August 2012 Car Rental Thread

Thanks, i just tried it but no luck yet. I am going to keep trying everyday!

Have you tried the AMEX code (assuming you have an American Express card) and the $35 coupon? My rental rate is down to just $2 more than what I booked at last week....$117 for one week for a standard car, all taxes and fees included (August 26 - Sept 2).

For anyone that booked National with pickup at SOG, I called the rental desk direct to ask about the courtesy shuttle. They gave me the number for CCC and we will be able to get the shuttle to CCC and they will honor the rental there. We won't have to go to SOG.

I am taking a DCL cruise in Sept. 2012 and I am getting rates from enterprise as low as $35.00 but I am not sure about the return process for Enterprise? Does anyone have any info?

To better explain, I am renting a car from mco and will be dropping it off at port canaveral, it is a one day rental. My question is how is the drop off at enterprise? Do they have a shuttle or is a cab necessary? We will be staying at the Ron Jon resort on the night prior to the cruise. I plan on dropping my wife and daughter along with luggage at the terminal prior to returning the car. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

To better explain, I am renting a car from mco and will be dropping it off at port canaveral, it is a one day rental. My question is how is the drop off at enterprise? Do they have a shuttle or is a cab necessary? We will be staying at the Ron Jon resort on the night prior to the cruise. I plan on dropping my wife and daughter along with luggage at the terminal prior to returning the car. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

We did this last year but i dont think it was enterprise..may have been budget. I am pretty sure they all have shuttles that will take you to the port. We returned the car and then just took the shuttle with our luggage to the port and did the same thing after the cruise. We took the shuttle to the car place and drove to the airport and returned the car there..worked great. It was cheaper than the shuttle from the port all the way back to the airport.

WAY TO SAVE!
I currently have a reservation for a premium rental car 8/15-8/25 with Dollar. I check the rates almost every day to see if they went down. Earlier today I checked and the rate was about $450!!!
I just read a trick and tried it. The price for the rental came up as $253!!
The trick is to simply clear your cookies and browsing history before checking on the rate. This trick should work for lots of travel companies because they can tell if you've looked before!
Try it! I didn't get a better deal, but will keep on trying!

If using the costco code, do we only have to show costco card at the exit booth at MCO? Never used a code which was card specific.

Just want to put a shout out for those looking for a minivan or standard SUV.

The base rate is $225 for either one right now with BCD code X474200. Comes to $302 with taxes.

My Alamo rate for a full size hasn't changed for my dates (8/17-24) I might have hit rock bottom the day they were giving an additional for no reason that I could see. I'm at $118 with taxes for a full-size.

Just want to put a shout out for those looking for a minivan or standard SUV.

The base rate is $225 for either one right now with BCD code X474200. Comes to $302 with taxes.

My Alamo rate for a full size hasn't changed for my dates (8/17-24) I might have hit rock bottom the day they were giving an additional for no reason that I could see. I'm at $118 with taxes for a full-size.

Wow.. I am still at 190 or something (don't remember exactly) for a Standard size for 11 days. 118 is great. Hopefully mine will come down a tad more.

Reserved an Alamo std SUV @ CCC through for 6 nights for $175 total. Pretty sure that's a good rate, but the thing is I really only want it for 3 days and the price was too close not to take for the whole week :lmao: I had been trying so many combos of codes and w/wo membership I'm not sure which was the one I booked and now although I have my email confirming selection, location and price I have no breakdown on it and really want to see what is/isn't included.

Still dying to find one of those under $20/day deals for 4 days, I don't need it, but am willing to keep the car over a saturday night if it will get me a better rate.

Which coupon are you using from here? Thanks!

The 10% costco code for Minivan SUV or something else. Not the 10 day one. But you have to have a costco card number to get the pricing.
The rate was better this morning then it is now, 50.00 difference for my dates

The 10% costco code for Minivan SUV or something else. Not the 10 day one. But you have to have a costco card number to get the pricing.
The rate was better this morning then it is now, 50.00 difference for my dates

Ok. thanks. I'm holding at 333.00 all taxes and fess and additional driver included with amex code and aa code.

At least I can live with that. :thumbsup2

I'm considering bidding really low for name you own price price line.

Well, I'm about a week out from my trip (leave 8/4) and Dollar's city special is still the best deal ($222 for 11 days, including all taxes/fees).

I tried a cheap priceline rate last night ($9/day for compact, with taxes/fees brought it to $195) and it was rejected.

I'll keep trying, but it looks like Dollar is going to be the best deal.

I have to say that the rates are stressing me out. I was really hoping to spend around $500 for my minivan for 2 weeks not over $700.

I just rechecked with Alamo and with the Costco rate and coupon, I'm down to $638. check your rates.

I have to say that the rates are stressing me out. I was really hoping to spend around $500 for my minivan for 2 weeks not over $700.

I just rechecked with Alamo and with the Costco rate and coupon, I'm down to $638. check your rates.

Have you checked the City Special with Dollar? They had some great mini van rates last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter