• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 15th on the DREAM- 3nighter- 3.5 months out and NOBODY?!?!?

knan74

Kristin
Heyyylo! I'm shocked that this is literally one of the very few dates without anyone at all on board-literally :) Are we spending our honeymoon on an empty ship? LOL.

My name is Kristin. I'll be 28 at the time of cruising with my fiance of the same age (literally born 3 days apart in the same hospital) named David. We are getting married August 10th and then getting on the August 11th four night on the Dream and then staying on for a BTB (and doing this leg in Concierge!) I think we are going to try to upgrade to a higher level Concierge when we board. Any estimates on what the upgrade fee might be? According to the website, there are still 1 bedrooms and at least one royal suite available still. After disembarking, we are going to the World for 7 days. Perfect honeymoon! Surely someone is out there :) Come on out!

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :cool1:

Have a great cruise!

Anyone else going? We just booked this for an anniversary cruise! It will be our first cruise.

Just booked this morning with a DVC discount. Celebrating my birthday & our 30th anniversary. :cool1:

We just booked this cruise a few days ago.

My DD14 would love to meet up with some other teens on this cruise. Any families with teens out there?

I have 16 year old son as well.

Wow, I just booked today and am shocked at how little action there is on this board!

I am booked for Thanksgiving 2014 on the Fantasy and we are already at 4 pages of posts...

Any interest in a (very small, lol) FE?

We are mom and kids (boy 8, girl 11). Dad has to work, so we are on our own for this vacation. :( But, I guess we'll make the best of it...:cool1:

Hi all. We just booked this cruise as second one will be on board
8/11/13. Hope weather is good. Does not seem possible
To be excited after 45 Disney cruises, but we are.
See all on board.

Don-Gail. Room. 10000

12. Wonder
14. Magic
16. Dream
03. Fantasy

Hi all. We just booked this cruise as second one will be on board
8/11/13. Hope weather is good. Does not seem possible
To be excited after 45 Disney cruises, but we are.
See all on board.

Don-Gail. Room. 10000

12. Wonder
14. Magic
16. Dream
03. Fantasy

45 cruises!!! That's amazing!!

So who wants to meet up the first day and maybe plan some activities?

This is probably my 6th cruise on DCL, first on the Dream, and I just booked it today with DVC promo discount. I have never seen such a quiet board for a cruise! I guess that is why they gave us a discount. Looking forward to a nice short cruise and then a few days at WDW. This trip is totally spur of the moment and I can't wait! I guess we don't have to worry about the door gift exchanges! It will be just me and DH for a much needed rest. Praying for good weather as our plans include sitting by the pool and hanging out on the verandah at our room. Unlikely we will get off at Nassau, been there, done that and not sure about Castaway Cay.

Mary
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I want to make sure that despite the small turnout on the cruise list that your kids are taken care of for the FE. What is your cabin number?

Mary

I want to make sure that despite the small turnout on the cruise list that your kids are taken care of for the FE. What is your cabin number?

Mary

Hi Mary,

Thanks so much. We don't have a room number yet since we booked the Verandah room under the special price. I guess we don't get assigned until we get there? I'm not sure. Even though we don't seem to have an FE group for this cruise, my door will be decorated and our FE will be out (although I will explain to my kids that they shouldn't expect anything). We just don't feel like it's a Disney cruise unless our stuff is decorated :) Maybe there will be a few of us that decorate. I will probably bring some small things for my kids myself and put them in the FE just to keep them excited.

-Sharon

Hi Mary,

Thanks so much. We don't have a room number yet since we booked the Verandah room under the special price. I guess we don't get assigned until we get there? I'm not sure. Even though we don't seem to have an FE group for this cruise, my door will be decorated and our FE will be out (although I will explain to my kids that they shouldn't expect anything). We just don't feel like it's a Disney cruise unless our stuff is decorated :) Maybe there will be a few of us that decorate. I will probably bring some small things for my kids myself and put them in the FE just to keep them excited.

-Sharon

Mary and Sharon,

My family will participate in the FE. We too booked the Verandah Guarantee, they say we should find out our room about 10 days before sailing. So let's go ahead and plan one!

Colleen

Hi guys. We booked a last minute trip on this cruise too. This is our first Disney Cruise. We would love to participate in a FE group. I figured we were way too late to get in on one. It's me DH, and DD(7).

Since we are first timers, I am not experienced at the FE, but I've read a little about it and I think it would add that little something extra special.

We are booked Guaranteed Ocean View Verandah. I haven't seen a cabin number assigned yet.

There is a group on facebook called Disney Dream August 15-18, 2013 that has opened up the FE list until this coming Saturday. It is under "Files" on the group site. Just put your cabin number, names and ages of those in the cabin! If you don't know your cabin number, just add it when you get it, but still get your names on the list along with kids ages so we can go ahead and start shopping!

For those that haven't done the FE before, even as an adult, I think it adds extra fun to the cruise. In the past, people have given candy, stickers, and one military family gave pens, a patch from his group and camouflage wallets for our boys. This was several years ago and they boys still use those wallets! The adults received mini liquor bottles, key rings and stuff like that! People can be so creative. I know I am looking forward to it! :)

:cheer2::cheer2:

I've made a request to join the group on Facebook. Thanks Mary for the tip. Hopefully the admin there will approve me soon so I can get things going! I'm glad there are so many of you willing to play along this late in the game. pixiedust:

Hi everyone! I have been looking for the page forever This is our first disney cruise but I really want to participate in the fish extender! How do I go about doing this?

Hi everyone! I have been looking for the page forever This is our first disney cruise but I really want to participate in the fish extender! How do I go about doing this?

See the 3rd post on the first page. There is a Facebook page. Hurry on over because they are closing out the FE group on Saturday.
Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter