August 2017

I will be staying Deluxe for the first time because we got a good deal. We are going August 27 to Sept 3 and paying $255 a night at Yacht Club. It would have only been a bit more for Poly but my son looked at photos and really wanted to swim at SAB. He also wants a balcony and we are more likely to get one at YC than BC though they were the same price. I got 7-day park hoppers through the Canadian deal so we are doing well on the trip! I would have liked the dining plan but it's not an option, that's ok, we'll pay out of pocket. I was trying not to book many table service but somehow we have reservations for almost one a day! I will have to look at those again :) I might do a garden grocer order for a few things to have breakfast in the room and hopefully save a bit! But we do love the breakfast buffets lol... mmm bacon and Mickey waffles! Can't wait to go! Though the trip marks the end of our summer holidays so I don't want to rush it too much :)

We have used that agency before and it went well, a friend has too. We both had different specific agents but it was the same dealing with them. I'm not sure if saying that is against the rules?

Honestly, we've found we spend less paying OOP for meals (we're two adults). I buy a $50 Disney gift card each month and use those for all of our OOP expenses while we're there.

We're 3 adults I think FD maybe the better deal for us. Does anyone know when this deal ends?

New to the forums.

We have a Garden View room at the Contemporary from August 14th-20th. Really hoping for a room discount!

Any idea when the room only discount for a deluxe will come out for a trip 8/6-13? Do Disney Visa holders get to book 1st like in years past?

I know everyone is using the TA for deluxe resorts, but we were able to book 7 nights, 8 days with tickets (park hopper plus 1 day option) at POP for two rooms, and save quite a bit. POP was the only value offered for our dates (end of July, beginning of August), but that is where we like to stay, so it worked out great. I just wanted to let everyone know that we were able to use the TA discounts for a value resort. I don't know what the % room discount is, because the tickets are included in our price.

I know everyone is using the TA for deluxe resorts, but we were able to book 7 nights, 8 days with tickets (park hopper plus 1 day option) at POP for two rooms, and save quite a bit. POP was the only value offered for our dates (end of July, beginning of August), but that is where we like to stay, so it worked out great. I just wanted to let everyone know that we were able to use the TA discounts for a value resort. I don't know what the % room discount is, because the tickets are included in our price.

Is this the same TA that is offering the deluxe deals? Or is it a different agency?

Is this the same TA that is offering the deluxe deals? Or is it a different agency?
I'm pretty sure they will give you a quote from anywhere. I'm not sure where the "only deluxe" came in. Except that a lot of us who always wanted but would never have been able to do deluxe are taking the opportunity.

Great, congrats!

I'm pretty sure they will give you a quote from anywhere. I'm not sure where the "only deluxe" came in. Except that a lot of us who always wanted but would never have been able to do deluxe are taking the opportunity.

Their super "Labor Day Deals" are only good for the deluxe resorts. I'm sure they can book anything, but may not offer significant savings like that. I know at different times of the year they offer different deals and maybe that's how the previous poster was able to get something at Pop. But I know their deal starting mid-August is only for the deluxe.

I am hoping that one day we are able to take advantage of the deluxe deals. The rates I am seeing posted on here are fantastic!!

Their super "Labor Day Deals" are only good for the deluxe resorts. I'm sure they can book anything, but may not offer significant savings like that. I know at different times of the year they offer different deals and maybe that's how the previous poster was able to get something at Pop. But I know their deal starting mid-August is only for the deluxe.

I am glad we were lucky enough to be able to book value during our time frame. We are so excited for the discount.

Great, congrats!

Thank you! :)

I might do a garden grocer order for a few things to have breakfast in the room and hopefully save a bit! But we do love the breakfast buffets lol... mmm bacon and Mickey waffles! Can't wait to go! Though the trip marks the end of our summer holidays so I don't want to rush it too much :)?
I can attest to saving money using Garden Grocers. We like our breakfasts too, but we don't have ADRs for them every day of our vacation. Having cereal and milk, yogurt, and fruit as an in-room breakfast option has been both time saving and cost saving in my experience.

However, an even bigger cost and time saving for us was having sandwich makings and afternoon snacks in our room for hungry kids (and teen, and college aged students, and grown adults, etc.). Several times when taking a midday break, members of our party would get a little hungry even after a big morning ADR, lunch in the parks, etc. Having bread and lunch meat, chips and dip, fruit, raw veggies, crackers and cheese, etc. to snack on instead of heading down to the gift shop for over-priced chips or to counter service saved us money and allowed us to quickly snack while lounging on beds and relaxing rather making extra stops on the way to our room.

Garden Grocer is pricer than a normal trip to the grocery store, but in pricing it out, was cheaper for me than using resort options for snacks. We like cold items (cheese, juice, yogurt) and wine/beer, so order through Garden Grocer. Others order snacks through Amazon Prime, which can be even cheaper.

I was able to book the beach club for a week with passes for a family of 3 for 3100! Thank you !!!!!

Hi Everyone! Soooooo...I usually make all my reservations directly through WDW. However, after all the great pricing, decided to check the TA out. I'm actually excited (and a little nervous) because we were able to get the GF 4 nights 5 days (due to work restrictions) at the amazing price of $214.24 per night (before tickets) where it would've normally cost $669.38 OR with a WDW 25% (conservative estimate) discount $502.03...WITH PH & WP day my package cost is $2,266.95...compared to the undiscounted WDW price $4,087.50!!!! I would say it was a NO BRAINER!!!!

Now, we ALWAYS love our Deluxe Dining Plan but have decided to earmark funds to purchase the Disney World Cards through Target (I can get my 5% Red Card discount) and we will use those for our dining...same difference!

NOW...I would *LOVE* to hear good things about going this route (as in via a TA instead of direct) as I mentioned earlier that I usually go direct and am SUPER hopeful that this is simply a great deal and not some crazy scheme.

:-)

Hi Everyone! Soooooo...I usually make all my reservations directly through WDW. However, after all the great pricing, decided to check the TA out. I'm actually excited (and a little nervous) because we were able to get the GF 4 nights 5 days (due to work restrictions) at the amazing price of $214.24 per night (before tickets) where it would've normally cost $669.38 OR with a WDW 25% (conservative estimate) discount $502.03...WITH PH & WP day my package cost is $2,266.95...compared to the undiscounted WDW price $4,087.50!!!! I would say it was a NO BRAINER!!!!

Now, we ALWAYS love our Deluxe Dining Plan but have decided to earmark funds to purchase the Disney World Cards through Target (I can get my 5% Red Card discount) and we will use those for our dining...same difference!

NOW...I would *LOVE* to hear good things about going this route (as in via a TA instead of direct) as I mentioned earlier that I usually go direct and am SUPER hopeful that this is simply a great deal and not some crazy scheme.

:-)
Awesome! Would love to know your dates you are going to get $214.24 a night at GF. Nothing to worry about dealing with a TA. I had a great experience last year with one!!! I booked the YC & Poly last summer through one! All went awesome and was even upgraded at the YC from a standard room to the Regatta Club Level with a water view room!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter