August 17, 2013 - A Fantasy Cruise to Paradise

Just heard from Disney about the Mixology group. It will be on the second sea day, August 22, at the Skyline lounge. They are going to break us in to 2 groups because there are so many of us. This means everyone gets to choose what time slot they want (I wish I was more organized for this). Anyone who has signed up or wants to sign up let me know if you want the 2-3 slot or the 4-5 slot.

Hello -
This is so exciting. Can we please be added to the 2-3pm time slot for the Mixology Seminar. Names are Danielle & Allen. Please let me know what else is needed to sign up.

Thanks so much.
Minnie.fan

Hello -
This is so exciting. Can we please be added to the 2-3pm time slot for the Mixology Seminar. Names are Danielle & Allen. Please let me know what else is needed to sign up.

Thanks so much.
Minnie.fan

I just realized that I re-opened the group without thinking there may be a lot of people interested in joining. The best thing that I can do if you are new and wanting to be added is, since I only have a few spots as Disney wants to keep the groups smaller for a better experience, I will give preference to those that signed up at the start re: times and then fill in where there is room.

Just heard from Disney about the Mixology group. It will be on the second sea day, August 22, at the Skyline lounge. They are going to break us in to 2 groups because there are so many of us. This means everyone gets to choose what time slot they want (I wish I was more organized for this). Anyone who has signed up or wants to sign up let me know if you want the 2-3 slot or the 4-5 slot.

We would like to sign up if there are slots available. It will be 2 of us.

Thanks

I posted a response on Facebook, but just in case, my husband (Frank) and I (Julie) will take the 4 - 5 p.m. slot.

Thanks for putting this together!

Julie

We would like the 4-5 time please. Will and Tanya Ikier & Chris and Val Giogas. Thanks!!!

linkandclover said:

we have brunch reservations at palo. so we would like the 4 - 5pm slot ... so excited - we havent done a mixology class before

The 4-5 mixology group is filled. I will have to put you (Cakiesmom and Keever) at 2. I will check with Disney to see if I can add more people.

Hi Linkandclover, do you need anything else from us to join the 2-3 p.m.? We really appreciate you organizing these events!
-Christine and Rob

What is a "Mixology Group" ?

Greets

Michaela

The Mixology event is an alcoholic beverage class. Normally, you must be onboard the ship before being able to register for the class. These classes are very popular and fill-up quickly. We were fortunate to have Debby and Kevin offer to make private arrangements with DCL so we could sign-up for a class prior to boarding. There is a fee for the 1-hr class of around $15 per person. See this link for better description: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013/03/mixology-on-the-disney-fantasy/

The Mixology event is an alcoholic beverage class. Normally, you must be onboard the ship before being able to register for the class. These classes are very popular and fill-up quickly. We were fortunate to have Debby and Kevin offer to make private arrangements with DCL so we could sign-up for a class prior to boarding. There is a fee for the 1-hr class of around $15 per person. See this link for better description: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013/03/mixology-on-the-disney-fantasy/

Oh thank you, now I understand !

But I'm more interested in the Galley-Tour. I love cooking and eating !
Greets
Michaela

Hi FE-ers!
Seeing as there is only one card-slot for turning the lights on in a stateroom, and having more than one would not be especially useful, I thought I'd go ahead and ask if any of our FE group is already planning on making "light cards" with a magnet on the back? If so, could you reply here or PM me and let me know if you are on list A, B or doing both (as I am). If someone already has this idea covered, I will hold-off on ordering supplies.
Thanks! :wave2:
Maggie

Great idea. I am not doing this.

Just FYI... If you decide not to do it, you can request another key from guest services. They will code it for the room entry only, no charging. Last time we cruised, our boys had their own cabin, but the way it was configured on paper was different (they had one boy in each cabin with one parent). I went to guest services so one boy could get a card to his room. He ended up having 2 cards - one for charging/getting into our room, and one for getting into his room only. Not sure how they handle it/if they do it if you have only one cabin, but might be worth asking.

Hi FE-ers!
Seeing as there is only one card-slot for turning the lights on in a stateroom, and having more than one would not be especially useful, I thought I'd go ahead and ask if any of our FE group is already planning on making "light cards" with a magnet on the back? If so, could you reply here or PM me and let me know if you are on list A, B or doing both (as I am). If someone already has this idea covered, I will hold-off on ordering supplies.
Thanks! :wave2:
Maggie

Hi again, I am just going to post this every few days or so- just to be sure everyone sees it. Plan to join the DISmeet, August 17, 3:15 pm in the Bon Voyage lounge adjacent to the atrium on Deck 3. I will bring name tags. Bring the whole family! L

Hi everyone -

I thought I was on top of our FE list, but I completely missed the split into two groups. I just happened upon a comment over on the facebook page referencing two lists. :scratchin

As it happens, I have already made enough gifts for all the cabins on both lists because I was working from the list posted on the first page of this thread. So...I will be distributing to participants on both lists. I know it's late to add ourselves to the group B list, so if the group B folks do not want to reciprocate (we are listed as the DVCNuts cabins on group A and the master list) that is perfectly cool with us. I'm excited to share our gifts, it would make me sad to leave some of them behind.

By the way, 'round about page 40 people were speculating on gender of Jamie and Ray. Those who voted adult male win...which I think was everyone. :thumbsup2

Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter