August 2015 Car Rental Rate Watch

Are you talking about alamo?

It is a rental with Alamo, but I went through Costco directly and booked it on their travel website (I'm a member). The rates I see directly from Costco have always been cheaper than running the Costco code through on the Alamo website.

It is a rental with Alamo, but I went through Costco directly and booked it on their travel website (I'm a member). The rates I see directly from Costco have always been cheaper than running the Costco code through on the Alamo website.

HA! I went to check this, and my rate dropped another $20 from 6 hours ago when I booked. So I cancelled and rebooked--that pays for another lobstah roll!

But tonight, for whatever reason, booking through the Alamo site using the Costco code was the same as booking through Costco, so either I was doing something wrong before or it really can vary.

Dumb question - if you book directly through Costco or carrentalsavers with
Alamo will you be able to do online check-in so we can just go to the garage and pick a car and show necessary paperwork and licenses at exit. Never booked through either so not sure how that works. Thanks

So, mini vans are sold out Tampa August 1-11. I have one reserved, but I land at 10 pm. That are the chances they will actually still have the van? I just have a sinking feeling they will allow someone to take it away before I get there that late. Alamo. And I must have a mini van as even a large suv won't get the wheelchair and car seats in while also being able to get into the vehicle (mini van much easier to climb into than sub for handicap).

I have, so far, found the opposite to be true. I haven't been able to get the Costco website to even come close to the $258 for 2 weeks (Aug 19th to Sept 2nd) with a fullsize using the Costco Contract ID of 7014627 and the Visa coupon code AD2338FDF with Alamo Insiders.

Just saved over $60 rebooking with Alamo. Had a great price but then had to pay for the extra driver. Used
Costco and Visa coupon and got a full size for Aug 15-21 for $223. Will keep checking but don't think it
will get much lower.

national dropped a few more dollars overnight. I love using the aisle service, so they are my first choice. My dates are August 1-8

So, mini vans are sold out Tampa August 1-11. I have one reserved, but I land at 10 pm. That are the chances they will actually still have the van? I just have a sinking feeling they will allow someone to take it away before I get there that late. Alamo. And I must have a mini van as even a large suv won't get the wheelchair and car seats in while also being able to get into the vehicle (mini van much easier to climb into than sub for handicap).

Maybe best to call ALAMO ... and ask the question.

I believe ALAMO-ENTERPRISE-NATIONAL are affiliated ... so it is possible they may share vehicles.

Are there any codes for National?

Always, you can check mousesavers to see which ones you may qualify for. I tend to use 5007125 (which is an emerald club member). If you're not a member, its free to signup. There's a Visa one 5027113, plus lots of airline ones. I've been using the $30 coupon NDA2324BR successfully for the last several trips. I love the Emerald aisle service. Nothing better than getting your luggage and heading straight to the aisle.

Just checked again with Alamo using Insider, Costco and Visa coupon. After saving over $60 yesterday the
price was almost $20 lower today so rebooked and saved more. Will keep checking - maybe will go lower
again.

Just checked again with Alamo using Insider, Costco and Visa coupon. After saving over $60 yesterday the
price was almost $20 lower today so rebooked and saved more. Will keep checking - maybe will go lower
again.
Right now my price with Alamo using the same discounts is $160 more than when I booked one month ago.....it is showing $418 now for two weeks for a full size car. I have it at $258 (Aug 19-Sept 2).

national dropped a few more dollars overnight. I love using the aisle service, so they are my first choice. My dates are August 1-8

Dropped another $5 today. I leave in 6 days.....

Just got a $43 reduction (down to $229) on full size car this morning on Alamo using coupon AD2338FDF & Disney annual pass contract 860292. Trip dates Aug. 15-23

Between last night and this morning prices dropped $50+ for me from Aug 12-23 $333 for full size using Costco. Was cheaper last night through Alamo but cheaper this morning on Costco's site. Still hoping to get it lower....

Just checked national and my rate went up nearly $100 from what I booked this morning. It appears to be going the wrong way. I'm happy with my rate, so it's all good.

I just checked with Alamo and Costco for my trip next week and still nothing even close to the price I currently have booked which is $342 for a midsize SUV August 5-16. I will try for another couple of days and then that's it!

Plus posting on here lets me watch my ticker going down! Single digit happy dance! :jumping1:party::jumping1:

For the first time since I booked in February, Alamo rates are finally lower than what I have. Only by $12, but still, it's finally a teeny victory!

And now Budget is suddenly lower than Alamo with Costco, but I had a bad Budget experience last fall, and I will not use them again.

And now Budget is suddenly lower than Alamo with Costco, but I had a bad Budget experience last fall, and I will not use them again.
I agree, cheapest is not always the best choice. I pretty much stay with national or Alamo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter