• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

august 2013 codes for rental cars?

I honestly have not seen the rates go anywhere but up.:badpc: I have a full size with Alamo for 4 days and my price is $117. I will not complain but I was hoping for under $100. Guess that will not happen. Got a rate of $87 through Dollar but that was only for 1 driver and a midsize car. We are 5 people plus luggage so really afraid to book anything smaller. Congrats to all that got great prices.:thumbsup2

I'm happy with 3 day Labor Day weekend rental of mid size for $63. I used Alsmo Insiders and $10 of weekend coupon.

That's a great rate! How did you get it? My dates are similar to yours but I got $88 for a mid size. I also used the Alamo Insiders and $10 off weekend coupon (through Visa).

What are your dates? Mine is 8/31 7pm MCO - 9/3 7pm Dolphin Hotel for $88 mid size.

The lowest rate I got (so far) was yesterday at the 18 day mark.....$270 for a full size for two weeks with Alamo using the Insiders discount and VISA code. Hang in there.

I hope you had a good day yesterday!:)

Had a great day thanks! Luau theme so I cooked a few recipes from `Ohana.:lovestruc My rate stayed the same as last night but will keep checking until we leave.

Hello out there,
I am trying to read all these pages, lol my mind is boggled by codes :confused:. We are going August 27 (noon) to September 2 (noon). All I can find is a smallest car (my husband and I are over 5'9'') and lowest price I got is $264, is this an alright price! Found this price on Alamo and seems to be the cheapest. popcorn::
Thanks Guys

That's a great rate! How did you get it? My dates are similar to yours but I got $88 for a mid size. I also used the Alamo Insiders and $10 off weekend coupon (through Visa).

What are your dates? Mine is 8/31 7pm MCO - 9/3 7pm Dolphin Hotel for $88 mid size.

My dates are 8/30 AM to 9/2 AM. I signed into insiders and went to their del page and clicked on the $10 off weekend. Total discount on ressie shows a total of $2?2.

If you made the reservation using the Insider's log in, the add.driver should be free. If you did not, it is going to charge you.
Remove the add. driver, if you can and wait till you get there and speak to someone at the counter, or call them and see if they can adjust it for you.

Thank you, I did call. Somehow I added myself twice and that is why it was charging me. They removed one of them and it is back where it was.

Hello out there,
I am trying to read all these pages, lol my mind is boggled by codes :confused:. We are going August 27 (noon) to September 2 (noon). All I can find is a smallest car (my husband and I are over 5'9'') and lowest price I got is $264, is this an alright price! Found this price on Alamo and seems to be the cheapest. popcorn::
Thanks Guys

Did you try Dollar? We're going 8/27-9/1. I got a full size through Dollar (using AAA code) for $138.

Hello out there,
Thanks Guys

Our dates are August 23rd to August 31st.

We have a midsize SUV with National for $245, and a full size car with Dollar for $167. I am guessing you will be able to improve your rate before your travel date, or at the very least get a much larger car for the price you are paying.

This thread is a great place to get some codes to try with the various companies. Our SUV reservation with National is using the KLM Flying Blue discount (Flying Blue is a free program that anyone can join). The Dollar reservation is with the "city special", which is a publicly available discount that you can access on their website. Dollar has some even better rates with the AAA discount, assuming the person whose name the reservation is in can produce a AAA membership card at pickup.

Well, I got my Thrifty rental down a tad tonight to 248 and my Alamo to 294 (both fullsize) at Tampa for 8/15 to 8/24.

Alamo was insiders with 30 visa

Thrifty was code 5c11m

Still wanting Alamo to go lower and based on checking other dates Im pretty sure it will (but last minute).

The hubby said he is willing to stand in line to save $50. Me, I still love Alamo and picking my own car and using the kiosk.

My dates are 8/30 AM to 9/2 AM. I signed into insiders and went to their del page and clicked on the $10 off weekend. Total discount on ressie shows a total of $2?2.

Thanks for letting me know! :thumbsup2 I tried that also (with my dates) but I'm getting $94. I'm guessing it has to do with my dates or pick up time or maybe cause I'm a Canadian resident.

P.S. I just wanted to say how awesome this thread is! I've learned so much from you guys. Thanks for all the tips and information and keep up the great work! :worship:

Hello out there,
Thanks Guys

You need to check a couple of times a day. For me, Alamo has bounced around. Some days there is absolutely no movement. Then one day, it will drop a bit. Then drop again that same day. And then bounce way back up.

Right now midnight between 7/28 and 7/29, for 8/27 Noon to 9/2 Noon, with the Alamo Insiders discount (nothing entered in the CID box) and the Visa $30 off coupon (AD2338FDF), I'm getting $251.43 for a *standard*. Which at Orlando Airport is the same as a Fullsize. Midsize is $250.88, Compact is $240.34, Economy is $229.80.)

Though lower than your $264, those are not very good prices. The weekly rate for the standard is $251.68. The weekly rate when I booked at the lowest low I've seen was $113.xx and my total for a 10-day from 8/3-8/12 was $179.xx.

So again, check at least daily. Watch this board - people will post when there's a big drop. Drops don't happen for all dates, though. Half the time I checked when people posted about drops, my dates had not dropped. But the other half - those posts helped me snag a rate that I am very happy with.

Good luck!

After looking for weeks and months, trying every code combination I finally booked a rental car. This is a DL trip, car rental out of LAX, arrive Sunday August 4th.

Had to use Priceline, and I tried PL over and over, to no avail for weeks and weeks. Today, I got a compact on Priceline, winning bid $18. Total with tax is about $196 or something, Aug 4-11.

This is the first time that I have rented a car and this thread has been a huge help! I have been scouring this thread and checking sites several times per day and the best that I could find for my dates (6 days mid August) was 125 thru the travelocity mystery pay us now/no cancellations deal which I was not comfortable with. I finally booked an economy thru Alamo for 146.61 which is roughly what assorted shuttles, cabs and tips would have come out to but I am keeping eyes finger and toes crossed for a better rate.

We just decided to rent a car to drive to Orlando. Guess I'd better get busy.

How wonderful for you as well!! Thank you neighbor! We welcomed our latest addition into our home at 4 months old and adoption was final a few days before he turned 3. :yay::cheer2:

Congradulations neighbor! We would do it all over again if we could. Priceless!!! :cheer2:

Good luck with your car rental pricing! We're heading to the Magic on the 10th. Can't wait! :cheer2:

I am officially 1 week from vacation...did my daily rate check and Alamo was sky HIGH (in my opinion). A standard, which is what I rented for 13 days at $240, is now quoted at $681 :crazy2:

This is by logging into Alamo Insiders and inputting a Visa code for $30 off.
The lowest quote was $582.49 for a Premium. I am now VERY HAPPY with my quote...and do not see it going any lower than what I already have.

So FYI for all you still in search of the best deal : I received the best quote 3 weeks from when I needed it. This is with Alamo, and was the same trend from last year.

I am officially 1 week from vacation...did my daily rate check and Alamo was sky HIGH (in my opinion). A standard, which is what I rented for 13 days at $240, is now quoted at $681 :crazy2:

This is by logging into Alamo Insiders and inputting a Visa code for $30 off.
The lowest quote was $582.49 for a Premium. I am now VERY HAPPY with my quote...and do not see it going any lower than what I already have.

So FYI for all you still in search of the best deal : I received the best quote 3 weeks from when I needed it. This is with Alamo, and was the same trend from last year.

I am 11 days out, and I got my best rate at 13 days out, but today they are up almost $350 from that rate!

For those of you with Costco memberships, check your rates frequently. The rate for my August rental has gone down by 55% in the past 3 weeks and today it went down another $5.00...at this point, Avis is going to be paying me to rent their car :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter