Attn: Teacher friends! Best gift idea?!

cashe

DIS Veteran
my DD would like to bring her 1st grade teacher a gift from our cruise on the Dream next month. Budget $40. Best/unique gift on ship for a teacher?!

Thx!

If her teacher is anything like me, I LOVE my morning cup of coffee and I especially love it in my disney mugs. I'm sure they would have cute ones on the ship or even a travel coffee mug that she could take to work with her?
I used to be a teacher (well for an infant classroom, but hey, still a teacher!) and if a family went on a cruise and brought me back a coffee mug I would be so excited lol!

Ok. I definitely know from her Christmas wish list (they compile a sheet on every teacher every year for the parents to reference for holidays) that she loves coffee!!

I'm kind of hoping to get something that could not be purchased on land or online so that it's definitely unique. Wonder if the mugs are that way?

I would think they would be unique. The might have one or two that you could buy online but theyre bound to have some on the ship that you can o
Ok. I definitely know from her Christmas wish list (they compile a sheet on every teacher every year for the parents to reference for holidays) that she loves coffee!!

I'm kind of hoping to get something that could not be purchased on land or online so that it's definitely unique. Wonder if the mugs are that way?
I bought a travel mug for myself when we cruised on the dream a couple years ago. I'm looking for a pic but having a hard time finding it anywhere online so I am guessing it is unique to the shops on the ships :)

my DD would like to bring her 1st grade teacher a gift from our cruise on the Dream next month. Budget $40. Best/unique gift on ship for a teacher?!

Thx!

I'm a Kindergarten teacher and during my last cruise I saw many things I would love! A couple of ideas are: 1. wine glass name tags
2. Cute make up bags 3. Christmas ornaments (I can tell who gave me what ornament even ten years later) 4. Wine or beer Mickey openers 5. Scrapbook supplies 6. pens and pencils (they make good rewards to give back to the kids.....) 7. Stickers

Have fun with it. And, thank you for thinking about her.

I agree that the Tervis mugs are a great idea. I also would personally like a Christmas ornament, but I know some people are super picky about their Christmas trees having to match. A simple/elegant photo frame might be nice too. Or some nice magnets (they could be used at school or at home.)

Really, as a teacher, I would be grateful for any gifts a student gives because it is the thought that counts. The only things I would recommend you avoid are anything alcohol-related (like a corkscrew or wine bottle tops) because not everyone drinks or clothes because people have different styles, and if you estimate size incorrectly, you could offend someone.

Thank you!!! I greatly appreciate all of the ideas!! I appreciate it! i haven't been on a cruise and didn't want to spend the time worrying about "oh my gosh, i need internet to see if i can get this online before i buy it!" LOL.
I agree that the Tervis mugs are a great idea. I also would personally like a Christmas ornament, but I know some people are super picky about their Christmas trees having to match.

I understand that all too well! I used to hate getting ornaments as gifts. My parents have been sending me ornaments as gifts for decades and as a young adult, I thought it was so cheesy but now i LOVE them and look forward to them every year, even if they don't match our tree!

Thank you!!! I greatly appreciate all of the ideas!! I appreciate it! i haven't been on a cruise and didn't want to spend the time worrying about "oh my gosh, i need internet to see if i can get this online before i buy it!" LOL.

I understand that all too well! I used to hate getting ornaments as gifts. My parents have been sending me ornaments as gifts for decades and as a young adult, I thought it was so cheesy but now i LOVE them and look forward to them every year, even if they don't match our tree!

Too funny! My how our perspectives change as we get older and have children of our own.

I'm a teacher and thinking back to the gift shops onboard, the first thing(s) I thought I'd love as a teacher gift were the DCL Tervis mug or a cute DCL tote bag.

How long has her teacher been teaching? I ask because she may have way too many coffee mugs already. I sure do. I think the magnet idea would be good. Our classrooms have magnetic white/black boards and there are also the file cabinets. We are always hanging papers.

How long has her teacher been teaching? I ask because she may have way too many coffee mugs already. I sure do. I think the magnet idea would be good. Our classrooms have magnetic white/black boards and there are also the file cabinets. We are always hanging papers.
edited b/c i misread your question, i believe 20 years or so. i will definitely keep my eyes open for magnets.

Wow, the teacher's compile wish lists for their Christmas gifts?!!? That is a little presumptuous. I'm a teacher and would never send parents a list of things to get me. However, I am a middle school/high school teacher and by that time students have pretty much stopped giving Christmas gifts. I suppose I could see the elementary PTA sending a questionnaire or something to teachers to help parents get gifts. But I really hope the teacher didn't send out a list herself, that seems kind of unprofessional.

Anyway, back to the question....I have gotten a few Disney presents from students though throughout the years and they are always themed to my favorite characters. So perhaps getting the teacher a fun pin with her favorite character on it would be appreciated.

Wow, the teacher's compile wish lists for their Christmas gifts?!!? That is a little presumptuous. I'm a teacher and would never send parents a list of things to get me. However, I am a middle school/high school teacher and by that time students have pretty much stopped giving Christmas gifts. I suppose I could see the elementary PTA sending a questionnaire or something to teachers to help parents get gifts. But I really hope the teacher didn't send out a list herself, that seems kind of unprofessional.

Anyway, back to the question....I have gotten a few Disney presents from students though throughout the years and they are always themed to my favorite characters. So perhaps getting the teacher a fun pin with her favorite character on it would be appreciated.
The school compiles a little questionnaire on each teacher at the school (favorite color, animal, hobbies, background, pets, etc) so that the parents may better purchase a christmas or appreciation gift. I actually like it b/c then we aren't all contributing to a random gift card to somewhere she won't use or want. For christmas, we raised money to buy her an iPad for the classroom. I remember last year, we sent a christmas gift to her kindergarten teacher and I included gift cards to the places she liked to shop and then a mug or something i can't remember that met the things she enjoyed on the list. I can't attest to middle or high school protocol b/c we are only in first grade LOL.

I would get her teacher something nice from one of the ports. Those would be more unique than something with Disney on it IMO.

I don't know if they're still on the shops for sure but my wife, (teaches 2nd grade) bought one of the coffee mugs shaped like the top funnels on the ships, she absolutely loves that mug. So do I actually, I wish we had bought an entire set. They are great coffee cups.

I would get her teacher something nice from one of the ports. Those would be more unique than something with Disney on it IMO.
our only port is nassau and CC and we are staying on board for nassau, but i'll look for something at CC! didn't even think of that! thanks!

When I was on the Fantasy last year I bought a post-it note set, magnet, and book that all ended up in my classroom. I think a Tervis cup and tote bag are also good ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter