At Poly now---monorail closed from 11-6!

Anyone heading back to the resort in the afternoon, or anyone heading out for ADRs ...

So ... a ton of people I would imagine ?

Exactly what I am thinking! If the monorail is still down from 11 to 6 in three weeks, it totally screws my plans and ADR and Fast Pass + choices.

Yeah...I KNOW people taking midday breaks or who have lunch ADR's, but the boats still work to the Poly and GF and you can walk to CR. I see it as a non issue.

Oh I would be so upset! We stay at the GF & the perk for us is totally the monorail. If it were down those hours the whole time we were there, my heart would sink. But I would not let it ruin my trip. I would stay at the Poly & like PPs suggested, try other monorails or the boat. Once you figure out how to do it it may not be that big of a deal. Hang in there & truly try not to let it bring you down too much so that you can simply enjoy your trip! ;)

Arent the monorails bidirectional? Simply run the monorail back and forth from Poly to MK, avoiding the GF construction all together. Doesn't solve the problem for GF but does for Poly and Contemp.

Yeah...I KNOW people taking midday breaks or who have lunch ADR's, but the boats still work to the Poly and GF and you can walk to CR. I see it as a non issue.

Yes, but what if you have ADR in MK AND fastpass + in Epcot with only an hour or less to get there? If you don't get n the bus fast enough, you are screwed.

The monorail is just one of many upgrades that the Poly has over POR. Wishes from the beach, a TS resaurant on the grounds, and bigger rooms just to name a few. There is no way they should discount the room down to POR prices. I would say discount the rooms exactly one half the difference between WL and Poly. The main reason for only half of that is that the monorail is open for rope drop and after 6.

They must be building the deck at the GF villas. Totally understandable that they have to have it closed.

Aside from that, there really is no need to be mad over it. I love the launch from WL to MK, but last time I was there, the day we went to MK was a thunderstorm most of the day and the launch was shutdown. I understood and took the bus.

1) We stayed at The Grand (as CM's call it) during the Grand Floridian DVC construction.
2) The monorail was shutdown from 11:00am-6:00pm
. . . the notice gave those as "possible" hours
. . . most of the time, the monorail was only shutdown for 2-4 hours
3) There was only a minor inconvenience
. . . we always took the boat during monorail shutdown periods
. . . the put on extra boats on the construction days
. . . there was also a bus if we wished to use it
4) Yes, some people REALLY complained
. . . some were extremely vocal and boisterous
. . . the managers just looked at them and let them spout
. . . then, the manager said there was nothing to be done
. . . no cash compensation or other comp's
. . . however, the guest had the right to move to another resort

5) PERSONALLY SPEAKING
. . . we couldn't see the reason for the loud complaints
. . . things happen
. . . sure, a minor inconvenience, but only during the afternoon
. . . however, the boat was a good alliterative, and they were frequent
. . . people could/should be more flexible
. . . it is just a "speed bump on the road of life"

If it's a non-issue then why the need for the monorail at all?? Sorry, but I disagree with your statement.

I'm with the OP, if I paid all that money for the Poly I'd be upset too -- especially since it seems Disney knew and did not notify people of the daily closure. I understand the need to vent.

I would be extremely upset to. If I was booked at the Poly and had I paid $$$ and the monorail was down during my stay since I use a ECV it would have inconvenienced me greatly especially since I would not have the option to use the boat from the Poly to MK as I understand ECVs are not permitted aboard.

I feel the OP is Definately right to be upset.

I'd definitely be upset! We are paying extra to stay at a monorail resort later this year. We have 3 kiddos under 5 years old and being able to push our stroller onto the monorail (If it's not too crowded) is one of the main reasons we booked at the resort. We will be coming back and forth for mid afternoon naps everyday. I think a free night or some sort of compensation would be appropriate, especially since the closure is for more than one day.

just curious, who gave you this info , that ihis would only be down for 2 weeks,, and why only the poly ?

just curious, who gave you this info , that ihis would only be down for 2 weeks,, and why only the poly ?

Just chatted w/ WDW as I check in 10/13, in fact will be down 11-6 daily until 10/19. Doesn't help with resort loop, but from Poly if I remember correctly short walk to TTC and then can monorail to MK?

Not as easy but I think that's a reasonable monorail option?

They can't sell you a trip, including amenities, then you get there, have paid, and those amenities aren't offered.

Yes they can. Every convenience is subject to availability. And it is very rare for Disney to offer monetary compensation for a resort amenity being out of service, let alone offer it for one that is still in partial service. It isn't totally unavailable, only part of the time and only part of the whole beam. I'm not saying I would be happy about it, but it would only be a small hiccup. There are other ways to get to the MK, and quite frankly, more reliable ways.

Honestly, I would take the boat. The monorail has been having more than its fair share of issues.

If it's a non-issue then why the need for the monorail at all?? Sorry, but I disagree with your statement.

I'm with the OP, if I paid all that money for the Poly I'd be upset too -- especially since it seems Disney knew and did not notify people of the daily closure. I understand the need to vent.

There is no "need" for the monorail. It is a non-essential offering (meaning the resorts would function just fine without it). It sure does make things fun/nice/magical and I enjoy the heck out of it. I stand by my opinion that one can manage their vacation without it from the hours of 11am-6pm. YMMV.

There is no "need" for the monorail. It is a non-essential offering (meaning the resorts would function just fine without it). It sure does make things fun/nice/magical and I enjoy the heck out of it. I stand by my opinion that one can manage their vacation without it from the hours of 11am-6pm. YMMV.
tell that to everyone who is paying more for a monorail resort for ease of MK access with strollers. I would be totally honked off if I spent $300+ per night and there was no monorail service for half the day.

If Disney charges more for the resort rooms than a comparable deluxe resort, say the Yacht and Beach, then Disney itself has put a value on the amenity (the monorail transportation). In that case, there should be compensation.

If Disney charges more for the resort rooms than a comparable deluxe resort, say the Yacht and Beach, then Disney itself has put a value on the amenity (the monorail transportation). In that case, there should be compensation.

I absolutely agree that Disney should do something to compensate for the inconvenience. I'd be willing to bet that if those really put out by this were to take their concerns to the hotel manager they would be given something.

That's funny. I'm here now and did not get a letter or see any signs saying it would be down. As a matter of fact I am sitting in my room at Aoteroa and the monorail has passed by my window several times in both directions. Very strange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter