Attention South Carolina and Georgia Cruisers!!

Peter, if it makes a difference in whether you stay near the airport or venture out towards HH, be aware that it's VERY dark between SAV and HH. Also, HH has a sign ordinance that keeps all signs very small and unobtrusive. All commercial properties also have lots of trees. It makes for a very lovely island because the commercial strip isn't nearly so ugly, but it can also make it difficult to find someplace you haven't been before when you're looking for it in the dark.

Teri, I sent an e-mail to the same person using your link. I heard back...that person is no longer at HH but is now at Port Orleans/Dixie landing. He said he would forward my e-mail to the right person, but so far nothing.

Here are my thoughts on the dinner get together.
Low Country Boil

Pros: Lots of fun!
Kids would like it
inexpensive
I don't have to cook!LOL!
easy clean up
Cons:
We would have to make sure we had a place to do it. The "grill areas " would work but they have no water at them.Just a grill and a table. The Beach House would be great, but I don't know if Disney would allow it. Maybe the beach itself? Phyillis, is there a restriction on fires on the beach?
Weather may be a factor (could we do it in a unit? Just cook outside, but serve and eat inside?)

Shopping for it. Not REALLy a "problem" but someone would have to do it. I would be happy to bring the shrmip from Charleston:D . I might even be able to convince DH to go "shrimping" the day before we leave. He caught some yummy shrimp a few weeks ago!

A Private Chef
Pros: No work involved at all! Just show up!
I don't have to cook!
NO clean up!
Menu sounds wonderful (and great reviews on the DIS board)
We get to see what a Grand Villa looks like!

Cons: I would have to find a place for the kids (or leave them in room with a movie) HEY.... this could be a Pro!!!!
kinda pricey (80. for the two of us) We could eat a LOT of shrimp and crab for 80.00!

Dinner Cruise
Pros: It's a cruise!LOL
New and different, I have not done one before (Well not on a small boat anyway
;) )
both sound yummy!
Cons:
I found on our last trip many of the fun "seasonal" stuff was not operating.
Again..Weather may be a factor

Peter..I would not try just "showing up" at Disney. The property is MUCH smaller then most at WDW. I saw 3 people turned away when I was checking in on our last trip there in Feb.

Rick...Looking forward to meeting you also!

My earlier comment about the darkness got me to wondering about how much moon there would be. Alas, according to the U.S. Naval Observatory, not much. The moon will be waxing with 16% of the visible disk illuminated.

Also, fyi, sunrise on 2/16 will be 7:05 a.m., and sunset will be 6:10 p.m. I guess that's why the beach house closes at 6:00 that time of year.

Mary....and everyone..............

There is a no burning on the beach ordinance.

I agree with Mary....I could eat a lot of shrimp for 80.00
and
were you planning on the cruise being after sunet...if so...there is nothing to see..
maybe the lights from the shore...but remember...this is not New York...no tall
buildings....like Dave said....it is DARK here

and
a catering firm might do a dinner for everyone on site

Miss Ginger the travel agent.....you can check all of that out.

Did anyone think of an Oyster Roast????? Personally, I don't like them...but a lot of
people do. You could have hdogs, and stuff for the non-oyster people and kids.

Like I said...I can always get the guys to help out...as long as they get FED. Eating is
a fireman's life!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep me informed.
Phyllis

Mary,
I am glad you let me know that the guy I e-mailed is no longer at
Hilton head. I was getting a little irritated that my e-mail had not been answered. The link I used was one Ginger was given. She also had a Phone # listed on her post. At least we have time to get our Questions answered and fine tune details.

Teri

There is an airport here and I believe it's US AIR that flys here. Sometimes the rates are
cheaper than SAV and sometimes they are not..just depends. SAV airport is 1 hour away
from the time you leave my office. You get directly on I-95 and stay on it until you get to
Hwy. 278...which comes directly to the Island.........That's when it gets DARK...lol

HH Airport is like 10 mins from the resort.

In SAV there is shuttle service called Low Country Adventures.

Gotta go do some WORK now.
Phyllis

I am sorry that the email link did not work, I got it directly from CM William at Hilton Head who I spoke to on the day I posted.

As far as the dinner cruises, I did say that they may be seasonal at Hilton Head. We here in Maryland, have dinner cruises leaving the docks of the Inner Harbor in Baltimore all year round, they just cruise around the bay... at night...in the dark. The boats have lights, heat, bathrooms everything a restaurant has. They are party boats by night and sightseeing boats during the day.

Maybe we should just forget all the cruises, chefs, and low country boils and just go with everyone bringing a dish. I believe we all have some kind of kitchen. We could all pitch in for shrimp, crabs and oysters. We could make or buy dips and put together or buy some easy salads. If the beach house is not that far away maybe could gather there with our dishes or even order Pizza or Chinese or both. This way no worries about where to put the kids, open fires, feeding the firemen, hiring caterers or chefs, missing the boat and spending to much money.

Pros: Fun, Easy, Relaxing, No rushing to get somewhere on time. Very casual dress.
Cons: Who going to pick up the phone and call the order in?????

I am sure that "Miss Phyllis", lol...could advise us on the best carry-out food...on her island.:D

LOL! You guys are tooooo much!!!!! :D :D :D :D

I found out I can get the time off work (I was worried ... jan & feb are PEAK season in my office) and I joined the Disney Club so I got better rate! YIPEE!!!!!!!

It doesn't matter to us what we eat ... as long as we do eat! It is just dh and I, so no kids to consider with our party. This sounds like soooooooooooooooooooo much fun! I can hardly wait!!!!!

RellingTwin~ I guess I have to go allllllllllllllllllll the way down there to meet you since I missed you at the RAD on 9/29!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Ya'll are cracking me up here......

Maybe everyone should just come to MY HOUSE....lol We have a golf course in the back
and we could spill over on to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are lots of delivery places here MISS GINGER....oh by the way thanks for sending
me the navigators........and were Kelly and Natalee still on the ship???

OK....back to the shindig.......I don't think the beach house has a big enough room for
everyone. I've only been in it once and can't remember.. If the resort is sold out that
weekend....maybe you can book the room in the lodge and like Ginger said...do some
sort of pot luck....with pizza and chinese delivery or pick up. Disney used to have a
pizza delivery to the resort, I don't know if they still do or not. Mary might know.

Anyway, whatever ya'll decide...

I hope everyone has a great holiday....we are leaving for ORL as soon as I can get
away from HERE. We will be having T'giving dinner at the Wilderness Lodge.

And Ginger....I can't believe you don't want to feed FIREMEN...they are the best....they
can eat our left overs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shoot...they'll eat anybody's left overs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later
Phyllis
:cool:

<font color=orange size=6> I would like to wish everyone a

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

:rolleyes:

If you are looking for group information about HH, please do not write to the e-mail address that Ginger gave (ryan.harrington@disney.com). The best way is to call the resort directly at 843-341-4150. I no longer work in HH and am unable to help with group reservations. Thanks!

Ryan

Thank you Ryan for taking the time to register and post the correct information. I am sorry if the information I posted earlier has caused any inconvenieces to anyone.

I have deleted the post with the wrong info.

We are back. I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!We went to Washington DC to spend Turkey Day with my oldest sister and her family. We had a wonderful time,but the changes in the "tourist" stuff was very evident. All bags, backpacks ect are checked going into any government building. Many streets are now closed and parking in DC itsefl (which is NEVER easy) is now a nightmare! Under normal circumstances we would have done a tour of the White House (my sis works for the White House) but all tours have been cancelled. From my sister's house you can hear the F15 and F16 fighter jets that are flying around the city at all times.
It's good to be home!
I got an e-mail from Shirley at the Perfect Gift. She and Norm may join us at Hilton Head!!I will drop her a note tomorrow. After 8 hours on the road...I am hitting the hay!

We just got back as well. We met Shirley and Norm on Wednesday. She hadn't mentioned the possibility of joining us at HH, but that'd be great! They're both delightful.

We may not be able to make it to HH! :( DH says that since we plan on WDW in May and HOPEFULLY DCL on 9/28/02, that is too much disney!!! I know, I never could imagine TOO much disney?!?!?!?!?!? Anyway, I am working on him! I will really hate to miss meeting all you guys! I hope you will all have great time!

Lynette, I do hope you can come to HH! Keep us posted.

Teri, I LOVE the link you posted. Thanks!
See you all in 82 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter