(Aug '11 TR) Park Commando Status in Jeopardy! 10/9 final thoughts and title

Glad you had an amazing trip, can't wait to read all about it. I just bought one of the brita water bottles to test it out before our trip. Glad to see Emma wearing her new glasses :)

Before you know it, you will be leaving for your trip!! Yahoo!! Thanks for joining! Emma has been great about wearing her glasses!

I love the AKL pictures! I cannot wait to be there! I love all of the poolside activities that Disney offers. We stayed a few years ago and had poolside bingo almost every night - my little brother loved it. It looks like your girls had a great time!

Yay you started!!! :cool1: Can't wait to read all about your family adventures.

I love the new layout and am sure I will fall in love with Stacey on our trip! :thumbsup2

Your room pics are great - I can't wait to visit AKL! Seems like the girls enjoyed the pool games and just to let you know the video does work :goodvibes

Here are pictures of the current progress:

i-w8rQKn8-L.jpg

i-QDF62KW-L.jpg

i-LP7mWnR-L.jpg

i-fVs9np9-L.jpg

It is amazing how large this area really is. I read about a video playing near a construction wall, but we didn't head over to see it. There is no masking the construction or the wonderful progress!

I wish I had my camera, but while on the train, I saw cool advertisement posters for the area that will replace Toon Town.

One day at the bus stop, a cast member (one of the transportation ones at the bus stop) was telling people about the Fantasyland Expansion. He made a comment about Dumbo that wasn't quite acurate, but I can't remember what it was...I was annoyed by it. (I guess if you work close enough to bus drivers... :rotfl2:) He talked about the Mine Train coaster and the new ride vehicle technology, and did get that right.

Thanks for sharing the pics of the Fantasyland explansion - it all looks very exciting and I can't wait for it to be completed!

Yep I wouldn't be happy if a CM was giving incorrect information about Dumbo...oh well at least you knew better! ;)

What a cute video - I love it! Looks like you guys are having a great time!

How weird about the water running everywhere - you'd think those imagineers would get right on that!

Glad you found my TR - you don't need to post if you don't want to join.

I can't wait to see what you guys do next!

I had a hard time deciding what kind of dining we should do. With DVC we have the option to build the dining plan anyway we want. So intially, I was going to do

Day 1 - deluxe = 203
Day 2- nothing
day 3 - quick = 94
day 4- deluxe
day 5- quick
day 6- nothing

The total would have been $594...

Instead I went with day 1 and 4 - quick (just to make sure we had mugs - for both hotels in case the felt my split stay was two vacations.) I also was worried about the problems other DVC members were reporting, so I chickened out.

I cancelled some of the table service since we didn't have to fill in 6 sit downs.

We ended up eating at Sci-Fi ($63); Chefs ($108), Ohana ($117), and Garden Grill ($145). $433 total - So, the dining plan would have saved us money, but my girls and I shared food at Chefs and we wouldn't have been able to do that. Also, we would have eaten at two more TS (breakfasts about $80 each) minus the counter services that we did eat... So the savings would have been over $100.

So, my evaluation of the dining plan is that if you are going to eat at buffets then the dining plan (without kids or if your kids are under 10) will indeed save you money. Be warned though: it is A LOT of food!

I am glad I am typing this because I just discovered that I was grossly overcharged at Garden Grill. I will be chatting with a Disney Cast member in the AM about that. UGH! I paid with my Mastercard so I will have them to dispute the charge if needed.

Restaurant reviews in future posts.

Thanks for sharing the pics of the Fantasyland explansion - it all looks very exciting and I can't wait for it to be completed!

Yep I wouldn't be happy if a CM was giving incorrect information about Dumbo...oh well at least you knew better! ;)

You can plan your next trip for when it is completed and all of the kinks have been ironed out!!!

What a cute video - I love it! Looks like you guys are having a great time!

How weird about the water running everywhere - you'd think those imagineers would get right on that!

Glad you found my TR - you don't need to post if you don't want to join.

I can't wait to see what you guys do next!

I have a couple more videos for later posts. Glad you are ready along! :goodvibes

I followed you over from the POTD board where I enjoy your posts. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

I have 9-year-old twins too, but mine are boys. pirate: No princesses or girly things at our house so I have to enjoy the softer side of Disney through trip reports.

Reading your TR is getting me psyched for my trip!

Amanda

Glad to help - that last week sometimes moves so slowly! I'm sure you are quite busy, however, so it will be time to go in no time.

I followed you over from the POTD board where I enjoy your posts. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

I have 9-year-old twins too, but mine are boys. pirate: No princesses or girly things at our house so I have to enjoy the softer side of Disney through trip reports.

Thank you for coming over! Are you boys headed into 4th grade? Are they non-stop like my girls? Aren't twins fun (as well as exhausting and frustrating?)

Let's visit the Magic Kingdom today! Since I am going to use this post as a topic, it is going to combine multiple visits to the park.

We went for EMH morning on our second day. Well, sort of, we missed rope drop by 5 to 10 minutes. We also went for late night extra magic hours on Friday, which my family always enjoys. We took a nap and woke up at 10:30. We headed to MK from 10:45 to 3AM!

The clock on Main Street always helps me with time sequence...

i-xV3M5sz-L.jpg

Rode some favorites quickly (still gotta have a touring plan)...
Space Mountain
i-QHq2VSp-L.jpg

Hadn't ridden for a while due to slow loading, so we did it early...

i-vMJ7KCL-L.jpg

i-WmTfTP2-L.jpg

Some other random shots (remember, I was light on photos the first couple days due to weather...)

i-sLvGmJd-L.jpg

Prince Charming's ride
i-L4KWbmS-L.jpg

i-VqnrGhm-L.jpg

i-hFwGXRH-L.jpg

i-R6RV3JH-L.jpg

i-hFXvD9s-L.jpg

i-gqKhrJV-L.jpg

i-N5G5Nwm-L.jpg

For Wendy (they didn't turn out as well as I would have liked!):

i-NbcKVWL-L.jpg

i-8Mx9Rpc-L.jpg

We had planned to head out of the park, then it was time for the parade. We decided to watch the parade and then leave.

Hula Hooping before the parade
i-S8BT2sF-L.jpg

i-VVbdxdq-L.jpg

It ended up pouring so we got to see a "Rainy Day Parade..."

i-MScBRDx-L.jpg

i-MHrKmVH-L.jpg

i-tHfXWbk-L.jpg

i-LZZzRHM-L.jpg

i-rbHg669-L.jpg

i-xSZxVkb-L.jpg

i-8xL7mHm-L.jpg

i-C6rK2Gp-L.jpg

i-9HGkVVm-L.jpg

i-4kvr8fq-L.jpg

i-DpZ3sbF-L.jpg

i-nxsn2zd-L.jpg

In the midst of this parade came a deluge...so everyone decided to exit the park after the parade!

With the mad crowd, I figured we would go to the train station, relax, and just look out at the castle. Since my girls were already drenched, they played in the rain...

Greeting Guests in the rain:
i-L2zfgn5-L.jpg

Video dh took of them playing in the rain...

You can click the last picture or "playing in the rain" to see the video. (I have to upload this video from dh's iphone to my smugmig so you can see it. Sorry for the inconvenience...)

Love the rain pics! Nothing like having it rain on your parade... :lmao:
It doesn't look like the rain affected your good time very much! :thumbsup2

Amanda

Great updates! Thank you for posting pictures of the Fantasyland construction! It is nice to see everyones pictures as it progresses.

I quite liked the pictures from the rainy day parade. I can say that I am fortunate enough to never have experienced one of those first hand, but it is neat to look! And your girls definitely had fun despite the rain, which is what it is all about!

Love the rain pics! Nothing like having it rain on your parade... :lmao:
It doesn't look like the rain affected your good time very much! :thumbsup2

Amanda

Our first trip was filled with a tropical storm...a little rain helps to clear the parks. haha

Great updates! Thank you for posting pictures of the Fantasyland construction! It is nice to see everyones pictures as it progresses.

I quite liked the pictures from the rainy day parade. I can say that I am fortunate enough to never have experienced one of those first hand, but it is neat to look! And your girls definitely had fun despite the rain, which is what it is all about!

I think in the past, they just cancelled the parade. I liked this option! (Everyone was lined up for the parade...)

Have a great trip- You will love AKL!! Please have a flatbread and zebra dome for me!

What great MK pics! :thumbsup2

Even though it was raining from the pics it seems as if you guys didn't let it dampen your spirits and I love how the girls are enjoying playing in the rain!

Ah! There is nothing like playing in the rain! And at Disney!!! :thumbsup2

Love the Rainy Day Cavalcade - I would show up in the rain just to see that. When else do they cart ALL the characters right down mainstreet in cars so close to you! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter