August 2017

I got a deal of $233/night at GF- if I figured it correctly! Have never used them before but from all I have read are on the up and up! Congrats on the amazing price!

Awesome! Would love to know your dates you are going to get $214.24 a night at GF. Nothing to worry about dealing with a TA. I had a great experience last year with one!!! I booked the YC & Poly last summer through one! All went awesome and was even upgraded at the YC from a standard room to the Regatta Club Level with a water view room!!!
Upgraded to CL, nice!

Awesome! Would love to know your dates you are going to get $214.24 a night at GF. Nothing to worry about dealing with a TA. I had a great experience last year with one!!! I booked the YC & Poly last summer through one! All went awesome and was even upgraded at the YC from a standard room to the Regatta Club Level with a water view room!!!

Hi ah10is...we will be there August 15th - 20th...so far my experience with a TA has been positive.

Just booked the Poly from 8/24-9/2! Food and Wine on the 31st, and the possibility of MNSSHP on 9/1 (it was on 9/2 last year).

Last edited:

I booked too can't believe the prices! So happy I found this thread...Thank you all

We were originally booked at All Star Sports For Aug. 23-27 on a bounceback rate of 20% off that we booked before Xmas. Was pretty happy with this as we had planned for this trip to be cheap. However, after looking at other options since we booked, we decided to upgrade our resort and were able to book The Grand Floridian Outer Building - Garden view room for $1134 for the 4 nights ($252 a night before tax)! Very excited as rack rate would have been $2724.76 ($605.50 a night before tax). Almost a 59% savings!!!

Just booked the Poly from 8/24-9/2! Food and Wine on the 31st, and the possibility of MNSSHP on 9/1 (it was on 9/2 last year).
I think I'm in the minority, but I really hope Halloween isn't happening at MK so early! We are there until 9/2 as well, meaning the 1st is our last night. We have always done MK on the last night. I'm not a big fan of celebrating holidays months before the actual holiday... Plus fall and back-to-school time kind of bums me out, so I don't look forward to that kind of vibe at the end of our SUMMER vacation. But, if it happens, we'll just do Epcot that night, which will also be fun.

I think I'm in the minority, but I really hope Halloween isn't happening at MK so early! We are there until 9/2 as well, meaning the 1st is our last night. We have always done MK on the last night. I'm not a big fan of celebrating holidays months before the actual holiday... Plus fall and back-to-school time kind of bums me out, so I don't look forward to that kind of vibe at the end of our SUMMER vacation. But, if it happens, we'll just do Epcot that night, which will also be fun.

I'm not sure if 9/1 will be a MNSSHP night or not, but BOG is only taking dinner reservations until 6:15.

Thanks to everyone on the board who recently shared their amazing discounts for Labor Day week!

I had been lurking, planning on a vacation for the end of September/October when I stumbled on those posts. I was able to google the TA everyone was talking about and got the most amazing deal for 7 nights at the Poly 8/30-9/6 for both our family of 4 and my parents!! This is a Disney dream come true: Poly + Halloween + My parents. They haven't been since 1985 :love:

All I can say is WOW. My upcoming honeymoon is August 27th - September 4th. I sent in a quote for the TA that everyone is talking about. I think his name is voldemort? Not sure. If you are booking for this Aug/Sep and stay deluxe you need to go go go! This deal is amazing! They quoted me Animal Kingdom Lodge for $1,258 cheaper than Disney Website. Again, wow. Same room, tickets, etc. We are pushing it as it is with staying at all star movies. Now it is time to crunch some numbers and reading reviews of AKL. If it is worth $700 more than my current resort then I may just have to refund/re book! Thoughts?

All I can say is WOW. My upcoming honeymoon is August 27th - September 4th. I sent in a quote for the TA that everyone is talking about. I think his name is voldemort? Not sure. If you are booking for this Aug/Sep and stay deluxe you need to go go go! This deal is amazing! They quoted me Animal Kingdom Lodge for $1,258 cheaper than Disney Website. Again, wow. Same room, tickets, etc. We are pushing it as it is with staying at all star movies. Now it is time to crunch some numbers and reading reviews of AKL. If it is worth $700 more than my current resort then I may just have to refund/re book! Thoughts?

How much time are you planning on staying at your resort/room?

If your plan is to pretty much just sleep there and be in the parks almost all day, every day, I would stick with Movies.

If your plan is to hang out and enjoy your resort/room and spend part of each day in the parks, I would consider AKL, especially since it's your honeymoon.

However, you do say that you're pushing to stay at Movies already and AKL is $700 more. Also, keep in mind that you can't add dining to this deal so you'll be paying for all your meals OOP. Personally, in this situation I would stay at Movies. I'd be stressing out about money if my budget were that tight and wouldn't be enjoying my trip. I'd be worried about every penny I spent. If you can come up with some extra money I would spend it on some nice meals and/or some special souvenirs. I stayed at the All Star Resorts for years when my children were young and we always had a great time.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

How much time are you planning on staying at your resort/room?

If your plan is to pretty much just sleep there and be in the parks almost all day, every day, I would stick with Movies.

If your plan is to hang out and enjoy your resort/room and spend part of each day in the parks, I would consider AKL, especially since it's your honeymoon.

However, you do say that you're pushing to stay at Movies already and AKL is $700 more. Also, keep in mind that you can't add dining to this deal so you'll be paying for all your meals OOP. Personally, in this situation I would stay at Movies. I'd be stressing out about money if my budget were that tight and wouldn't be enjoying my trip. I'd be worried about every penny I spent. If you can come up with some extra money I would spend it on some nice meals and/or some special souvenirs. I stayed at the All Star Resorts for years when my children were young and we always had a great time.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Thank you for the input. We went last year and we have a 6 day park ticket so I don't see us in the park full days. This deal is so good we can find the extra money and control our spending until our vacation. We have dreamed of staying here and at this price it's very manageable with some effort.

Thank you for the input. We went last year and we have a 6 day park ticket so I don't see us in the park full days. This deal is so good we can find the extra money and control our spending until our vacation. We have dreamed of staying here and at this price it's very manageable with some effort.
Sounds like you've decided. :)

Yes! Booked our stay Aug 27th - Sep 4th under this awesome labor day deal. You can not beat $230 a night at AKL. We are excited! Now to try and decide if we are doing Boma for breakfast or dinner!!!
:rotfl2:
I recommend strolling over to Kidani in the morning and trying the quick service breakfast at Sanaa. You can also get their bread service in the lounge during the evening. I think those resorts would be a great place to spend a honeymoon.

these rates are amazing! I am booked at pop August 24-31 and some of your rates are cheaper than mods!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter