August 17, 2013 - A Fantasy Cruise to Paradise

Hi everyone -

I thought I was on top of our FE list, but I completely missed the split into two groups. I just happened upon a comment over on the facebook page referencing two lists. :scratchin

As it happens, I have already made enough gifts for all the cabins on both lists because I was working from the list posted on the first page of this thread. So...I will be distributing to participants on both lists. I know it's late to add ourselves to the group B list, so if the group B folks do not want to reciprocate (we are listed as the DVCNuts cabins on group A and the master list) that is perfectly cool with us. I'm excited to share our gifts, it would make me sad to leave some of them behind.

By the way, 'round about page 40 people were speculating on gender of Jamie and Ray. Those who voted adult male win...which I think was everyone. :thumbsup2

Laura

is that all three DVCNUTS? Im in group B but would love to add you. i noticed there are 3 DVCnuts on list A. Please let us know. Thanks.

I am still trying to get in touch with Cakiesmom to find out what time they want. This may open up a spot in one of the groups as some changes have happened. I will post more when I have an updated list.

is that all three DVCNUTS? Im in group B but would love to add you. i noticed there are 3 DVCnuts on list A. Please let us know. Thanks.

Yep that's us! 3 cabins in our group. I have a gift to share from each of our cabins.

Laura

:wizard::yay:Thanks to all who are helping to build the magic:). We'd would prefer the 4-5 mixology group but it really does not matter so we can be flexible. We have early dinner seating.

Sorry for the delay. We were in Maine-- in Baxter state park camping and fishing. . Great views, great canoeing, lots of bugs but no Internet and no cell service until we came off of the mountain. I hope we did not hinder the assignments.

Excited about the FE list. Can't wait to see the creativity.

BTW- for the door- I could be mistaken but I thought we used a hotel key card last time and it worked. As rob travels weekly, we have extras so we can bring some to the get together:yay:

We have never been on a cruise before (and I am VERY new to "threads"). The girls decided on a Disney Cruise. We will be on the Aug. 17, 2013 sail. Looking forward to it but worried that we won't know what we're doing! Want to do some shore things but don't want to miss ship's movement. Are there plenty of things to keep everyone entertained? Anyway, here's our info:

Dad
Mom
- Celebrating 25 year ann on the cruise
older daughter (will be turning 16 on the cruise)
younger daughter (will be turning 12 on the cruise)

Happy to be on the thread and looking forward to the fun! <30 days

PS ... What is FE ?

We have never been on a cruise before (and I am VERY new to "threads"). The girls decided on a Disney Cruise. We will be on the Aug. 17, 2013 sail. Looking forward to it but worried that we won't know what we're doing! Want to do some shore things but don't want to miss ship's movement. Are there plenty of things to keep everyone entertained? Anyway, here's our info:

Dad
Mom
- Celebrating 25 year ann on the cruise
older daughter (will be turning 16 on the cruise)
younger daughter (will be turning 12 on the cruise)

Happy to be on the thread and looking forward to the fun! <30 days

PS ... What is FE ?

Welcome aboard, my girls are 14 & 16. You will love the cruise, we did our 1st cruise as a 3 day one over 10 years ago and have never looked back :cheer2:

We are having a meet up on the 1st day - Plan to join the DISmeet, August 17, 3:15 pm in the Bon Voyage lounge adjacent to the atrium on Deck 3 - a lovely lady Jenn Keever is organising it & she's bringing name tags :cool1:

There is so much to do the cruise and the 'kids clubs' are awesome. The shows are amazing do not miss them popcorn:: the staff are fantastic, food is brilliant and the Pirates in the Caribbean party is spectacular pirate:

FE stands for Fish Extender. You hang personalised pockets outside your cabin on your fish, which is used for letters (hence Fish Extender) and fellow cruisers from your list, leave a small gift, homemade, personal etc item and in return you leave a gift. Unfortunately our list closed end of June. This is our 1st year doing a FE so not sure how it will go :confused3 but we are bringing some extra goodies :santa:

Have you found the Facebook page - Disney Fantasy 8/17/2013

The Port adventures are wonderful and Castaway Cay is lovely :cloud9:

Look forward to meeting you soon

Some news from the Fantasy last Friday. This is part of a log from the geocache on CC:
"We woke up to discover that we were heading into port in Nassau due to a medical emergency. This delay allowed us to be present for a couple of firsts for the Disney Fantasy. Due to the urgency the ship turned on all five engines and went top speed for the first time, which made the engineering crew happy as all worked well. The second first was that as we were in port the Fantasy's sister ship the Dream was headed into Nassau as well, this would be the first time the two ships were in port together and it made for a great party on both ships.

We pulled into Castaway Cay about 4 hours late ...."

Greets from Germany

Michaela

My sweet 11year old DD is torn about something. One the one hand, she still likes dressing up and is thinking she might like to wear a princess costume on the ship. The last time we sailed with DCL she was 3 1/2 and remembers what fun she had dressing up. On the other hand she realizes that she is getting too old to do that and she is very tall (with braces on her teeth) so she looks more like 13. She doesn't want to miss out on the fun and also doesn't want to feel silly. Can any of you with tween girls tell me if they are dressing-up like a princess, Minnie or Tink while on board? And if so, when during the cruise that typically happens? Thanks!

If there is anybody (adults) on FE list B who may not enjoy a treat involving alcoholic beverages, please PM or let me know. I wouldnt want to insult anybody. Thanks!

How nice that your DD still wants to dress up! Our DD is 12 turning 13 last day of cruise. I want to get somewhat dressed for night and she was ok with that but by no means wanted to go overboard. Lol! But she's the type of kid that wouldn't think your kid childish for doing so. To each his own!

My sweet 11year old DD is torn about something. One the one hand, she still likes dressing up and is thinking she might like to wear a princess costume on the ship. The last time we sailed with DCL she was 3 1/2 and remembers what fun she had dressing up. On the other hand she realizes that she is getting too old to do that and she is very tall (with braces on her teeth) so she looks more like 13. She doesn't want to miss out on the fun and also doesn't want to feel silly. Can any of you with tween girls tell me if they are dressing-up like a princess, Minnie or Tink while on board? And if so, when during the cruise that typically happens? Thanks!

My girls are 14 & 16 and really wanted to go to the Bippity Boppity Boutique and are disappointed to find its not for their age group. They are dressing up for pirates night though. They do have an Alice & Snow White costume but were unsure wether to dress up as being that bit older again :worried: The dresses are short versions as well.

I understand her concerns, your daughter should take her dress and once on board and met her new friends decide then, at least she'll have it to hand :cool1:

I am still trying to get in touch with Cakiesmom to find out what time they want. This may open up a spot in one of the groups as some changes have happened. I will post more when I have an updated list.

Hello.
Sorry I can't PM you back. Our room number 6172. Thanks so much.
Minnie.Fan

DD12 and DD16 feel they are "Too OLD" to dress up in costume. I asked them when else they could be in character for a few nights (they both have parts in ALL the school plays). Wife and I plan on getting loose on pirate night!

This is my first cruise that I won't have to work. Spent months at sea (over 6 years) and my only fun was tanning on "steel beach" with 530 other guys for months on end.

Does anyone know of a way to get a clandestine tour of the ER or get in good with the skipper and get a bridge tour? That would be a GAS !!:hyper:

DD12 and DD16 feel they are "Too OLD" to dress up in costume. I asked them when else they could be in character for a few nights (they both have parts in ALL the school plays). Wife and I plan on getting loose on pirate night!

Our DD14 & DD16 are both dressing up for the Pirates night, I have also 'splashed' out on a Pirate costume. DH has Pirate Stewie t-shirt and Pirate accessories. On the Pirates in the Caribbean night Disney do give out pirate bandana's in the restaurants:cool1:

Look forward to meeting you pirate:pirate:pirate:pirate:

gosshaus said:
My sweet 11year old DD is torn about something. One the one hand, she still likes dressing up and is thinking she might like to wear a princess costume on the ship. The last time we sailed with DCL she was 3 1/2 and remembers what fun she had dressing up. On the other hand she realizes that she is getting too old to do that and she is very tall (with braces on her teeth) so she looks more like 13. She doesn't want to miss out on the fun and also doesn't want to feel silly. Can any of you with tween girls tell me if they are dressing-up like a princess, Minnie or Tink while on board? And if so, when during the cruise that typically happens? Thanks![/QUOTE
]
this is straight from my daughter....

l am 11 turning 12 in august and I think that it is always a good thing to dress up. it shows your presonality. I think the best time to dress up is either to formal night or to do a picture. it is alwalyes great to have a picturr of u as a princess... all childeren should be like you. sill willing to make good memores ...

i will add to that by saying dressing for formal night is fun and after the show switch out into regular clothes and hit the edge..... have fun... hope to meet u guys soon....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter