August 10, 2013 Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy

How should we split the FE?

• Split the FE list in half (2 groups 22 - 26 staterooms)

• Stick to the idea of a headcount (3 groups (14/15 staterroms)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hey all,

I got my luggage tags and documents in the mail yesterday. We're getting close! I can't wait.

As this is my first Disney cruise, I didn't know what to expect. I was very impressed with the quality of the materials I got yesterday. The luggage tags were real tags (unlike Carnival, which requires you to print your own) and the booklet was extremely customized with valuable information about our flights, reservations, and many other small details tailored for us. Very impressive!

Hey all,

I got my luggage tags and documents in the mail yesterday. We're getting close! I can't wait.

As this is my first Disney cruise, I didn't know what to expect. I was very impressed with the quality of the materials I got yesterday. The luggage tags were real tags (unlike Carnival, which requires you to print your own) and the booklet was extremely customized with valuable information about our flights, reservations, and many other small details tailored for us. Very impressive!

I got mine yesterday as well. Since I have never been on a cruise, I didn't know what to expect. I am excited but a little scared (the unknown is always scary)! I am looking forward to getting away though!

Hello all! :wave:

Me and my family will be joining you all on the 8/10 Fantasy sailing! We are:
  • Maggi (me)
  • Greg (DH)
  • Conor (DS 8)
  • Peggy (Grammy)

We are from AA County Maryland and this is my family's FIRST Disney cruise! I have cruised on the Dream once before (on a Make a Wish cruise with one of my friends) and had a blast! I knew I had book another for the rest of us! Originally I had another booked, but we had to switch to this sailing due to a schedule conflict. Anyway, it also allowed us to bring along my Mom who has NEVER cruised before. Ever. :cool1: DH and I have sailed Celebrity many times, we've all been to Disney quite a few times so this was the next logical choice in our obsession. :goodvibes

I finally JUST got caught up reading through the pages in this thread! I will look for the FB group as well and pop on over and say hello. My DS will be thrilled to see so many other boys in his age group on this sailing!

Anyway, we look forward to seeing you all at the group meet at 1515hrs! So excited! Only 39 more days! Our last one was 100+ days away. This is much better! :thumbsup2

Hello all! :wave:

Me and my family will be joining you all on the 8/10 Fantasy sailing! We are:
  • Maggi (me)
  • Greg (DH)
  • Conor (DS 8)
  • Peggy (Grammy)

We are from AA County Maryland and this is my family's FIRST Disney cruise! I have cruised on the Dream once before (on a Make a Wish cruise with one of my friends) and had a blast! I knew I had book another for the rest of us! Originally I had another booked, but we had to switch to this sailing due to a schedule conflict. Anyway, it also allowed us to bring along my Mom who has NEVER cruised before. Ever. :cool1: DH and I have sailed Celebrity many times, we've all been to Disney quite a few times so this was the next logical choice in our obsession. :goodvibes

I finally JUST got caught up reading through the pages in this thread! I will look for the FB group as well and pop on over and say hello. My DS will be thrilled to see so many other boys in his age group on this sailing!

Anyway, we look forward to seeing you all at the group meet at 1515hrs! So excited! Only 39 more days! Our last one was 100+ days away. This is much better! :thumbsup2

Welcome to the Disney Cruise! We are so looking forward to getting away!

Karin - here is a link to the lime green Mickey head for anyone that might want to wear it or put in on their camera or purse strap. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134346 I plan on downloading it, print it, laminate and put a pin back on. Hopefully if we see people wearing them we will know they are part of the DISboard FE group and will say hi! (Not sure my kids or ex will wear it, but I plan on it.)

Also, Msmit002 said on her last cruise they got some scrapbook paper and someone cut out Mickey heads with their cricut. I have a cricut, so I can do the cut outs. Just let me know what everone wants to do, and we can do it. OR I can find the Mickey head punch cutter and we can do the same thing.

Anyway, just counting down the days!

I just got another brilliant idea... I can make lime green Mickey Head pins from Shrinky Dinks and glue a pin with closure on the back! Durable and can be worn on a lanyard/hat/shirt etc.

Ya know, I can't join the FE, but this could be my goodwill contribution. :goodvibes:

I just got another brilliant idea... I can make lime green Mickey Head pins from Shrinky Dinks and glue a pin with closure on the back! Durable and can be worn on a lanyard/hat/shirt etc.

Ya know, I can't join the FE, but this could be my goodwill contribution. :goodvibes:

That would be awesome! If you want to do that, I think it is a great idea!

I'll hop on it! The kids have been asking when we were going to have another Shrinky-Dink day anyway.

So, just plain Lime Green? Nothing on them?

I have no idea. I would probably say no just so people can use them for other cruises.

I know Karin has closed the FE group, but you could always wait to see if other new comers are interested in a new FE group just for the new comers. And if the ones on the current FE want to also participate with the new comers they can. Just a thought - throwing it out there.

HAHA! I recieved ALL of my cruise docs in the mail yesterday!:banana:
Mom didn't though and she was bummed.. we live on the same street so that was weird. I think our mail lady thinks we are all crazy at how much Disney related mail we get :lmao:

Has anyone else been stalking the weather channel? Or is that just my latest obsession?:happytv:

Hopefully your mom will get her documents today, otherwise she will have to wait until Friday!

I have not been looking at the weather channel yet. I guess I should start doing that, just to get an idea of what is coming our way!

I know I need to finish my FE items. I am trying to decide if I should put the packages together prior to getting onboard/send them through the mail or what exactly I want to do. I really need to figure out when to give the things I have! OH my goodness! So much to do!

I haven't received my documents :(

I have started FE!!!!
Just waiting for the list to confirm numbers :)

Hi Karin,

Were you able to finish the list? Tomorrow is a US holiday, and we were hoping to complete the FE's tomorrow. Sorry, but it seems like time is quickly running out to finish everything that needs to be done.

Thanks,

Heather

Complete list (for those who do all staterooms = Embraer and kelmarie66)

Group A (decks 12, 10, 9, 8 and parts of 7)

Group B (rest of decks 10 and 7, and decks 6, 5 and 2)

There was a need to divide deck 7 to get the same number of people in both groups.
JRex I placed you in the same group as your grandparents.
There are still three groups who did not respond, so I took them off the divided lists - they are still at the bottom of the original list (without room numbers)
Please check the lists if your information is correct and notify me of any mistakes.

I've got to be mad lugging everything across the Atlantic! Don't get your hopes up everybody the presents are many yet small

Happy 4th to you all, you can keep your country. After 237 years we're over it, we'll just take it out on the French for helping y'all

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

I feel like this post deserves a LINE of dancing smilies! Today is the 4th of July (thanks for the well wishes Stu, it's because of you guys that we now have SWEEET TEA!! :woohoo:) which is my all time favorite holiday. pixiedust: I love the 4th because it starts off a whirlwind July in our family.

July 4th: typical American celebration filled with food and fireworkspixiedust:
July 6th: DH's 30th birthday-- I may or may not have something sneaky planned :rolleyes1
July 10th: MY BIRTHDAY! :dance3::dance3: 30 day countdown :beach:
July 21st: DS1's 3rd birthday when we will bust out the Disney magic with a Captain America birthday party, which he knows nothing about and will be a fabulous time
July 24th: SIL's birthday. Oh yes, another cake ;)

Time is going to FLY BY this July! So much to do, so many plans to finalize! EEK! But first, while the rest of my house is sleeping, it's time to get a quick workout in and do some :laundy:

Happy 4th!!

Thanks for organizing Karin! :cheer2:

Complete list (for those who do all staterooms = Embraer)

Group A (decks 12, 10, 9, 8 and parts of 7)

Group B (rest of decks 10 and 7, and decks 6, 5 and 2)

There was a need to divide deck 7 to get the same number of people in both groups.
JRex I placed you in the same group as your grandparents.
There are still three groups who did not respond, so I took them off the divided lists - they are still at the bottom of the original list (without room numbers)
Please check the lists if your information is correct and notify me of any mistakes.

I'm not on list A or B but I'm on the original list. I messaged you with my cabin number (7023) when I received it a couple of days ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter