August 2015!!!

Woo Hoo!!! :hippee:

Planning on August 6-16 with 2 rooms at Pop!!!

Will firm up the details after this year's trip and when the 2015 packages come out in July.

Just bumping the thread up to the top!

Counting down to this year's trip but already making notes for next year's! :lol:

:cool1: Super excited to see this thread!! I JUST started thinking about an August '15 trip and my wheels are rapidly turning. Very tentatively looking at 7-9 days in the August 1-16 time frame and just thrilled to be back in my happy place of Disney trip planning. :cloud9:

So I know we've got awhile, but let's talk! Because while my husband loves Disney, he is in no way up for hearing all about it and planning over a year head of time. Weirdo. ;)

This will be our first trip since FB+/Magic Bands/etc. and I admit, it's got me nervous. Just not sure about it. I love my planning, I love arranging things ahead of time but that level of planning ahead just makes me feel a little anxious! I do childcare at home and one of my families just got back a few days ago from a week at WDW - mom raved about it and loved it so I told her she has to totally walk me through it!

Anyone been to LEGOLAND? I want to do a day there - my son's a huge Lego nut and we've never been.

I'm also thinking about biting the bullet and doing what I've always wanted to do and staying 1 or 2 nights at the Poly. :yay: We're value resort people, which is honestly fine with me - for us, staying value has always meant more money to do other extras or stay an extra day and I'd much prefer that. But I've always wanted to stay at the Poly so I'm looking at moving there our last night or 2. I figure it has to be at the end of the trip b/c I can't go back to value once I've stayed there. :lmao:

We are planning a trip in August 2015, too. I am currently thinking August 14to 21/22 or August 21 to 28/29. It depends on when my kids go back to school.

We did August last year and it was hot and crowded but we had a ball. Looking forward to planning!

pixiedust:

Debbie

There's a 95% chance we'll be switching our March 2015 trip to August 2015. A change was made at work that doesn't give me the right days off around our March Break (I work in a school), and the only other time I can go with enough days is August.

The only thing that concerns me is the heat - if I can handle March Break crowds with no problem, I figure end of August should be a piece of cake, crowd-wise. I'm really not a fan of humidity, though!

On the plus side, with lower resort prices in August we may be looking at Beach Club or Poly instead of POFQ :)

This will be our first trip since FB+/Magic Bands/etc. and I admit, it's got me nervous. Just not sure about it. I love my planning, I love arranging things ahead of time but that level of planning ahead just makes me feel a little anxious!

We absolutely loved FP+/MagicBands when we were there a few months ago. I had originally been worried after all the negative posts I had read here, but once we got there we were happy. Super convenient, easy to use, no problem scheduling FP+, etc...

I knew there would be posts already for 8/2015!!!
We are looking to make the trip to WDW at the end of August just before school starts here in NJ.

Hello, hello, hello!

I'm very excited to post! I'm planning a 5 day Disney stay for August 2015. I've picked the dates of 8/15 to get the road trip started and we will be in Disney from the 16th-22nd. Ahhhh I can't wait!!!

It'll be my husband and I. His first trip, my third. We will invite family too but I'm not sure who will go.

I'm waiting on the official 2015 rates to be released before I book. :)

We are thinking of going to WDW August 2015 maybe arriving on the 16th for 5 nights. We were there last month and I absolutely love fastpass + and the magic bands. I don't know how we would of managed without them this past trip it just made everything so much easier.

There's a 95% chance we'll be switching our March 2015 trip to August 2015. A change was made at work that doesn't give me the right days off around our March Break (I work in a school), and the only other time I can go with enough days is August.

The only thing that concerns me is the heat - if I can handle March Break crowds with no problem, I figure end of August should be a piece of cake, crowd-wise. I'm really not a fan of humidity, though!

On the plus side, with lower resort prices in August we may be looking at Beach Club or Poly instead of POFQ :)
Honestly, I'd take August over March any day, even with the heat. Our last trip was our first March one and DH and I both said halfway through, "not March again!" I may not be a huge hot weather fan but we had some downright chilly days and evenings in March and we realized that we just aren't people who want to have to put on jeans and goodies at Disney. :)

Crowd wise, it should be better too- maybe MUCH. Granted its been years, but our honeymoon at Disney was Aug 25- Sept. 2 and crowd wise, it was awesome. Definitely HOT and that does make me a little nervous - my kids are old enough now that they were just saying the other day how they won't HAVE to take a mid- day break but I think they're still going to want to take one and swim! :)

We were debating between early June and end of Aug.and I was also happy to see lower Aug.prices. :D

Thanks for the positive notes about FP+. I know it's me and my intense dislike of change. :rolleyes: I'm sure it'll go great - since some of you have used it already, let me ask- how much harder or more of a hassle will it be without a smartphone? We don't have tons of disposable income most months and we haven't been able to justify dropping $$ each month on smartphones,data plans,etc and thus far have stuck with our basic flip phones. We like kicking it old school. :laughing: But I'm wondering if that's going to make it more of a pain in the parks, having to rely on kiosks? We have a tablet but bringing it each day doesn't sound like something I really want to do unless we'd really be at a big disadvantage without that access.:confused3

how much harder or more of a hassle will it be without a smartphone?

We had my husband's phone with us but didn't use it - I had everything booked at home already, and the few changes we made I did them on our notebook in the hotel room at night. We used a kiosk once when one of the people travelling with us wanted to switch a FP+. I found that the wifi wasn't the greatest when we did try to do it on a phone, so it was easier to do it in our room or at a kiosk.

Hello!!! So excited to see August 2015 planners. We are taking our very 1st WDW trip in 15 days!!!! Yea!!! We are also going on our 1st Disney Cruise next month too! :-) So we haven't even been on our 1st trip and I'm already planning my 2nd!!! I'm thinking August 8 - 14, 2015. Then 3 night cruise on the Dream 14-17. Maybe one more night at WDW before flying home. If we can be gone that long. I would love to stay one more day instead go going straight home after our cruise like we are doing this year.

We had my husband's phone with us but didn't use it - I had everything booked at home already, and the few changes we made I did them on our notebook in the hotel room at night. We used a kiosk once when one of the people travelling with us wanted to switch a FP+. I found that the wifi wasn't the greatest when we did try to do it on a phone, so it was easier to do it in our room or at a kiosk.

Thanks! That's true, doing things in the evening via laptop or tablet sounds good. :)

I have been to DW in August before and while it is very hot, the crowds at the end of the month really weren't bad. Hoping in 2015 to go August 22 to August 29th. It all depends on when school starts....might be the week before.
:cool1:

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to see other people planning for August. We're going the 9th-23rd. I'm anxiously waiting for Disney to release the packages for 2015.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter