• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(Aug '11 TR) Park Commando Status in Jeopardy! 10/9 final thoughts and title

Let's window shop at Hollywood Studios before walking over to BLT!

i-t2PcwtH-L.jpg

i-KZf6hnF-L.jpg

i-tGzxFXr-L.jpg

i-gGB3pRN-L.jpg

i-GqGz6cv-L.jpg

i-NdZqsPb-L.jpg

i-KVqzMpk-L.jpg

i-qVJRwtC-L.jpg

And when I was finished shopping, I almost walked into a student driver...

i-b5JVMcW-L.jpg

i-wwkx9Pf-L.jpg

In case you are looking for baby gear... and here's a picture of that cute little guy, I shop for...

317765_10150376277928529_673258528_9925273_1448558861_n.jpg

and with his fire chief dad - (my baby brother) -
303006_10150373504098529_673258528_9907375_1229278231_n.jpg

Back to the store...

i-7v789sW-L.jpg

i-G2sgDpt-L.jpg

so cute but too big...
i-8cH3X3H-L.jpg

My girls love to smell Lotso...
i-FfgNLKM-L.jpg

Nice window shopping :) I was thrilled when they put out the Halloween goods. It seems like EVERYTHING they've had, they've had for quite some time now..that and I go all the time haha lol.

Nice window shopping :) I was thrilled when they put out the Halloween goods. It seems like EVERYTHING they've had, they've had for quite some time now..that and I go all the time haha lol.

Okay - I NEED :rotfl2: to see the Halloween merchandise! Please take some pictures. If I see something I love, I can call and order it from the parks!

Ok...you are not going to believe this...actually you best sit down for this one....I did not go into one shop at DHS....:scared1: I can't believe it myself!! Thanks for this pics...and about 10 things I want to buy now:lmao:

I missed a couple of updates, but I'm all caught up! I love the Fantasmic pictures - I said that I was going to watch that on my last trip, but alas, I didn't. Great pictures of the Contemporary pool - it is a shame that there isn't a lot of shade - AKL was definitely great for that! And the "little one" you shop for is so cute! They definitely had a lot of cute stuff when I was there!

Oh my goodness! I can't believe I am just finding this now! I've been so caught up in my own TR. :laughing: I hope you'll read along! :)

I am loving your TR so far! I love the different way of doing it!

I had no idea Disney had a rainy day parade! That's awesome! :thumbsup2

I am glad you are here! Where is your trip report? Is it the one Jess promises to start soon - since you sneaky frumps didn't tell us about your trip????!!!??

Ok...you are not going to believe this...actually you best sit down for this one....I did not go into one shop at DHS....:scared1: I can't believe it myself!! Thanks for this pics...and about 10 things I want to buy now:lmao:

How is that possible???!!! :scared1: I guess as long as you didn't miss MouseGears all is well with the world. :rotfl2:

I missed a couple of updates, but I'm all caught up! I love the Fantasmic pictures - I said that I was going to watch that on my last trip, but alas, I didn't. Great pictures of the Contemporary pool - it is a shame that there isn't a lot of shade - AKL was definitely great for that! And the "little one" you shop for is so cute! They definitely had a lot of cute stuff when I was there!

Thanks for catching up! I am slowly catching up on everyone else's reports too. I keep getting buried by school work and sleep! :laughing:

I too said that about Fantasmic when we went in Jan, but I rectified it this summer... That's what is great about going back. There's always next time.

Finally got a chance to catch up! This whole grad school thing is for the birds... hope to be done soon!

The CR pool looks great to me - but I'm a sun seeker and don't have much use for the whole shade thing. It looks really clean and sparkly - does that sound dumb? I like the fountains shooting out too.

Thanks for taking us shopping! I can always count on you for some long distance browsing! :thumbsup2

And that nephew of yours is ADORABLE! How do you not go broke buying him gifts?!

Finally got a chance to catch up! This whole grad school thing is for the birds... hope to be done soon!

The CR pool looks great to me - but I'm a sun seeker and don't have much use for the whole shade thing. It looks really clean and sparkly - does that sound dumb? I like the fountains shooting out too.

Thanks for taking us shopping! I can always count on you for some long distance browsing! :thumbsup2

And that nephew of yours is ADORABLE! How do you not go broke buying him gifts?!

I hope you are hanging in there with grad school, and school, and DD!

I enjoyed the CR pool - I like the shade option, but I tend not to use it anyway. Not dumb, I think it is clean and sparkly too. I don't know how else to describe it.

He is pretty cute, huh? ;) I really don't buy him too much. My DB and SIL have a small home and I know he doesn't need for anything. As he gets older and is excited to get things, I probably will buy him more.

PS - I am moving so slowly on this, you might have stopped in for no update... :confused3
I'm always up for window shopping! :goodvibes So what cute Disney things did you buy for your adorable nephew?

I only bought him a toy. I really liked the pirate Mickey T but it was too big. The clothes wouldn't have worked for fall or winter so I decided on a toy. I ended up getting him stacking rings, which light up, that have Mickey at the top - only $9.95 plus 10% AP disc!

Time to take everyone over to BLT- FINALLY!!

Okay, follow me to BLT's pool - here are some of the sites you'll see

i-wCbJvbm-L.jpg

i-Pj6H6fG-L.jpg

A couple of girls heading up the slide

i-ZWprL25-L.jpg

i-JHd8TjQ-L.jpg

After testing out the slide, we headed up to our room.

i-dqp6fjG-L.jpg

i-FzbjmDJ-L.jpg

i-gQt2NkP-L.jpg

i-Lgjs7D8-L.jpg

i-TrdfHbF-L.jpg

i-XjKmbS8-L.jpg

Our view:

i-zsbgWkb-L.jpg

i-GvN3Ltx-L.jpg

Our view after a thunderstorm BLEW in. I wonder how old this gets for the lifeguards...

i-m2BGCT9-L.jpg

The view beyond the pool...

i-czVWXQH-L.jpg

i-jQqm2ZD-L.jpg

i-TTk9jBN-L.jpg

The bridge from Contemporary to BLT (I took this pic on another trip):
1174895399_rtfXo-L.jpg

The view from the bridge (taken at different times):
i-ZKzzjHM-L.jpg

i-gzs8RFK-L.jpg

i-3zSHS39-L.jpg

While waiting for the elevator...

i-jdJkMHL-L.jpg

i-PjKjWbc-L.jpg

Opinions on BLT-

I liked it. The location for MK is wonderful. The bus service was not. DH and I are very patient about busing, so it didn't really bother us. It is just that people complain about Animal Kingdom Lodge busing, and I don't get it. AKL busses are direct and don't share with other resorts. Yet, the monorail resorts (and the Epcot resorts for that matter) share busses. Walking to MK great - monorail to Epcot - great...other parks - meh.

The room was nice: very bright and clean feeling. The space in the gallery kitchen was fantastic (not that we had much to store in there.) The bathroom was okay. It had a hook for towels, and that was it. Annoying. It had cubbies for 'stuff' because it didn't have a counter to speak of.

Distance to Contempo Cafe was managable for food, and there was a refill station at the pool for drinks.

If I can answer any questions, please ask away!

Great pictures Debby! The room looks so bright and clean...I love a clean look! .... and that view....WOW!!!

I don't understand people at AKL complaining about the buses...they obviously don't know what sharing a bus with other resorts is like! I think AKL has FANTASTIC bus service!

The more I see of the BLT the more I like it! That view of the castle is fantastic!

It was very nice, but it was weird. It was like a high rise where you never see your neighbors...

Great pictures Debby! The room looks so bright and clean...I love a clean look! .... and that view....WOW!!!

I don't understand people at AKL complaining about the buses...they obviously don't know what sharing a bus with other resorts is like! I think AKL has FANTASTIC bus service!

The brightness is a stark contrast to AKL, but I love AKL (and I love the bright, clean room and BLT). I agree with you about the bus service!

Hi! I'm joining in. I like your unconventional TR style. :thumbsup2

Welcome and thanks!! :goodvibes
I need to find room in my life for this vase!

Isn't it cool? I wish I had sought out a price.
I love :love: that Mickey art that's in BLT! It's so Disney, but yet it's subtle.

I agree!

This photo is perfect! You could totally sell this.

Thank you! I took one like it earlier in the week with my iphone and knew I had to recreate it with my camera.

Can't wait to hear about your dining and the rest of your trip. :goodvibes

Thanks- I gotta get moving on this report!

So many great pictures! Jill is a fan of the BLT decor. Since my house has so many resort themed rooms, I asked her what kind of room she would put in her house, if she were to be as insane as I am. ;) She said she like BLT. We've been inside a BLT room when we were visiting with Wigd and Shocker, and she loved the Mickey prints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter