august 2013 codes for rental cars?

So the moral of the story is....if at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

My last post got me to thinking....I wonder what would happen if I logged in to my Insiders account through Alamo.ca rather than Alamo.com (which is the site I usually use).

So...I log in to Alamo.ca, and begin the check-in process. Then I add payment information. Then.......voila! :banana: I get my bypass ticket and confirmation that payment and additional driver information were both added successfully! :banana:

It will be right to the garage for us after all! :cheer2: Whoop, whoop! :woohoo:

(Yup, I know....its the small things that make me so happy :thumbsup2 )

Our final price for an 8 day rental of a standard SUV, including taxes and fees, was $285.

Nice work, Gina! We are leaving for the airport in about an hour. Final rate $199.80 for a Standard car, 8/22 - 9/2, Insiders and Visa.

My last post got me to thinking....I wonder what would happen if I logged in to my Insiders account through Alamo.ca rather than Alamo.com (which is the site I usually use).

So...I log in to Alamo.ca, and begin the check-in process. Then I add payment information. Then.......voila! :banana: I get my bypass ticket and confirmation that payment and additional driver information were both added successfully! :banana:

It will be right to the garage for us after all! :cheer2: Whoop, whoop! :woohoo:

Our final price for an 8 day rental of a standard SUV, including taxes and fees, was $285.

Great news for you you!:thumbsup2

We pick up our vehicle on Friday :cheer2: . Vacation time is almost here!

Just tried to do online check-in with Alamo and kept getting an error message when the payment information was entered. Two calls to Alamo yielded that my Visa coupon is preventing me from checking in online :badpc: . So no proceeding right to the garage for me.....but we WILL try the kiosk this time.

Happy travels to the remainder of my fellow August vacationers! Drive safely and have a wonderful holiday! :drive:

You have a GREAT time. I am going to miss your posts. :)

Make me happy and tell me you printed this out, also, again have a GREAT time. :)

Make me happy and tell me you printed this out, also, again have a GREAT time. :)

Yes ma'am, I did :) . And thank you so much :goodvibes .

We just checked in for our flight tomorrow, and upgraded to Even More Space seats with JetBlue....a first for us! We leave in 51 minutes.....so excited! :hyper:

Can't believe some of our "go-to" posters have left for their vacations. Hope you all have a wonderful time!

Currently, Alamo has their minivan price for our dates within $2 of the lowest price I've seen (which was that dip that only last a few hours). :goodvibes

Got to the Alamo fullsize aisle around 11pm last night. Walking down the front half of the aisle, hardly any cars...an Impala and an Avenger. I was going to just grab that Impala, but decided to walk further down to the far portion of the aisle. I found, parked bumper to bumper across the parking lines, a cornucopia of sedans, wagons, small SUVs, full size SUVs, minivans, etc. I grabbed a Pathfinder, as it was at the front of the bumper to bumper line of cars. Make sure you walk the whole aisle, dont just grab the first vehicle you can get your hands on!

Got to the Alamo fullsize aisle around 11pm last night. Walking down the front half of the aisle, hardly any cars...an Impala and an Avenger. I was going to just grab that Impala, but decided to walk further down to the far portion of the aisle. I found, parked bumper to bumper across the parking lines, a cornucopia of sedans, wagons, small SUVs, full size SUVs, minivans, etc. I grabbed a Pathfinder, as it was at the front of the bumper to bumper line of cars. Make sure you walk the whole aisle, dont just grab the first vehicle you can get your hands on!

Thank you for the report and suggestion! Nice to score a Pathfinder. :thumbsup2

:worship: Thank you Alamo!!! Our one-way 3 day rental from Port Canaveral to Disney Car Care Center had not budged one single penny in over 3 months but last night, I checked one more time and it was FINALLY down from $189 to $77!!! :cool1: :banana:

We fly out late tonight so I am signing off for now.

Safe travels to you all and I wish the most magical vacation ever!

Gina

:worship: Thank you Alamo!!! Our one-way 3 day rental from Port Canaveral to Disney Car Care Center had not budged one single penny in over 3 months but last night, I checked one more time and it was FINALLY down from $189 to $77!!! :cool1: :banana:

We fly out late tonight so I am signing off for now.

Safe travels to you all and I wish the most magical vacation ever!

Gina

WOW!!!! Awesome! :woohoo: Safe travels & best wishes to you also.

If you see them parked bumper to bumper they are what they call overflow. You are not supposed to take them. They are waiting to be assigned to the proper rows and a Pathfinder is NOT a full size car. Look above you, the signs will tell you if you are in the correct row. In this case, this renter was NOT in full size.

Thank you for the report and suggestion! Nice to score a Pathfinder. :thumbsup2

It was not a good score and I am surprised the exit agent did not say something or change the price. Bumper to bumper parked cars are not fair game. They are overflow waiting to be parked in the appropriate parking areas. Yes, it was a cornicopia, which would tell you that something was a bit different. Usually they have an attendant there, but, apparently they did not at this time.

:worship: Thank you alamo!!! Our one-way 3 day rental from port canaveral to disney car care center had not budged one single penny in over 3 months but last night, i checked one more time and it was finally down from $189 to $77!!! :cool1: :banana:

We fly out late tonight so i am signing off for now.

Safe travels to you all and i wish the most magical vacation ever!

Gina

awesome!!!

My Alamo rental dropped another $1 today:) at this point my husband is laughing at how excited this makes me. However our rental started at $225 and we are now sitting at $141- we have 7 days until arrival

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter