august 2013 codes for rental cars?

Check Alamo as they have some great rates today...11 days, August 18-29, standard car for $248

Thank you so much. I checked their website using just the Insider's code and got a full size for $326. 15 day rental, pick up early in the am on 8/23 and drop off late in the pm on 9/6. Best I've seen yet!

Thank you so much. I checked their website using just the Insider's code and got a full size for $326. 15 day rental, pick up early in the am on 8/23 and drop off late in the pm on 9/6. Best I've seen yet!

Check through the last few pages of this thread. There is a coupon code for visa and mastercard. Try whichever card you plan on using and your rate should drop some more. Also, you could book a standard at MCO and pick up a full size. They are mixed together at MCO.

We have a standard for $277 for 15 days. (Aug 31 at 2:30 to Sept 14 at 4:30).

Yes!!
There is a Visa code if you plan to pay with Visa and a Mastercard code for a free day if using mastercard. Also, the code a few posts above will save you $30. It's for United Airlines MilagePlus members but it's free to join and they give you a membership card to print right away. So you should be able to get that down. Also, as mentioned earlier, Alamo only has one row for fullsize and standard at MCO so if you book a Standard you'll still be picking from the same cars. That will save you a bit too:)

Yes!!
There is a Visa code if you plan to pay with Visa and a Mastercard code for a free day if using mastercard. Also, the code a few posts above will save you $30. It's for United Airlines MilagePlus members but it's free to join and they give you a membership card to print right away. So you should be able to get that down. Also, as mentioned earlier, Alamo only has one row for fullsize and standard at MCO so if you book a Standard you'll still be picking from the same cars. That will save you a bit too:)

Just to clarify - The visa code is for $30 off, too. (same as the United Airlines MilagePlus)
The coupons currently showing up on Alamo's site all expire at the end of July. Any guesses at when new coupons/discounts will be posted on their site? I'm sure someone will post them here, when/if they post new ones! :goodvibes

My dates are 8/15-8/27 with a pick up of 10:30 and drop off at 6:00 pm. My rates are sky high - I keep hoping they go down.:confused3

AS mentioned, KLM/Flying Blue does not list National as a rental partner.If the code that National lists for KLM is for something else; well then I'd be VERY careful about using a code that has premium benefits beyond the norm!

If you are not comfortable using the code, then don't use it. :rolleyes2

I have a KLM Flying Blue membership, complete with printed card and membership number.

I have a reservation with National using a code that is listed as the KLM Flying Blue discount.

Many, many folks here on the Disboards have indicated they used the code with no problems at MCO. In fact, I don't think there has been one report of NOT being able to use the code.

So unless I can find a better rate using another code (for which I qualify), then this one still allows me to sleep at night. YMMV. If you don't feel okay with using the offer, then feel free to reserve elsewhere.

Got my reservation down to $156 for Standard size car through Dollar 8/20 - 8/27. Code was 5C11M. You've all turned me OCD on getting the best rate.:crazy2: Checking every day atleast once with 48 days to go! I'll keep posting if I find better. So far just looking at Dollar, National and Alamo. I haven't tried Budget cause I hear they don't let you pick your own car.

My dates are 8/15-8/27 with a pick up of 10:30 and drop off at 6:00 pm. My rates are sky high - I keep hoping they go down.:confused3

try these

Budget X474200
National XZ53043
National KLM code (sign up for KLM frequent flyer) 8572130

try these

Budget X474200
National XZ53043
National KLM code (sign up for KLM frequent flyer) 8572130

KLM got me to $444 which is better. Budget was still $800+

I am a KLM member and did not know about this! So thanks! Last year I got an 11 day rental with National for $190. Looks so much higher across the board this year. I am wondering if I should ME it and pick up a rental the following week for the 2nd half of my trip...a lot cheaper!

A friend used a code from Honeywell - but is that a corporate code??

KLM got me to $444 which is better. Budget was still $800+

I am a KLM member and did not know about this! So thanks! Last year I got an 11 day rental with National for $190. Looks so much higher across the board this year. I am wondering if I should ME it and pick up a rental the following week for the 2nd half of my trip...a lot cheaper!

A friend used a code from Honeywell - but is that a corporate code??

round trip MCO for Aug 15 am pick up and Aug 27 pm drop off through dollar has some lower prices. Not sure what time of car you are looking for but check them out, do not put any codes then when the page with prices comes up click on city specials. Also try picking up once at WDW instead of the airport to see if that changes your prices at all even if it pickup the same day as you arrive

If you are not comfortable using the code, then don't use it. :rolleyes2

I have a KLM Flying Blue membership, complete with printed card and membership number.

I have a reservation with National using a code that is listed as the KLM Flying Blue discount.

Many, many folks here on the Disboards have indicated they used the code with no problems at MCO. In fact, I don't think there has been one report of NOT being able to use the code.

So unless I can find a better rate using another code (for which I qualify), then this one still allows me to sleep at night. YMMV. If you don't feel okay with using the offer, then feel free to reserve elsewhere.

Why are you getting so defensive?:confused3 I'm mearly stating facts of the research I've done myself on this code. Have YOU actually seen that code on ANY National ad or National's own web site? I've actually researched it and I've found NO indication that it's a code meant for the public domain. All I'm saying is be prepared for the worst-hope for the best when using that KLM code. Good luck!

Why are you getting so defensive?:confused3 I'm mearly stating facts of the research I've done myself on this code. Have YOU actually seen that code on ANY National ad or National's own web site? I've actually researched it and I've found NO indication that it's a code meant for the public domain. All I'm saying is be prepared for the worst-hope for the best when using that KLM code. Good luck!

I was not being defensive at all.....I was only listing the facts as I know them.

I am curious, though, as to why your only three posts have been to argue or dissuade people from using the KLM Flying Blue discount with National. Particularly when it sounds as if you haven't attempted to use the code yourself at any point.

I will reiterate again.....if you don't feel comfortable using the code, then don't use it. As of yet, you haven't been able to provide me with enough of your "research" to have me worried about using it myself.

I know.. tough call isn't it?!
We do fine in a fullsize. I know with Alamo they are mostly Impalas and the trunk is very roomy. I think you would be ok. Many times people say there are other things in the row when you go to choose as well. I know there was an Altima there last August but no SUVs or Minivans so that would just be luck of the draw.
If you plan on doing a ton of driving I'd probably stick with the roomier vehicle. My tallest kid is only 5 ft 6in so it's not as big of a deal for us.

Well, I bit the bullet and reserved a full-sized with Dollar (using CAA code TB7160) for $155 total for our 8-day rental. It was a $95 savings over our National reservation for an SUV.

I haven't cancelled National yet. Still deciding on what to do. We aren't planning on doing bucket loads of driving *but* we do have a beach day scheduled at Cocoa Beach and plan to do some touring around. I will release reservation #2 as soon as I come to some sort of conclusion. My guys are both big fellows....DH is 6' 4" and very broad. DS is 6' . I know they would be most comfortable in a bigger vehicle but $95 is $95 (actually, its more like $105 after exchange :rotfl:).

I was not being defensive at all.....I was only listing the facts as I know them.

I am curious, though, as to why your only three posts have been to argue or dissuade people from using the KLM Flying Blue discount with National. Particularly when it sounds as if you haven't attempted to use the code yourself at any point.

I will reiterate again.....if you don't feel comfortable using the code, then don't use it. As of yet, you haven't been able to provide me with enough of your "research" to have me worried about using it myself.

Stop fighting.....Mickie and Minnie are watching (lol).

FWIW, this code is mentioned on flyer talk - more often is referred to the "flying blue" than klm code and has been deemed "legit". But I agree, only use what you feel comfortable with.

Stop fighting.....Mickie and Minnie are watching (lol).

No fighting from me, Fenwar :flower3: . I just want to be sure that other people aren't put in a position of worrying over using a code that no one has demonstrated to be problematic this far. If anyone has proof that the code is not legitimate, then I most definitely encourage them to share their findings :) .

No fighting from me, Fenwar :flower3: . I just want to be sure that other people aren't put in a position of worrying over using a code that no one has demonstrated to be problematic this far. If anyone has proof that the code is not legitimate, then I most definitely encourage them to share their findings :) .

I searched and searched this morning and can't find one single instance of people saying they were refused with that code. I'm not saying it's impossible but there are hundreds of stories here, on flyertalk and other places where people had zero trouble with it. At multiple airports.
It's one thing to say "I don't feel comfortable using it and this is why". It's another thing entirely to keep saying it and worrying people in your only 3 posts, but have nothing to back it up. I am sure nobody wants to use a sketchy code but there is no evidence at this point that anyone has had any trouble with it all.

Now that being said.. it gives me a horrible rate so it's no good for me anyway:rotfl:

Gina, I think if you can't decide right now, hold on to both and it will become clearer to you at some point.
I had a similar issue. Dropping the car off at 6pm at MCO and taking the shuttle to the airport hotel for our last night was much cheaper. But I didn't really want to be tied to returning the car at 6 and having to leave Disney that early. I held on to a reservation from Dollar for the longer keep and an Alamo one with the 6pm drop off. Then someone posted a better coupon than I had been using and I was able to cancel both and book with Alamo until 10pm for the same price:cool1:

It will become clear to you at some point.:)

I'm so torn...stick with the minivan for $430-$450 or change to full-size for $200. If I knew I could get an Impala, I'd do it, that trunk is huge...the other trunks scare me though...

I'm so torn...stick with the minivan for $430-$450 or change to full-size for $200. If I knew I could get an Impala, I'd do it, that truck is huge...the other trunks scare me though...

Funny....I just heard that exact same comment from DH when we were discussing our SUV vs. full size reservations!!!

Funny....I just heard that exact same comment from DH when we were discussing our SUV vs. full size reservations!!!

There were so many Impalas in the Alamo row last summer I almost didn't have another choice Gina and Foxberry. There was one minivan we went right over to, and then were told we couldn't take it because the keys were locked in it:rolleyes1. There were 2 Nissan Altimas and about 20 Impalas. That was it. YMMV, but with Alamo your chances are pretty good. I am sitting at $181 with the Alamo Insiders discount and the UnitedMileage plus coupon (but the Visa coupon gives the same $30 off). My rental is 10 days so yours would be even lower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter