august 2013 codes for rental cars?

Just finished redoing my August reservation - August 16th to August 30th - into Tampa. I just knocked my price down to $239.75 from a starting price of about $440. Used Costco code and Visa coupon. This is so much better.

My dates and location are so close to yours but I wasn't able to get a great price.

TPA pickup 1:00 a.m. on Aug. 18th drop off Sept. 1st 10:30 a.m.

Same codes I get $437 for a midsize. Hopefully the rates drop for my dates over the next few days, we enjoy choosing our car with Alamo.

I used the 20% Florida specials icon on the BJs car rental page. I didn't change or add any codes.

Is the Visa coupon something you entered in the Costco site or is it an actual coupon that needs to be given at the reservation / pick up counter? I had a rate of $240 for 8/24 through 9/4 for a fullsize car.

Here's a question regarding Alamo. Can I log in as an insider, use the visa code and the annual pass holder discount? Is it possible to stack it that way? Soo confusing!

Here's a question regarding Alamo. Can I log in as an insider, use the visa code and the annual pass holder discount? Is it possible to stack it that way? Soo confusing!

No, you cannot use two discount codes, which is the visa code and the disney code. You can however use the disney code and the visa coupon if you want.

Is the Visa coupon something you entered in the Costco site or is it an actual coupon that needs to be given at the reservation / pick up counter? I had a rate of $240 for 8/24 through 9/4 for a fullsize car.

The Visa coupon isn't a physical paper coupon. Its a code you enter online when you make your reservation (AD2338FDF). You do, however, have to pay for the rental with your Visa card in order to use the coupon code.

Hope that helps! :)

If you log in as an Insider, it will automatically give you the Insider pricing unless you enter another discount code like Costco or Disney AP. It won't give you both. Regardless if you use Insiders or another code, a coupon can be added like the $30 Visa coupon. So you can use 1 code plus 1 coupon.

If you log in as an Insider, it will automatically give you the Insider pricing unless you enter another discount code like Costco or Disney AP. It won't give you both. Regardless if you use Insiders or another code, a coupon can be added like the $30 Visa coupon. So you can use 1 code plus 1 coupon.

Thanks for the help. Trying to think of every scenario to drop our rate:)

Well, as per my habit of the last few months I rechecked my rates again this morning while enjoying some coffee, and low and behold they are down again!

Tampa 8/15 to 8/24
fullsize with Alamo
costco id
30 off visa coupon

new total is 173

How low can we go?

I booked my car on the Alamo website using the Costco code and Visa coupon.
I had to double check all my info since the price seemed very low - $239 for 14 days plus 1 hour. I checked again an hour later and the price was back over $300. I must have just hit it at the right time.

Well, as per my habit of the last few months I rechecked my rates again this morning while enjoying some coffee, and low and behold they are down again!

Tampa 8/15 to 8/24
fullsize with Alamo
costco id
30 off visa coupon

new total is 173

How low can we go?

I do not see any location on the Costco travel booking site to enter the Visa code. How did you get it added?

I do not see any location on the Costco travel booking site to enter the Visa code. How did you get it added?

You have to do it on the Alamo site. Costco ID is 7014627

Note: make sure you do have a costco ID- they have checked before on my rentals several times (although sometimes they do not).

Thanks for the info. Still cheaper through Enterprise and the Costco site today but I will keep checking both.

240 including fees for a full size for 11 days is something I will find hard to beat. I have always gotten ridiculous prices through Costco but you have to keep checking because they fluctuate all the time.

Well my dollar full size rental just dropped $8 down to 212. Dates are 8-30 thru 9-7 picking up at Sanford.

I checked Alamo this morning and our rates went down $20!

Pick up Aug 31 7pm MCO and drop off Sept 3 7pm Dolphin hotel for $65 midsize car. Previously it was $88.

It pays to check every day, sometimes multiple times a day! :banana:

I checked Alamo this morning and our rates went down $20!

Pick up Aug 31 7pm MCO and drop off Sept 3 7pm Dolphin hotel for $65 midsize car. Previously it was $88.

It pays for check every day, sometimes multiple times a day! :banana:

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

And you are so right about checking frequently. I am checking and re-checking so often, my boss has threatened to send me for therapy :rotfl2: . And DS has nicknamed me The Crazy Car Rental Lady. What can I say, its a sickness :rolleyes1 .

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

And you are so right about checking frequently. I am checking and re-checking so often, my boss has threatened to send me for therapy :rotfl2: . And DS has nicknamed me The Crazy Car Rental Lady. What can I say, its a sickness :rolleyes1 .

I check every few hours....my rates have slowly been climbing after bottoming out Tuesday. But it could just as easily go back the other way, there really is no way to tell. I enjoy the "hunt" as much as the vacation itself so I don't mind :goodvibes

I am calling it done for me LOL!!!
I pick my car up late late late tomorrow night, and the rate is currently higher than what I have, so I am good and happy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter