august 2013 codes for rental cars?

Gina, not sure if it matters, but the Alamo quote with insiders includes an additional driver. Budget does not. With the 2 being nearly equal I will pick Alamo because its only fair that DH and I share the driving. ;)

Yes, its one big point for Alamo vs. the reservation with Budget. Even though I don't like driving (not even at home if I can help it :rotfl:) its nice to have me on as a second driver in the case of an emergency or illness.

Alamo pros = free second driver, and the ability to pick the vehicle. I can also keep watching for another two weeks and rebook if the price goes down.
Cons = I have to pay with my Visa (which charges me a conversion fee) and its currently more expensive, even without the conversion/exchange factored in.

Budget pros = cheaper overall cost and billed in Canadian funds, can be paid now (so I can stop looking and driving myself crazy!!) and earns me air miles.
Cons = assigned a vehicle/no ability to choose, a bad past experience, no free second driver, and locked in on price once we book.

lol, this is not getting any easier :rolleyes1 .

I was just coming to ask about second driver--is it covered with Alamo? We are thinking of adding me, and our best rate is currently with Alamo, but I didn't see free additional driver? Is it only certain rates? I used the insider rate with the upgrade.

Yes, its one big point for Alamo vs. the reservation with Budget. Even though I don't like driving (not even at home if I can help it :rotfl:) its nice to have me on as a second driver in the case of an emergency or illness.

Alamo pros = free second driver, and the ability to pick the vehicle. I can also keep watching for another two weeks and rebook if the price goes down.
Cons = I have to pay with my Visa (which charges me a conversion fee) and its currently more expensive, even without the conversion/exchange factored in.

Budget pros = cheaper overall cost and billed in Canadian funds, can be paid now (so I can stop looking and driving myself crazy!!) and earns me air miles.
Cons = assigned a vehicle/no ability to choose, a bad past experience, no free second driver, and locked in on price once we book.

lol, this is not getting any easier :rolleyes1 .

Gina there is a 25 off Alamo costco coupon and a 30 off United Airlines coupon too (you could use instead of the visa one) and use the mastercard.
Hope that helps!

For Alamo, I think it said if you were an Insider you did not have an additional driver fee.

National - no additional driver fee.

Budget does not charge for additional driver if it is your spouse. This is copied directly from my confirmation:
All additional drivers must be at least 25 years of age. The fee for each additional driver is $13/day with a maximum charge of $65/rental. The following are exempt from the fee but must meet all other driver requirements: the renter's employer or fellow employee when on company business and renting under a corporate account; the renter's spouse or domestic partner; the companion driver of a renter with a disability who has completed the non-licensed renter form; for insurance replacement rentals, company employees or family members who are designated on the insurance policy.

I think Dollar charges $10 per day additional driver.

Gina there is a 25 off Alamo costco coupon and a 30 off United Airlines coupon too (you could use instead of the visa one) and use the mastercard.
Hope that helps!

That would be awesome! :thumbsup2

I know I wouldn't qualify for the Costco coupon, though (no membership...so I am dead in the water if they ask to see a card). As for the United Airlines coupon....do you need to show proof of arriving or departing MCO via a United flight in order to qualify? We are flying JetBlue.

And I don't suppose anyone has the United code handy, would they? :flower3:

That would be awesome! :thumbsup2

I know I wouldn't qualify for the Costco coupon, though (no membership...so I am dead in the water if they ask to see a card). As for the United Airlines coupon....do you need to show proof of arriving or departing MCO via a United flight in order to qualify? We are flying JetBlue.

And I don't suppose anyone has the United code handy, would they? :flower3:

First off, hello fellow Gina!! I do a double take every time I see one of your posts because my nick name by friends/family has been Gina-Bo-Bina since I can remember, LOL.

If it helps any, I have booked Costco deals/coupons multiple times and have never ever been asked to show my Costco card, but I do have one if need be. I suppose murphy's law would kick in if you didn't have one.

First off, hello fellow Gina!! I do a double take every time I see one of your posts because my nick name by friends/family has been Gina-Bo-Bina since I can remember, LOL.

If it helps any, I have booked Costco deals/coupons multiple times and have never ever been asked to show my Costco card, but I do have one if need be. I suppose murphy's law would kick in if you didn't have one.

I have been asked in the past for my costco card with Alamo. Its hit or miss. But I think the United one is just for being a member of their Frequesnt Flier program? I didnt look too close at it. Hope it helps!

Does anyone know if you use Priceline if they only use ONSITE agencies? We are renting from Tampa. I wanted to try it, but alas will be very upset if we end up with an offsite rental.

Yep, that's what I am worried about!!! ::yes::

lol, my username drives my son crazy :) . He thinks its very un-cool. Probably because every time he comments on it, I am forced to break out into song. "Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina, banana fana fo fina, fee fi mo mina, GINA!" :banana:

Okay, so maybe I see why it drives him nutty :scratchin :blush: .

I have been asked in the past for my costco card with Alamo. Its hit or miss. But I think the United one is just for being a member of their Frequesnt Flier program? I didnt look too close at it. Hope it helps!

Does anyone know if you use Priceline if they only use ONSITE agencies? We are renting from Tampa. I wanted to try it, but alas will be very upset if we end up with an offsite rental.

FWIW, I've used Priceline in 5-6 different airports and have never had to go off-property to get the car.

Still holding at $184.40 for standard/fullsize Alamo for 8/16-8/24 using Insiders and VISA $30. Have seen ZERO movement up or down in well over a week (same with Dollar and National) which seems really strange to me since we are getting close now and usually it gets pretty volatile by now.

Quoting myself, just rebooked same as above down to $171.28 on Alamo. First movement either way in 10 days. Hopefully it keeps going down...still high for me.

Rdivine, Priceline will tell you if you are guaranteed on- site. It lists it with the car rental company options.

conandrob240 said:
Rdivine, Priceline will tell you if you are guaranteed on- site. It lists it with the car rental company options.

Thank you! If I can't get alamo lower in the next few days I may go this route.

I just got an unbelievable rate with Hertz (FL rates) through BJ's for a minivan 8-10 to 8-19, $229 total. I have been searching for weeks for a friend. Hope this helps someone :)

OMG, 1 week mid August, Alamo just dropped for me from 146.61 to 101.61 for an economy using HHonors and the Visa coupon. I am officially happy now! Will I keep checking...of course...but this is a rate that I can certainly live with.

OMG, 1 week mid August, Alamo just dropped for me from 146.61 to 101.61 for an economy using HHonors and the Visa coupon. I am officially happy now! Will I keep checking...of course...but this is a rate that I can certainly live with.

can I have those codes please?

Hertz is now sitting at $299 (same price as my Alamo reservation). This is for a mid-size SUV (Alamo is for a standard), *but* I can pay with my mastercard (meaning no conversion fees) and Hertz will award me double True Blue points (toward free Jetblue flights).

Hertz discount code for Jetblue is 1790143 and coupon #182722 ($25 off).

I have a $66 credit with Jetblue Getaways after a recent drop in price for our vacation package. I wonder if I can book this vehicle through Jetblue at the same price and apply the credit? Hmm, might be worth a call to find out.

I just got a $231 rate for a standard size SUV 8/22-8/27 from Alamo using Entertainment book coupons.

So now I have:
Dollar midsize SUV - $229
National midsize SUV - $214 using KLM code
Alamo standard SUV - $231 using Entertainment book codes

Right now I am leaning towards Alamo I think.

Thanks for posting. I got my Alamo fullsize at Tampa for 8/15 to 8/24 down to 213. :cool1: Best price yet AND its my prefered rental company. If it doesnt go any lower, I will be OK with this!

Used insiders and 30 off visa code

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter