• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 22nd 2009 Western Carribbean Anyone?

You can find us as Jimmy Buffets' Margaritaville in Key West, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.

We are big Buffet fans.

I am a major Parrothead, too. But the Key West Margaritaville? Having been there, at the Margaritaville in New Orleans, and the one in Las Vegas, I was really disappointed by the food in KW. Have you been to GC or Coz? Is the food better than KW?

That is so wild to have Rachel as CD for all those cruises. We've only had the same CD twice.

Did you talk to her? Will she onboard the Wonder this summer. Brent and Christiaan will be CDs on the Magic this summer so I wonder if Rachel will be back on the Wonder.

Unfortunately no we did not. DS Mathew got to speak to her one evening and she asked him if we were about but we were in theatre getting seats for show.

?

Maza - nice job on your door signs & fish extender:thumbsup2 . I'm not nearly as creative as you!

nothing to do with me im afraid...all Fluffy Bunnys doing:) Making the FE was highly technical...involved sewing machines and everything lol...not decorative stiching found 'pockets'...lol...and also nothing to do with me! I ironed on the names:) and sewed on the union flag :)

This mickey head gets passed around from room to room and left on your stateroom door. When you find the mickey head on your door you have been "tagged". You write your room number on it. Then you see what other stateroom numbers are already marked on the mickey head. Those are the people who have already been "tagged".

You then check your list of people who are playing and find a stateroom number of someone who has not yet gotten the mickey head and go put the mickey head on their stateroom door and now that person has been "tagged".

we have 3 rooms...shouldn't have to walk too far :cool1:
Last year we all submitted room numbers to a central 'DISer' who collated no. of kids, adults and cabin numbers...and posted them a couple of weeks before the cruise. we had a cut off date as some of us had a 2 week holiday before the cruise first:cool1: so a date was set..and anybody in our dis group could participate...or not. no pressure. We exchanged gifts via the fish extenders. there where about 40 of us in the end :laughing: some ppl gave gifts for 'family' others just bought for the kids. some ppl gave gifts relative to their home...we had door magnets from Scotland ( my home) and stonehenge...the most identifiable thing from my DHs home county (Wiltshire). we also did pirate goodie bags for the kids taking part. my DDs went round and delivered some of the gifts and DH and I did the rest.Some ppl spent alot of money. others did not. it doesnt matter. we got allsorts. it was great fun...and we are already keeping an eye open for likely 'gifts' for next year...assuming we (as a group) do it!

We're in on doing the fish extender gift exchange. Now I need to come up with some creative gift ideas.

I am a major Parrothead, too. But the Key West Margaritaville? Having been there, at the Margaritaville in New Orleans, and the one in Las Vegas, I was really disappointed by the food in KW. Have you been to GC or Coz? Is the food better than KW?

Food? They have food? :lmao:

We only care about the margaritas.:banana:

We have been to the KW and Orlando .
We haven't been to Grand cayman or Cozumel since Margaritavilles went in.

We are looking forward to the one in Grand Cayman. It has a water slide.

We will hit them for a drink and maybe a t shirt. The kids won't want to sit there all day.

we have 3 rooms...shouldn't have to walk too far :cool1:
Last year we all submitted room numbers to a central 'DISer' who collated no. of kids, adults and cabin numbers...and posted them a couple of weeks before the cruise. we had a cut off date as some of us had a 2 week holiday before the cruise first:cool1: so a date was set..and anybody in our dis group could participate...or not. no pressure. We exchanged gifts via the fish extenders. there where about 40 of us in the end :laughing: some ppl gave gifts for 'family' others just bought for the kids. some ppl gave gifts relative to their home...we had door magnets from Scotland ( my home) and stonehenge...the most identifiable thing from my DHs home county (Wiltshire). we also did pirate goodie bags for the kids taking part. my DDs went round and delivered some of the gifts and DH and I did the rest.Some ppl spent alot of money. others did not. it doesnt matter. we got allsorts. it was great fun...and we are already keeping an eye open for likely 'gifts' for next year...assuming we (as a group) do it!

This sounds like a great idea.

Now to start thinking of some ideas.

This sounds like a great idea.

Now to start thinking of some ideas.

well....we got nothin but time...:lmao:

infact i have worked out how many working days i have left b4 the cruise....roughly...
and its 126...more or less...makes it all seem a bit nearer. :laughing:

who am i kidding??? lol

I am working hard today.
Both kids are home sick. .
I will be spending all afternoon at the doctors.

DD needs to be touching me..
But, I have escaped for a few minutes to check the board. LOL

I was thinking about the fish extenders. The ones I saw online had a few pockets on them.
Isn't just like a Christmas stocking? We would just need a large one for all the goodies we are going to get.
I received the Orential Trading catalog in the mail yesterday. I got some good ideas. But, I will not buy anything until closer to the cruise.

DS-Matt keeps confirming that we are going on this cruise.
He is excited about pirate night. He plans on dressing up.

How dressed up does everyone get for pirate night? Should I buy or make costumes?

Yes, fish extenders are like a stocking but I think it works better with the multi pockets rather than just one big one.

Or at least - most DISers have the multi pocket ones.

Stsomewhere.....sorry to hear both kids are sick. I went through that last week!!! And this was the second round of stomach flu. Had it very bad in February and then a more mild version last week. Its like a vicious never ending cycle of viruses this winter.

I totally sympathize!!!!

I blame the hot and cold weather we had this winter.

We do have the full pirate outfits. I bought all the pieces from different places online and mix and match. I will admit that our pants are just black pants that we usually wear on the other nights.

Its easier to buy the costumes rather than make them but that's just me. Don't stress too much over buying them. The point is to have fun wearing them.

Wayneg......yes, its true that not as many on the Wonder dress up for pirate night. I think its because most passengers don't know about it!!!! Last summer on the Wonder I had tons of people coming up to me asking where we bought our costumes.

I love your pirate outfits!!!!

The kids have strep. They will be home again tomorrow.
They can't seem to get well.
They had strep 5 weeks ago, too.
The doctor prescribed some stronger meds, so hopefully they will stay well.

They have had strep about 4 times this school year.
Last year, they had it all the time. They kept passing it back and forth. I was at the doctor's at least once a week.

Both of them got their tonsils taken out last spring. so, I hoping they would not get that sick this year.

We do have the full pirate outfits. I bought all the pieces from different places online and mix and match. I will admit that our pants are just black pants that we usually wear on the other nights.

Its easier to buy the costumes rather than make them but that's just me. Don't stress too much over buying them. The point is to have fun wearing them.

Wayneg......yes, its true that not as many on the Wonder dress up for pirate night. I think its because most passengers don't know about it!!!! Last summer on the Wonder I had tons of people coming up to me asking where we bought our costumes.

I love your pirate outfits!!!!

We would love to get costumes. I may mix and match.
Do people not dress up on the Wonder because it is a short cruise or because
they are first timers? Do more people dres up on the longer cruises?

We would love to get costumes. I may mix and match.
Do people not dress up on the Wonder because it is a short cruise or because
they are first timers? Do more people dres up on the longer cruises?

My experience with the Wonder is that people are unaware that they can bring costumes. Talked to a lot of disappointed people who said if they knew in advance they would have packed a costume.

The Wonder tends to get the first time cruisers. The castaway club reception I went to was empty whereas its packed wall to wall on the Magic cruises.

The Wonder tends to get the first time cruisers. The castaway club reception I went to was empty whereas its packed wall to wall on the Magic cruises.

Last week when they asked how many of the crowd were castaway members about 1 third put their hands up and cheered but then at the Castaway welcome back meeting there were only about 35-40 of us.

After the lack of pirates I was considering not wearing mine next August, now not sure if you think more wear them on Magic.

stsomewhere.....wow - that's amazing the kids are still getting strep even with the tonsils removed. Both my kids had their tonsils and adenoids removed and we rarely get infections anymore. Viruses are a completely different story.

That's not right that the kids keep re-infecting themselves. I don't like the idea of giving stronger and stronger antibiotics. DH does that and I think his immune system is completely shot.

Keeping fingers crossed the stronger antibiotics work for your kids and the infection is gone for good....

Wayneg.....definitely bring the pirate costumes. Magic cruisers in the summer are a very outgoing bunch and you will definitely see more pirate costumes. I've also been told by a DCL captain that the western cruises tend to get a more livelier crowd than the eastern cruises.

Same here - and the girls will be old enough to be in the Stack.

Hey, I had completely forgotten you're going on the EB PC cruise. I am so jealous that it looks like Christiaan will be CD on that cruise.

Can you imagine 15 days with that man :cloud9: :love: :cloud9: :love: :worship:

You have to post some pictures of him on formal night when he wears his dress uniform. He doesn't wear that when he's on the Wonder.

Mmmmm...15 nites of Christiaan!! I will def get picks!! :love:

SKi and sea- The doctor wants them to get checked in 2 weks to find out if they are " strep carriers".

I think that they got strep from our neighbor.
They play together all the time. She was sick last week and missed school on Thursday and Friday. On Saturday, they let DD-Marina play in their house. I did not know she was sick.
Marina played with the other sister all day Saturday( at our house).

The parents took the sick girl to the doctors on Monday and she was put in the hospital. She came home Wednesday.

This is a big pet peeve. If your child is sick, keep them home. I don't want them around my kids.

DS- Matt was born with an absent right pulmonary aertery and has pulmonary hypertension.
We were told that he would need a heart /lung transplant. We opted for an experimential surgery. The doctors did 2 surgeries- 1st- get blood flow to the lung. 2nd- open heart to attach heart and lung. They made him an aretery out of donated tissues.
He is doing wonderful.
:thumbsup2 You would never know his has a problem except for his scars-which he is very proud of.
I always worry about him getting sick. What if the strep would get into his blood stream or fever to damage his heart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter