August 17, 2013 - A Fantasy Cruise to Paradise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by shmoogrrrl, Jan 30, 2012.

1. jprod30

jprod30 Texas Mousketeer

Woobie - I sent you our info through PM. Let me know if you didn't get it. Thanks!

Julie
    jprod30 (cabin 8608)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. gosshaus

gosshaus ***

YOU ROCK! These deck lists are fabulous! Thank you! (And Yes! You are most definitely apart of the chart-crazy, list-maker, binder-loving, organizational club! :) )

4. 1stdiscruise

1stdiscruise Earning My Ears

Dizneeat, thanks for the deck lists, WOW! I do appreciate how much time and effort you have put into this.

I wanted to share with you all my small world story: As I was looking at the FE list, I noticed that mkmouse25's friends had the same names as the family of a high school friend with whom I had lost touch for several years. Because of your FE list, I have now reconnected with her! Our families plan to get together soon, and we are thrilled that not only will we be together on the cruise, we're even on the same deck!

5. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

I am glad the list is helpful to you! Thanks! :goodvibes

Thank you!
    Working with 14/15 year olds I take your niece's praise as a HUGE compliment. :thumbsup2

Michaela, this list is for FE participants only. Not everyone reads the chit chat on here and it would be really confusing if we just added random non participants to the list. ;)

6. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

What we have done with upgrades is that the one who receives an upgrade will drop a short note into the FE of everyone in his/her group OR and that is my preferred method, just call the staterooms from your in room phone/wave phone and leave a message. In the 10 cruises we have had we only had 2 people being upgraded, so this is just a back up for me. ;)

So, you have blown the surprise? ;) :lmao:
    But even if it isn't a surprise everyone will LOVE being on the ship. :thumbsup2

Unfortunately sign up for the FE was closed June 30th.

Glad you like the list! :goodvibes

I guess when it comes to lists, the teacher in me gets the better of me. :rotfl2:
    Can't wait for the DISmeet!

7. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

I am glad you like the lists - and that they might be helpful.
    And THANK YOU for letting me join your club! :lmao:

Great to know that you like the lists as well.
    I just LOVE your small world story! How fun to find long lost friends that way. :goodvibes

8. indans123

indans123 Disney Divas ;)

Hi Michaela, do come along to the DISmeet on boarding day. It's at 3:15 pm in the Bon Voyage lounge adjacent to the atrium on Deck 3. We can all meet and make friends then :yay::yay::yay:

Looking forward to meeting you & everyone :wave2:

Laura

9. Zwerch

Zwerch Earning My Ears

We will be there !

Has anyone booked some port adventures ?!

We habe booked on Grand Cayman the "Stingray City Snorkel Tour" and in Cozumel "Tulum Ruins".

It would be funny to do it together !

Greets

Michaela

10. indans123

We have booked the Dune Buggy and Beach Snorkel Combo for Cozumel and the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins at Costa Maya. We are going to Tiki beach at Grand Cayman but making our own way there. Can't wait to be there :beach:

11. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

Boy, do I need this vacation. :rotfl2:
    I was just looking up our excursions and got totally stressed, because the ones I found were so totally different. Until I realized ....... I was looking up the wrong cruise. :lmao: :lmao:

Okay, so here ARE our excursions:
    Grand Cayman: Grand Cayman Island Tour
    Costa Maya: Chacchoben Mayan Ruins - Adult Only Departure
    Cozumel: Cozumel Highlights and Mayan Ruins

Yikes, we are going to look at a lot of ruins. Oh well, I am old myself, so it kind of fits. :rotfl2:

12. aprilchem

aprilchem DIS Veteran

We are doing the ruins tour in Cozumel and my DH, DS7, and DS6 are doing a dolphin encounter in Grand Cayman while DD3 and I stay on the boat. She has an appointment for Bippity Boppity Boo salon during the dolphin encounter. Fun!

13. indans123

How wonderful, my girls so want to go to the Bippity Boppity Boo Boutique and be made into princess's but are to old :(

14. garytam

garytam Mouseketeer

This is what we have planned

Grand Cayman : Native Way Stingray City
    Costa Maya : DCL Segway tour
    Cozumel : Chocolate factory tour

15. Woobie

Woobie DIS Veteran

Just a tiny vent... we are traveling with friends of ours. It is their first DCL. If I have to listen to them complain one more time about the dress code for dinners, I'm going to snap. Suck it up and throw on a pair of pants. What's the big deal about looking nice? :confused3

16. linkandclover

linkandclover Mouseketeer

I love dressing up so I can't understand people who complain ( I am still tring to decide what dresses not to bring). My rule with my kids is that they at least wear a pair of jeans and shirt to dinner on regular nights and at least a collared shirt on more formal ones. Will your friends dress for pirate night at least?

17. bracefacemom

bracefacemom Earning My Ears

Never too old to be a princess!!! Didn't know there was an age limit!!! My daughter ( turning 13 on cruise) thinks I will make an appointment for her!
    We are sailing/snorkeling in grand cayman and swimming with the dolphins in Cozumel.
    This is our first cruise. Looking forward to a great time. DD can't wait to meet other kids and go to edge.

18. bracefacemom

bracefacemom Earning My Ears

Finally got dh to agree to dressing up for dinner! Yippee!!! Looking forward to dress shopping!!!

19. indans123

Don't get me started......we did our 1st Disney Cruise over 10 years ago and were amazed at how wonderful everyone looked. Now I am saddened/annoyed that some guest turn up at the restaurants in the evening in beach wear whilst rest of us are in our evening finery and Disney don't bat an eyelid :furious:

I see the DCL as top of the cruises, so magical pixiedust: (sorry, really wanted to use the magic icon :blush: ) Disney do lay on the Cabana's, Topsider buffets & burger/pizza bars so beach wear should be strictly restricted to there and leave us super fabulous people to dress up and party :banana: in the restaurants :lovestruc

20. linkandclover

linkandclover Mouseketeer

Just heard from Disney about the Mixology group. It will be on the second sea day, August 22, at the Skyline lounge. They are going to break us in to 2 groups because there are so many of us. This means everyone gets to choose what time slot they want (I wish I was more organized for this). Anyone who has signed up or wants to sign up let me know if you want the 2-3 slot or the 4-5 slot.

21. bugsmama

bugsmama Earning My Ears

That warms my heart 1stdiscruise - how fun for you!

Linkandclover - we'd like to be in the 2 to 3pm group if possible.

Zwerch - We've gone a little adventure crazy. . .
    Grand Cayman = Shipwreck Snuba
    Costa Maya = Chaccohoben Mayan Ruins (this is at the request of our newly minted 9 year old - I plan to wither of heatstroke.)
    Cozumel = Secret River and Playa Del Carmen

I'm going to have to power relax on sea days to make up for all this!

(I also see that my quote skills are not up to disneeats level. darn it!)