August 2015 Car Rental Rate Watch

Where are you putting these codes in? I had some great prices this morning, and before I finished the transaction, the price nearly tripled.
The visa code goes under coupon code and the costco goes under contract ID. Don't forget to use Alamo Insiders too.

The main page at Alamo's website shows "Add Discount Code" near the bottom left. You have to click on that to open up the Contract ID and Coupon Code boxes. As noted above, the Costco code is a Contract ID and the Visa thing is a Coupon Code.

I'm still sitting at $373 for a minivan for 10 days in late August using the Vegas Brazil code, the Visa coupon code and Alamo insiders.

Must be the dates, my 13 days in August using the codes: $601 for a compact.

Last year I booked with Priceline, "Name your price". We wound up booking 6 days before our trip and got a full-size for 15 days, $9 per day winning bid, $259 all in. Still lots of time for prices to drop.

I am looking for a 1-way car rental, from state to state. The prices are crazy high. Has anyone had luck with finding great deals for 1 way, out of state rentals?

Last year I booked with Priceline, "Name your price". We wound up booking 6 days before our trip and got a full-size for 15 days, $9 per day winning bid, $259 all in. Still lots of time for prices to drop.
That's not so much different than I have now. $258 for a fullsize for 14 days with Alamo Aug 19-Sept2.

Well my mid August rates are still horrible, but my November rental just dropped like a rock!

Finally something remotely reasonable. 16 days, Standard, Hertz, $372 total

My only change for August 20 - 30 for mid SUV, is that now Alamo isn't showing them available, I'm happy with $30 a day including taxes, but thought I could still get better, booked back in April.

I noticed the same thing. Using Alamo, Mid size SUV doesn't even come up as an option anymore at MCO for Aug 13-22. Does that mean everything is standard SUV or higher? Or has Alamo ever had a Mid Size SUV aisle at MCO?

I booked through Costco back in April/May for $309 for the 9 days. At the time, the Mid Size SUV was 1/2 as much as the standard SUV and cheaper than most of the cars.

Finally something remotely reasonable. 16 days, Standard, Hertz, $372 total
My fullsize with Alamo starting Aug 19 for 14 days totals at $258 (Costco, Visa, and Insiders)....you should be able to do better than $372.

I noticed the same thing. Using Alamo, Mid size SUV doesn't even come up as an option anymore at MCO for Aug 13-22. Does that mean everything is standard SUV or higher? Or has Alamo ever had a Mid Size SUV aisle at MCO?

I called Alamo, they do have Mid Size SUVs at MCO - they are just sold out for new reservations - maybe we'll luck out a getting a larger vehicle. ;)

I keep checking back in with Costco and Alamo and still cant get a better rate than $343 for 11 nights August 5-16 for a mid sized SUV. Whilst I will keep checking back in, I am not holding out much hope of getting anything better!

I keep checking back in with Costco and Alamo and still cant get a better rate than $343 for 11 nights August 5-16 for a mid sized SUV. Whilst I will keep checking back in, I am not holding out much hope of getting anything better!

My rates for the 10-18 went up again, a bunch in the last couple of days. Nothing comes close to the $229 I booked months ago. I guess at this point, I just see what happens when I show up 4 hours early (same amount of days total).

Our rates are down a little today, haven't moved for a while! I'm at 341$ and change for a minivan at Alamo with the VroomVroom code and the 30$ coupon, August 19-29 I know I'm taking a risk with this code but I'm willing to live dangerously...

I do envy all of you late Aug people getting these low rates. I'm still walking around in sticker shock because of the early August rates. At this point though, I. too, am not holding out hope for anything better

Our rates are down a little today, haven't moved for a while! I'm at 341$ and change for a minivan at Alamo with the VroomVroom code and the 30$ coupon, August 19-29 I know I'm taking a risk with this code but I'm willing to live dangerously...
Why is it a risk? Am I missing something? With vroom I can get a minivan for $50 more for 11 days than a mid size SUV? Wondering if it's worth it for more space?

Why is it a risk? Am I missing something? With vroom I can get a minivan for $50 more for 11 days than a mid size SUV? Wondering if it's worth it for more space?

Well, it's rumored to be for international visitors (which I am since I'm Canadian but I don't know if it counts :rolleyes:) and it includes insurance, which is usually a sign that it may not be for everyone...:rolleyes1
I intend on using online check-in and hoping for the best! :flower:

Firefly at MCO recently dropped their rates, for my 13 days, $267 USD for a compact. I've already reserved with Thrifty for about $30 higher, so I may or may not switch. Anyone able to comment on Firefly? I've heard some sketchy reviews about them, and some positive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter