August 1, 2016 Mediterranean Magic Cruise.....who's in??

Hey! Just wanted to let you know that there is another FB page. I think if you type in Disney Magic Aug 1 you will find it. It already has 30+ members. Not saying that there can't be two.....just wanted to let you know about the other one! (As I wait to get my post flagged!!!!)
Hey, I tried to find the other Facebook group but I couldn't find it....help!?

Hello Everyone.
We are a family of 3 from the UK. Mum Dad and Daughter 18 . Any other family's got 18-21's sailing with them as Daughter is wondering what there is to do after being in Vibe for the past 5 years.?

Anyone here travelling solo. my bf doesn't want to go but i still do but apprehensive about going alone.

We are a little late to the party, but DH and I are booking tomorrow.. I am so excited.... Never been to Europe but this will be our 10th Disney Cruise....

We are a little late to the party, but DH and I are booking tomorrow.. I am so excited.... Never been to Europe but this will be our 10th Disney Cruise....
Welcome ! This is a rather quiet thread - more activity else where for the "Disney Magic August 1-13th 2016". Europe is definitely full of unique history & experiences - I'm sure you'll have great time

Okay flights are booked. Still need to find a place to stay in Barcelona pre cruise. Was wondering what excursions have been booked or you are looking at? We're a family of five so some of the DCL excursions are out of our price range but wondering if we had to pick two which do you think are the best for these ports? We're looking at a few other tours but am getting a bit panicked about getting everything booked - especially Rome.

We have the flights booked, I actually ended up booking 2 hotels, as the first one I booked was 45 minutes out of town..... Oops..... The second one is half way between the airport and the port.... it looks decent.... It's the AC Hotel Som by Marriot... I booked it on Expedia, and it was a decent price. We booked a few excursions through DCL. We looked at other tour providers, and for a few extra dollars, it was worth it to us to have the security that Disney wouldn't leave us if the tour ran late :teeth:.

We ended up booking the Imperial and Renaissance Rome with St. Peter’s Basilica - Adult Only Departure in Rome, and I'm really looking forward to Mt. Vesuvius By 4x4, Hike, Wine Tasting & Pompeii, the next day. We are also doing the Easy Pisa tour, and then Monaco, Monte Carlo and Eze – Adult Departure Only tour on the Cannes stop. The rest of the stops we will play it by ear....

We were only going to book 1 or 2, but then I kept finding other things I wanted to do, and we aren't sure if we will get back to Europe. So, we are splurging a bit. :jumping1: I am bouncing off of walls.
I keep looking for more info, trying to find more info on the stops we aren't taking tours on. We only booked about 2 weeks ago, and it is coming so quick.

I leave for Disney World in 2 weeks with my grandkids for our birthdays, and just keep getting more and more excited about everything.

Good luck planning

Okay flights are booked. Still need to find a place to stay in Barcelona pre cruise. Was wondering what excursions have been booked or you are looking at? We're a family of five so some of the DCL excursions are out of our price range but wondering if we had to pick two which do you think are the best for these ports? We're looking at a few other tours but am getting a bit panicked about getting everything booked - especially Rome.

Don't worry about everything being booked unless you are after the exclusive type port adventures. We are only booking DCL for Rome (due to distance from port), but doing Rome on your own, so in essence just using them for transport, and Naples as I want to climb Vesuvius & do Pompeii. All the other ports we are doing DIY, but it depends on what you want to do. Some places, like Eze, are just too difficult on public transport whilst others like Monaco are very easy. First work out what you want to see, then decide how best to achieve that.

We have the flights booked, I actually ended up booking 2 hotels, as the first one I booked was 45 minutes out of town..... Oops..... The second one is half way between the airport and the port.... it looks decent.... It's the AC Hotel Som by Marriot... I booked it on Expedia, and it was a decent price. We booked a few excursions through DCL. We looked at other tour providers, and for a few extra dollars, it was worth it to us to have the security that Disney wouldn't leave us if the tour ran late :teeth:.

We ended up booking the Imperial and Renaissance Rome with St. Peter’s Basilica - Adult Only Departure in Rome, and I'm really looking forward to Mt. Vesuvius By 4x4, Hike, Wine Tasting & Pompeii, the next day. We are also doing the Easy Pisa tour, and then Monaco, Monte Carlo and Eze – Adult Departure Only tour on the Cannes stop. The rest of the stops we will play it by ear....

We were only going to book 1 or 2, but then I kept finding other things I wanted to do, and we aren't sure if we will get back to Europe. So, we are splurging a bit. :jumping1: I am bouncing off of walls.
I keep looking for more info, trying to find more info on the stops we aren't taking tours on. We only booked about 2 weeks ago, and it is coming so quick.

I leave for Disney World in 2 weeks with my grandkids for our birthdays, and just keep getting more and more excited about everything.

Good luck planning
Wow you sound like you've got it together pretty well. I've read elsewhere that the Rick Steeves' Mediterranean Cruise Ports is a must read. We definitely won't be doing any 'adult only' excursions but appreciate the info.

Don't worry about everything being booked unless you are after the exclusive type port adventures. We are only booking DCL for Rome (due to distance from port), but doing Rome on your own, so in essence just using them for transport, and Naples as I want to climb Vesuvius & do Pompeii. All the other ports we are doing DIY, but it depends on what you want to do. Some places, like Eze, are just too difficult on public transport whilst others like Monaco are very easy. First work out what you want to see, then decide how best to achieve that.
Probably not the exclusive type port adventures. Although I am someone who wants to see and do everything. For Rome was actually looking at CBM Tours for Rome but it isn't running that day so was looking at Rome by Limo, and am now thinking of running from boat to train and doing it ourselves - buying tickets online for Vatican. Pompeii is a must as the kids are intrigued, however, wondering what to pair with it - so many options - so little time. Sounds like I'll need to do some more research and chat with the family. I'm stressing a little bit over getting all plans laid out and hate to miss anything but hopefully will be back someday. Thanks for the input!

Probably not the exclusive type port adventures. Although I am someone who wants to see and do everything. For Rome was actually looking at CBM Tours for Rome but it isn't running that day so was looking at Rome by Limo, and am now thinking of running from boat to train and doing it ourselves - buying tickets online for Vatican. Pompeii is a must as the kids are intrigued, however, wondering what to pair with it - so many options - so little time. Sounds like I'll need to do some more research and chat with the family. I'm stressing a little bit over getting all plans laid out and hate to miss anything but hopefully will be back someday. Thanks for the input!
Check how many other ships are in port for Rome if planning on going by train - I have read reports of trains not stopping because so full! You will not see all of Rome in a day, even if you go at it commando style. Prioritise your must sees & manage your expectations - it will be hot, quite possibly humid & definitely busy. Pompeii is doable DIY but takes a bit of planning so you catch the correct train to the correct stop. You could always just pair it with Naples as you will be in the centre for the train. Other popular options seem to be Sorrento, but no idea if that works DIY.

Hi all, little late to this thread. Myself, fiancé, mum, dad and sister are all going on this cruise. My fiancé and I are getting married on this cruise!! Excited ☺️☺️

Hi all, little late to this thread. Myself, fiancé, mum, dad and sister are all going on this cruise. My fiancé and I are getting married on this cruise!! Excited ☺️☺️
That is so awesome. Congrats on the wedding!!!! It's getting so close now, I can't wait for the cruise, I bet it's even more exciting planning your wedding!!!!!

Congratulations - that will certainly be a day to remember. Which day is the special one - we will keep an eye open to wish you all the best :tinker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter