. Dh has a scout dinner that he can no tmiss.

stsomewhere- what training do you nedd to help with a class trip? just curious! here the schools are just grateful if ppl want to help...:lmao:

how is Matts arm? Juli has hurt her back...nothing serious, just landed badly whilst in a county high jumping comp. Told her the idea was to jump OVER the bar, not on top of it...full of the milk of compassion eh!:) she still cleared 1.55 m. though!:cool1: heaven knows how she would cope if she broke anything...she is just so...active!

Everyone is at scouts tonight, except me ofcourse, being a supporting player in the organisation. They are having an 'international' night, although convenience played a big part in choosing which country each patrol was going to represent. Juli has a polish lad in her patrol ( i say polish, but really the only polish thing about him is his name, hes more english than we are! (ok so i am scots...lol)) anyway, her patrol is being Polish for the night. Tomaz is bringing some food his granny has made! Lu's providing the food for her patrol, they are Irish !!! the patrol leader really pushed the international boat out..:laughing: she half made potato cakes to take... nothing like pandering to stereotypes eh! i suppose they are limited to foods they can fry, the group Quartermaster is too damn lazy to get the camp oven out for them
(what can i say, i am post night shift and very tired:laughing:) anyway...stuff to do...House is on in a minute!:banana:

Matt's class is going to Exchange City and Earthworks. I was suppose to teach about grassland. They learning how to take care of diferent environments, how pollution affests them, etc. It was the first field trip I had to be trained to attend.

Oh well, Matt's arm is much more important.He said that his cast has raied his "cool Status" a few levels. He has gotten alot of attention over it. He is very excited to get the temporary cast off. The doctor molded his new cast in a shape that allows Matt to play his viola. He was very excited because he has a school concert and a Fine Arts night coming up.
Matt wanted to skateboard when he got home. He has to wait until his cast comes off on MAy 19th.

Erik is at a scout dinner tonight. Someone from his Woodbage Patrol was earning her beads. Matt didn't go to scouts on Monday due to his arm.
Marina and I went on Tuesday. Her leader is starting the collection prcess on the mom that still owes cookie money. She hasn't been there in 6 weeks.

I watch House, too. Erik can't stand it. Tonight is Survivor. I can't miss it. I have applied 4 times. I haven't been picked:confused3 . I , also, be recording Ugly Betty and Lost. Nig night on TV.

We have a bunch of Doctor Who's and Torchwood recorded. We just have to have time to watch them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter