~ Aug 2013~ Sew what... We've gotta find a way back! Part I!!

DMGeurts said:
Thank you Kathy.

I spent a good portion of my day in my sewing room yesterday. I was able to get a lot accomplished.

I was just finishing up some of my applique work, when Marianne texted me about the tragedy in Newtown. It was just so unbelieveable! It was just a day of such horrific and sad news, I can't even begin to express my thoughts and words of comfort, because I know there aren't any. The pain these families are feeling is just unimagineable. It pushes me to thing back to when my girls were that age, and how sweet and innocent they were, and the sickness of a mind that could do that to a child - any child - any age, is just beyond my comprehension. As with the rest of the country, our family is mourning the loss of every child, adult, and praying for peace for the town and the survivors.

D~

I am also so saddened by this. I can't comprehend why someone would do this to children and makes me scared to send my daughter to school in 2.5 years. I even told DH, I might consider quitting my job to homeschool. He just didn't say a word, and hopes I'm not serious.

Btw, I felt special that you missed my replies. Thanks!

And hope you had a wonderful anniversary!

I just recently read your recent TR!! So now here I am, joining in on your PTR! I loooove your bags, so adorable! Looking forward to hear more about your upcoming trip!

Just wanted to check in abduction say hi. Your anniversary dinner sounds so wonderful. How sweet of V and your cake looked yummy.

We are taking kids out ti see some Christmas lights. We are currently in the parking lot of Lowes waiting for Dad. Oh the fun.

Hope you are having a nice weekend.

Hi d jut popping n to say hi. I love the jack bag, it turned out awesome.
I have figured out my embroidery machine for the most part. V leaves for her Disney cruise on Tues so I have until Monday afternoon together it figured out and do 10 appliqués :

Glad to read you are all well. How nive was that of your dd to make dinner for you.

I am also so saddened by this. I can't comprehend why someone would do this to children and makes me scared to send my daughter to school in 2.5 years. I even told DH, I might consider quitting my job to homeschool. He just didn't say a word, and hopes I'm not serious.

Btw, I felt special that you missed my replies. Thanks!

And hope you had a wonderful anniversary!

I know... It is just so scary.

Of course I missed you! :) And thank you - I did have a wonderful anniversary... It wasn't the trip or cruise I'd envisioned, but I've come to the conclusion that once the girls are off to college - Josh and I are going to do it up right. :beach:

I just recently read your recent TR!! So now here I am, joining in on your PTR! I loooove your bags, so adorable! Looking forward to hear more about your upcoming trip!

Welcome! I hope you enjoyed my TR... It was so much fun to write, and it was a great trip.

I hope to have more info on my current planning once things simmer down after the holidays - we are just so wrapped up in that right now.

Thank you, about my bags, I really enjoy making them... And I enjoy even more, seeing others enjoy them. :cheer2:

Just wanted to check in abduction say hi. Your anniversary dinner sounds so wonderful. How sweet of V and your cake looked yummy.

Thanks Liz... It was so sweet of her!

We are taking kids out ti see some Christmas lights. We are currently in the parking lot of Lowes waiting for Dad. Oh the fun.

Hope you are having a nice weekend.

LOL I hope you had fun seeing the Christmas lights. And I hope you are having a nice weekend too.

Hi d jut popping n to say hi. I love the jack bag, it turned out awesome.
I have figured out my embroidery machine for the most part. V leaves for her Disney cruise on Tues so I have until Monday afternoon together it figured out and do 10 appliqués :

Glad to read you are all well. How nive was that of your dd to make dinner for you.

Thanks Erin. That's awesome that little V is going on a Disney cruise... And I am so happy that you were able to figure out your embroidery machine in time - sorrry I was no help with that. My goal this year is to invest in an embroidery machine so that I can add a font to my items if necessary. I might need some help determining the hoop size to get though, when the time comes. What did you end up with?

Well, I finished up my next bag yesterday - it turned out super cute! I can't wait to show you all! I need to finish up the wallet this morning and the zipper pull too. Not sure if I will show pictures today or tomorrow?

I also took a nap yesterday... That was so nice. :thumbsup2

Last night was Alli's Christmas concert... It was beautiful. The high school really knows how to put them on. Which means, we had to have dinner out last night - it really wasn't in the budget, but since we live so far away, it does't make sense to go home sometimes (a lot of times, actually)... So, we had Pizza Hut for dinner - I was surprised that it was relatively inexpensive.

Today will be a lazy day at home... We had freezing rain last night - and even though I don't think it froze here, I am not sure what it has done around the Metro - so we'll just hang out here. There's pleanty to do.

We need to organize the gifts under the tree. Our festivities start next weekend, and a good bulk of our gifts will be leaving. I like to have the gifts organized, so that when we go places, we don't forget anyone. Hopefully we can get that done today.

Since I only have a couple hours left of work in my sewing room, my week will be filled with cranking out Christmas gifts for the family. First off, I plan to work on my auction item tomorrow - it will be small guaranteed... I am only willing to devote one day to it - as that is all I have. Then I plan to finish up V's gift (I got a good start on it a few weeks ago, so I hope to be done with that by Tues). Wed and Fri will be Alli's gift. Saturday will be my MIL's gift... Hopefully I will be able to finish all of them on time - it's gonna be close.

I hope you all are having a fantastic weekend! :grouphug:

D~

Oh my gosh, you are so organized with your sewing projects. I was trying to make my niece a mermaid dress for Christmas for her Jan trip to Disney. I am procrastinating and starting to run out of time. I also have a Spiderman cape for DD2 on the list and a tote bag for her dance teacher. Not sure I'll make the deadlines. Wish I was able to stick to a schedule like you.

We are also home, only because its a lazy Sunday. Hope the weather is not too bad for you.

An auction for tomorrow? Fun! I love watching them throughout the day. Wish I could bid...but I have enough D bags for now :)

I was so happy to talk to you and Mo this morning. The CT tragedy is really taken hold of me. With Bradey being in Kindergarten...well it just really hits home. I can't even fathom the pain they must all be in. I just wish there was some way to help that poor community :(

I am the same way with our Christmas presents. I have them all under the tree to make it look good. But I will need to get them all grouped up before our first party next Sunday.

So exciting for you to have so much family around for the festivities this year!

Sounds like you have more than enough to do before Christmas. I can't wait to see another bag from you. It is always fun to see what you make.

OK - so change of plans...

This morning in my sewing room went waaaay better than planned...

Current custom bag set ~ done!

Auction items ~ done!

WHOOT!!!

So, tomorrow will be finishing up V's item... because I got done early - I may add an applique to it????

Tues and Wed will be Alli's gift.

Fri will be MIL's gift.

Sat will be r-e-l-a-x. :)

D~

That's great :cool1: It's great to have a little more time than planned just incase something suddenly takes more time than first planned :)

Okay, so I'm back from our 10 day trip and have gotten all caught up on all my housework and shopping and sewing and just have to sit and relax until Christmas! No, wait. That was in my dreams! The only statement above that is true is that I'm back from Disney. The rest is just wishful thinking. Since I've been back, I've been having dental appointments, hair appointments, shopping, sewing, laundry and a smidgen of house cleaning. Then both my parents got the flu, so I was taking soup and gatorade to them and trying not to breath in the cooties!

I've enjoyed getting caught up on your ptr. Love the two bags that were new to me. Great job as always! Especially loved the castle and monorail one. Sounds like a lot of thought has gone into the remodel of your home vs selling. It's always difficult to decide that. We remodeled our kitchen in our home that was 17 years old and made it my dream kitchen, only to sell our house a year later. Had we known, we would not have put such high end everything into it! I couldn't see any photos of your plans, but hope you have it figured out what you want to do.

Loved the pics of MM in the snow!! His coloring reminds me of our Brandy who ended up being our last pet once she had to be put down. I just love dogs and it's neat to see yours having so much fun. I also wish we could have a little snow. Or a lot of snow. It was 57 here yesterday. What's up with that??? How will Santa come if there's no snow?

You never did post a picture of your rad hair color. Come on, we want to see it.

As for the stockings, I love the elf ones, but it's true the traditional ones hold more stuff. I usually always ended up with too many stocking stuffers so it all didn't fit anyway, so it may be a moot point.

I've been enjoying the Christmas movies a lot this year. Hubby and I just watched Christmas Lodge last night and it was pretty good. Had never seen it before. My new favorite continues to be Dear Santa, with 12 Dates of Christmas a close second. I watch them on Netflix.

Well, I think I'll go to my sewing room and work on the Rapunzel dress I started. It is very detailed and will take a while to finish, but the end result will be worth it. Hope you get everything done you need to do. Glad you had an awesome day in your sewing room and got a little ahead. That's always a nice plus! I'm also glad you decided to continue to "ramble" as you put it. Those personal anecdotes are what makes your ptr such fun to read. I feel like we really get to know each other as you share and we comment. Have a great week!

Oh my gosh, you are so organized with your sewing projects. I was trying to make my niece a mermaid dress for Christmas for her Jan trip to Disney. I am procrastinating and starting to run out of time. I also have a Spiderman cape for DD2 on the list and a tote bag for her dance teacher. Not sure I'll make the deadlines. Wish I was able to stick to a schedule like you.

We are also home, only because its a lazy Sunday. Hope the weather is not too bad for you.

It's not always easy for me to stick to a schedule, I am a total procrastinator by nature, so I really have to fight with myself to keep going sometimes. This last 2 weeks has been incredibly hard for me to stay focused and on task. However, since I am scheduled so far in advance, if I fall behind - there isn't anyone that can catch me up - except for me. So, I just can't fall behind... Besides, I would be so bored if I didn't have anything to do in my sewing room.

I hope you are able to, at least, make a dent in your list - they sound like great items! I hope you had a great Sunday!

An auction for tomorrow? Fun! I love watching them throughout the day. Wish I could bid...but I have enough D bags for now

No silly... The auction is for Thursday. :thumbsup2 I am soooo excited about it. I will be doing sneak peeks on FB starting today though.

I was so happy to talk to you and Mo this morning. The CT tragedy is really taken hold of me. With Bradey being in Kindergarten...well it just really hits home. I can't even fathom the pain they must all be in. I just wish there was some way to help that poor community

I know, it has been just a particularily hard and devistating week for everyone. I don't think that there has been anyone who hasn't been affected by this. Because of the internet - I have friends on all edges of the world - one of them lives just a mere 10 minutes from Sandy Hook... It is so hard and sad to see so many people just broken, as we all are. And I am trying to hard to see the light in all of this - and there isn't any. I just keep going on and try to focus my thoughts on what IS good and what IS happy. I will admit that I had to unplug for several hours every day this weekend. So, please try to focus on the GOOD in your life right now, because despite the bad in the world, we all have sooo much GOOD too. :grouphug:

I am very excited about our birthday weekend... I think I will chat a little bit about it below.

I am the same way with our Christmas presents. I have them all under the tree to make it look good. But I will need to get them all grouped up before our first party next Sunday.

Yah... Alli and I went through the gifts last night, and got them all organized. We discovered that MM has more gifts under the tree than all of us combined. :confused3 Seriously spoiled dog, IMO... And not only that, but Josh just came in with a bag that we couldn't figure out what was in it (didn't want to open it in front of the kids, just in case)... Yah, it's MM's stocking stuffers. :crazy2: Rufus loved Christmas... I wonder why? I have a feeling MM will love Christmas too. ::yes::

So exciting for you to have so much family around for the festivities this year!

Yes, we are so excited! We are starting to firm up plans now... we hope to have more details by the end of the week. :scratchin

Sounds like you have more than enough to do before Christmas. I can't wait to see another bag from you. It is always fun to see what you make.

Thanks Lillian. I will have my next bag posted this morning - as soon as it's light enough to take pictures.

OK - so change of plans...

This morning in my sewing room went waaaay better than planned...

Current custom bag set ~ done!

Auction items ~ done!

WHOOT!!!

So, tomorrow will be finishing up V's item... because I got done early - I may add an applique to it????

Tues and Wed will be Alli's gift.

Fri will be MIL's gift.

Sat will be r-e-l-a-x. :)

D~

Yes, I am quoting myself. ::yes:: I am super happy with everything I got accomplished yesterday - I couldn't believe how quickly everything went!

That's great :cool1: It's great to have a little more time than planned just incase something suddenly takes more time than first planned

I agree! Just so happy to be further ahead.

Okay, so I'm back from our 10 day trip and have gotten all caught up on all my housework and shopping and sewing and just have to sit and relax until Christmas! No, wait. That was in my dreams! The only statement above that is true is that I'm back from Disney. The rest is just wishful thinking. Since I've been back, I've been having dental appointments, hair appointments, shopping, sewing, laundry and a smidgen of house cleaning. Then both my parents got the flu, so I was taking soup and gatorade to them and trying not to breath in the cooties!

WELCOME HOME Lois!!! Glad to have you back! I've missed you! I hope you will post a few pictures from your trip. :thumbsup2

I know how you feel... The last week has been the exact same for me... With exception to the sickness - it's in my house... V is sick. :scared:

I've enjoyed getting caught up on your ptr. Love the two bags that were new to me. Great job as always! Especially loved the castle and monorail one.

Thank you! I loved how that bag turned out!

Sounds like a lot of thought has gone into the remodel of your home vs selling. It's always difficult to decide that. We remodeled our kitchen in our home that was 17 years old and made it my dream kitchen, only to sell our house a year later. Had we known, we would not have put such high end everything into it! I couldn't see any photos of your plans, but hope you have it figured out what you want to do.

Sorry about that... After they were up for a couple of days, I decided to take them down. Even though they only showed a rough portion of our house, I didn't think it was the smartest thing to have a diagram of our house on the internet for anyone to see... I sometimes forget that The Dis is public and anyone can read here. If you would like to see them, you can PM me your email address, and I'd be happy to show you. :thumbsup2

See... I am afraid of that happening too. I dont want to put too much into this house if we just end up selling. But if we do put on the addition, it will make this house much more liveable, and I am not sure that I would want to move. If only I could put my open staircase back into it... sigh. Then it would be perfect. LOL

Loved the pics of MM in the snow!! His coloring reminds me of our Brandy who ended up being our last pet once she had to be put down. I just love dogs and it's neat to see yours having so much fun. I also wish we could have a little snow. Or a lot of snow. It was 57 here yesterday. What's up with that??? How will Santa come if there's no snow?

Yes, MM is so funny in the snow - it is a whole new playground for him.

I do like your temps though. Thankfully it hasn't been too cold here. I love the snow/hate the cold... If the temps were milder, I wouldn't mind winter so much.

You never did post a picture of your rad hair color. Come on, we want to see it.

I didn't??? Hmmm.... OK - I will see what I can do about that. :scratchin I will definately have pictures this weekend, for Christmas.

As for the stockings, I love the elf ones, but it's true the traditional ones hold more stuff. I usually always ended up with too many stocking stuffers so it all didn't fit anyway, so it may be a moot point.

That was my thought too. LOL

I've been enjoying the Christmas movies a lot this year. Hubby and I just watched Christmas Lodge last night and it was pretty good. Had never seen it before. My new favorite continues to be Dear Santa, with 12 Dates of Christmas a close second. I watch them on Netflix.

I seriously need to make a point to watch those two movies... I will search our satellite today to see if I can find them. Considering that we have watched all of ours... DH was able to reburn our Christmas with the Kranks DVD and we were able to watch it the other night. :goodvibes

Well, I think I'll go to my sewing room and work on the Rapunzel dress I started. It is very detailed and will take a while to finish, but the end result will be worth it. Hope you get everything done you need to do. Glad you had an awesome day in your sewing room and got a little ahead. That's always a nice plus! I'm also glad you decided to continue to "ramble" as you put it. Those personal anecdotes are what makes your ptr such fun to read. I feel like we really get to know each other as you share and we comment. Have a great week!

OOoh - I can't wait to see it. I fell behind on the Disbou thread (yet again) - I hope to get over there this week to catch up. Hopefully you will post the Rapunzel dress somewhere so I can see it. :thumbsup2 And I am glad you like my rambling... LOL

So, the rest of my day wasn't nearly as productive as the first part.

First of all, V is quite sick... She has a sort throat/cold going on, but she is running a fever with it. We have been trying to stay away from her, but she likes to be babied when she is sick (or any other time for that matter, LOL)... so I am quite sure that I will come down with whatever she has by the end of the week. Hopefully it is gone by the weekend though.

Josh and I ran to town to get some quick groceries yesterday... It was so nice to have him with to help me plan out some meals. I don't mind the cooking, I just hate the planning. I am the one standing at the cupboards at 4pm, asking the girls what I should make for dinner. :confused3 We've decided that we are going to start trying to do some menu planning... That would just help me immensely when grocery shopping and making meals. Does everyone do their meals this way, and I just missed the boat? LOL

Last night, we all just laid around and watched TV... Well, except for Alli and I. She decided she wanted to make Christmas cookies, so I got roped into helping her. I was sooo not in the mood, but I survived. LOL

V is staying home with me today, so instead of finishing up her gift, I think I will start on Alli's... I just won't tell her it's Alli's gift, and make her think it's a custom. :thumbsup2

I almost forgot to post about my birthday weekend... As it turns out, 2 of my good Dis friends (let's face it, you all are my good Dis friends) are dying to see the MOA... once we found out that all 3 of us have birthdays with in the same week - yup - we have to celebrate together! So, Suzi (Solana131) and Mo (ChicagoMo) are flying to MN at the end of May to stay for a few days. We got 2 hotel rooms by the MOA, and we plan to whoop it up! The hotel rooms are booked, we are just waiting for airfare to drop a little more. I am super excited to meet 2 more of my great Dis friends!

I will be back later to post pictures of my latest order. Also, keep an eye on my FB fan page, I plan to start posting sneak peeks of my auction items (yes, there is an "s" on the end of that) this morning too. :thumbsup2

Have a great day everyone!

D~ <---- Who should probably finish up her mini-Charlotte TR before she has to write her mini-MOA TR...

I'm glad you had a productive weekend! Bummer that V is sick, I'll keep my fingers crossed that it stops with her.

I didn't even get on my computer this weekend let alone make it on the DIS (well other than to peek at Facebook really quickly to see the photos you posted). I finished up Christmas shopping, wrapped most of my gifts and did some baking for my work Christmas party that is tomorrow. So far I've made two batches of brownies and two batches of Double Chocolate cookies. One more batch of Chocolate Chip tonight and I will finally be done!

I'm looking forward to seeing the new custom bag and also your auction items. I'm just hoping they are not Pluto items because I really don't need the temptation right now! :rotfl:

sorry haven't been around for a few days...

sorry V is sick, hope she better soon and doesn't share!

happy belated anniversary!

sounds like a fun birthday weekend!

MM sounds like a lucky little pup!

I love this bag... I really do!

The person who ordered this bag gave me 3 themes to choose from. As of now, she still does not know the theme I chose. I LOVE this, and it was so much fun to "pick".

I stumbled upon this fabric several months ago, and I built the entire bag around it, it's just so perfect! I have several "favorite parts" of this bag... First - I love Remy's fur. Second - I love the ruffle. And third - I love the applique on the wallet.

It's just really a great bag and I had so much fun making it!

IMG_9380-1.jpg

IMG_9378-1.jpg

IMG_9379-1.jpg

IMG_9381.jpg

D~

I hope V gets better soon and that you don't catch what ever she has. Fingers crossed :)

A Birthdaytrip with som DIS friends sounds great.
Menu planning is a great way to save money by not having to go to the store so often. I plan what I will have to dinner for one week. It is great not having to think about what to have for dinner everyday :)

The bag looks amazing. I love the Remy's fur. The wallet is so cute :love: The fabric inside the bag fits so well with the theme of the bag.

IN LOVE WITH THIS BAG...seriously!!! LOVE the colors, love the applique on the zip wallet, love the zipper pull....PERFECTION!!!!

Hmmmm...I love the idea of giving you several themes to choose from, so that when it comes it will be a surpise! I just :lovestruc surprises!!! Of course, I probably stalk this thread and your FB page too much to be TOO surprised. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

SO stinkin' jealous of your MOA Dismeet weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!! Three of my favorite Disfriends getting together for a weekend of fun without me. :sad: Very happy for the three of you, though...really I am... :sad: :sad: :sad:

Love the new bag! The colors are gorgeous and I love the material inside. The wallet is just too cute! My DHs favorite character is Donald but his favorite Disney movie is Ratatouille. If the movie on TV, we are watching it!

LOVE your birthday weekend plans in May. Sounds like fun.

CUTE bag...but aren't they all cute? If I was a bag person I'd totally want one...but I'm really not so I will just admire from afar!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter