August 15, 2016: Wonder to Alaska!

Our booking for this cruise was just paid in full... definitely significantly more (at least 2x more expensive for similar room types) than any other Disney cruise we have done before. We have had this booked since the day the 2016 itineraries were released and can't believe we are down to only 139 more days! It can't get here soon enough :jumping1:

We always try to keep Birthday Surprises a surprise from each other up until the very last minute, but I finally told DH about the cruise! Well... he did some "detective work" aka snooping and pretty much figured it out, so I had to tell him!

Now that PIF is coming up, the cruise is starting to feel "real"!!

We're SO excited!! :Pinkbounc:jumping3:

Hi there!

I totally know what you mean, it's time to decide on excursions and get ready to hit the trigger as soon as we can check in!

As soon as the PIF date passes, I'll contact everyone who let me know they were interested in the FE and see who's left. Then I'll get everyone's exact info and pass it on to the groups. I know with expensive cruises like this there are often many changes, so hopefully we'll have the most solid participants this way...

So, Where are we at with our FE? I know we can't do external links anymore so I"m not sure how we all get the details on who we are giving to anymore. Just keep me posted! Now that PIF is coming up, the cruise is starting to feel "real"!!

Let's use this thread to discuss our amazing trip of a lifetime, join FE groups if desired, and share our excitement as the date grows nearer :flower1:

FE LIST

kuhltiffany
Melissa Gates x 3 cabins
Csel
micandkay
labdogs42
Davebuck
time for travel
MarleneP
DisneyLessy x 2 cabins
Caloucon
Vivien Anthony
Toy5tory

FE participants will be put into groups of 11 (so you give to 10 cabins) after the PIF (pay in full) date. Room numbers will be provided to group members only when finalized. You are welcome to join more than one group if you like!

There is a closed facebook group "Disney Wonder August 15-22, 2016" that you can ask to join. They are also organizing FE groups.

There is a closed facebook group "Disney Wonder August 15-22, 2016" that you can ask to join. They are also organizing FE groups.

I have asked to join this group......I am not an avid Facebook user and do not have "friends" so they will not accepted my request. I hope everyone that is on here still will do the FE.....I'm really looking forward to it! Thank you kuhltiffany for organizing!

Are you on this cruise as well? I don't usually participate in fb groups, but I may just join for more information and any discussion. Some people may not use Facebook like the PP and there seems to be a good FE group going on here already.

We're the same. My husband is also turning 40 this year and this trip is to celebrate!

Hi there! :wave: My Husband and I from Southern California, Disneyland Annual Passholders and love all things Disney. ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo This will be our first time on a cruise, let alone a Disney Cruise. DH doesn't know yet. He has always wanted to go to Alaska and I decided to book this trip as a surprise for his upcoming 40th Birthday... DH surprised me with a trip to Hawaii and we stayed at Aulani for mine. I'm usually a lurker on discussion boards, but I joined to gather more information and to ask occasional questions/get advice from the "Disney Cruise Pros" around here. We will be staying in Stateroom 6134. Please add us to the Fish Extender list. Can't wait to sail! :boat:

With the PIF date right around the corner, has anyone decided on excursions? I plan to book through Disney. I know a lot of people use private companies but I am always so afraid of a mishap and I know Disney will have me covered! Anyway, I have picked a couple of excursions from each port that I am considering (of course my DH has to agree). Skagway: Eagle preserve wilderness river adventure (SW41) or Ocean raft nature adventure (SW52). Juneau: Alaska whales and science adventure (JU33) or Alaska whales & glaciers photo safari. Ketchikan: Mt. Point snorkeling (KE22).....this one we already decided is the must do! Anyone that has done any of these, I would love to hear what your thoughts are!

The Mountain Point Snorkelling in Ketchikan was awesome when we went in 2011 - definitely a must do if you've never been - such a unique experience! I am not a person who likes the cold, but the wet suits you wear are very thick and I really didn't feel cold until the last 10-15 minutes. The whole tone of the excursion was very upbeat and everyone had a great time. For the whale watching, if you have kids, I've heard that the science adventure one is a little more fun and interactive for them - we took the photo safari and the kids got bored fairly quickly even with all the whales. Sorry I can't help with the ones in Skagway!

Any

Ok, Time to finalize the Fish extender lists! Please let me know if you are still wanting to participate. I have sent messages to those I could but some do not have enough posts to receive them yet.

Could not contact:
Melissa Gates
Csel
DisneyLessy
Caloucon
Toy5tory

Last edited:
Due to some very involved surgery coming up soon we have decided to cancel our August Alaska trip. We hope to be able to go next year.

I plan to book through Disney. I know a lot of people use private companies but I am always so afraid of a mishap and I know Disney will have me covered.

Yes! I feel the same way. I usually plan our vacations myself to the very last detail, and although it may be cheaper to go through the private companies, we will book our excursions through Disney because I know it will be done right.

DH and I want to go on the All Aboard Steam Train or the White Pass Scenic Railway in Skagway. We're still undecided about Ketchikan & Juneau. We'd would like some more feedback from others who have cruised to Alaska before & have been on different excursions. We're most interested in sightseeing & nature. Also, if anyone knows of anything else we shouldn't miss while we are docked at the different ports, your opinion would be appreciated!

Ok, Time to finalize the Fish extender lists! Please let me know if you are still wanting to participate. I have sent messages to those I could but some do not have enough posts to receive them yet.

Could not contact:
Melissa Gates
Csel
DisneyLessy
Caloucon
Toy5tory

We are PIF!!! Both cabins.

With the PIF date right around the corner, has anyone decided on excursions? I plan to book through Disney. I know a lot of people use private companies but I am always so afraid of a mishap and I know Disney will have me covered! Anyway, I have picked a couple of excursions from each port that I am considering (of course my DH has to agree). Skagway: Eagle preserve wilderness river adventure (SW41) or Ocean raft nature adventure (SW52). Juneau: Alaska whales and science adventure (JU33) or Alaska whales & glaciers photo safari. Ketchikan: Mt. Point snorkeling (KE22).....this one we already decided is the must do! Anyone that has done any of these, I would love to hear what your thoughts are!

We were originally thinking of doing the White Pass train in Skagway, but 4 hours seems like a long time for an 8 year old. So I think we're leaning towards Disney's Liarsville. That will be about it for us. I find that the excursions are quite expensive, and with how much the cruise is costing us already, I don't think we're going to be able to do much more than that.

I find that the excursions are quite expensive, and with how much the cruise is costing us already, I don't think we're going to be able to do much more than that.

Totally understandable about the costs. Originally, I had planned to book an Alaska Adventures by Disney until I found out how much more it costs compared to a DCL cruise. So unless we decide there are other excursions we absolutely can't miss at the other two ports, the train in Skagway is all we will book and we'll probably just explore the other two towns on our own & enjoy the Wonder... which is fine by me. I'm sure we'll return to Alaska again another time to experience ore of the land.

Could not contact:
Melissa Gates
Csel
DisneyLessy
Caloucon
Toy5tory

Hey there. We're wicked late to the party. Is there any room left for the FE?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter