August 2015!!!

Hi everyone!

We have decided that we will be going again August 2015 (yaaay!) but haven't quite decided on the dates yet. We're thinking towards the end of August.

So here's my question...when is the best time to book our package? We are staying onsite and going with the dining plan.

This will be my first time doing the bookings on my own, we used a TA last time. Last time, we did not decide this far out, so we only did our booking in February of the same year.

What are your thoughts on the best time to book when you are a year out?

Thank you! So excited!!

We plan on going in August 2015 and I wanted to know the same thing. I'm so anxious to book pixiedust: even if it is a year away. It is really easy to book it on your own. You can just keep checking the Disney site for discounts and book it when a discount comes out or book it now and when a discount comes out call and ask them to apply the discount if it is available for your resort that you have booked. I want to book now and then wait for a discount but some posted that if to many book ahead there may not be a discount if they dont need to fill rooms. I have been checking historical discounts and they came out in February and March for August 2014.
I'm still undecided if I want to wait for the discounts to come out.

Booked 8/28-9/6 at Pop!!:hippie:

We took our very first trip this year in April and were going to try to wait until 2016 to go again but the kids and I wore DH down and got him to agree so long as we stay within budget and we don't go during the school year. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

We plan on going in August 2015 and I wanted to know the same thing. I'm so anxious to book pixiedust: even if it is a year away. It is really easy to book it on your own. You can just keep checking the Disney site for discounts and book it when a discount comes out or book it now and when a discount comes out call and ask them to apply the discount if it is available for your resort that you have booked. I want to book now and then wait for a discount but some posted that if to many book ahead there may not be a discount if they dont need to fill rooms. I have been checking historical discounts and they came out in February and March for August 2014.
I'm still undecided if I want to wait for the discounts to come out.
We're also wondering whether to book something now or wait for the discount. I guess another question is whether the room discounts are released prior to the 180 day ADR mark?

We're also wondering whether to book something now or wait for the discount. I guess another question is whether the room discounts are released prior to the 180 day ADR mark?

Hmmm I dont know what to do either here is when this years discounts came out and expired

6/15/14-8/28/14 10%-35% off room-only rates for Disney’s Visa cardholders (also bookable as package) released 3/13/14, exp 6/6/14

6/15/14-8/28/14 10%-35% off room-only rates for general public (also bookable as package)released 3/17/14, exp 6/6/14

WooHoo! Looking to book CL at Poly for August 6-15. Can't wait to see the new things at the Polynesian!!

This will be our third trip in August. Since my kids are older (18,16,&12), we only go when they are not in school. We love August. As stated before, make sure you drink LOTS and LOTS of water and take afternoon breaks. It can be at your hotel, lunch in the A/C at the parks, or just a snooze in the Hall of Presidents. :goodvibes

WooHoo! Looking to book CL at Poly for August 6-15. Can't wait to see the new things at the Polynesian!!

This will be our third trip in August. Since my kids are older (18,16,&12), we only go when they are not in school. We love August. As stated before, make sure you drink LOTS and LOTS of water and take afternoon breaks. It can be at your hotel, lunch in the A/C at the parks, or just a snooze in the Hall of Presidents. :goodvibes

I have stayed at the Poly twice, I love that resort :) What all are they doing to the Poly ? Hot tub maybe ? We may have to try the snooze at the Hall of Presidents, I haven't been in there in years lol.

I still havent booked yet :confused3

I haven't booked yet either!

But we're still going!!

Hoping to book within the next month or so.

August 5-16 -- 2 rooms at Pop -- me, the hubby, our 4 kids, and youngest son's best friend

I wish I could decide which resort :headache: I keep going back and forth between CBR and AKL :confused3

Hi everyone! Booked the bounce back during our visit this month. Going back to CBR in 2015 8/22-9/1 :earboy2:

Super excited to see this thread! Yay for August 2015!

Just booked a 10 day honeymoon at POR for the first week in August!

Hi, I'm new to this forum but super excited to be a part of it, just booked our flights and villa for August 2015 :)

Hi everyone! So excited to be planning our 2nd WDW trip. The family and I just did our first trip earlier this month and had an amazing time- can't wait to do it all over again! There are a few things we are planning to do differently. First off, we plan on staying onsite (RV at Ft. Wilderness) and we hope to fly instead of drive. Other than that- if our trip could be even half as fun as this last one we would be thrilled. :goodvibes

Hi, I'm new to this forum but super excited to be a part of it, just booked our flights and villa for August 2015 :)

Who did you book flights through? I've been looking constantly for flights for August 2015 and I can't get past July.

I'll be there August 2-9 with 11 in total family members. Sisters family and parents. Parents haven't been to Disney in 30 years. Looking forward to having a great trip. We'll be staying at the Boardwalk Villas

We'll be at POR Aug 21-28! Just got back yesterday & already planning out our ADRs ;)

We plan to go in the middle of August now I'm worried. I was searching August threads and have read so many negative comments on how hot and miserable it is in August :crazy2:

It's not that bad! We go in August because as a teacher I can only go during the summer. We go early, take a break and go back later in the afternoon staying until 12 or later. We went this year the 4th-12th We are planning the 3rd-11th for 2015 :)

We just returned from our first August trip a few weeks ago.

It wasn't as bad as I had feared it would be!

We didn't even take the advice of most people (i.e., arrive at rope drop and leave in the afternoon to return in the evenings). We did a character meal every morning in one of the parks and spent the entire day in the parks. I think we only returned in the afternoon twice -- mainly to change clothes after wet rides so we were dry for dinner!

The only time we were truly hot was in the World Showcase at Epcot because of all the pavement and lack of real shade. So we ducked into Malestrom and waited the 45 minutes for the ride in the air conditioning.

The crowds were lower, in our opinion, than they are when we visit in May.

It did rain a lot and I'll definitely be searching for a waterproof backpack / carryall to keep our phones and other devices dry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter