at asmu now...some probs

Paigesmom2013

DIS Veteran
We checked in to music today and so far im a little disappointed. I did online check in and they didn't have any party names in the system. No biggie but I know I put them in there online. Got bottom floor request but not in desired building. Okay. But I had to ask twice for a pack n play and called last week for fridge for infant needs. Cm sounded a little snotty when I called about it, but it fridge came soon after. (I read the dis boards, duh.) The big thing is they can't find my package of diapers from target that was delivered Tuesday. My red card has been charged, we are running out of diapers and no one seemed to care the package is missing. Seems like pass the buck situation. Oh and the hot water wasn't working for awhile so my child took an ice cold bath....

I am trying to stay positive...pools nice, cm gave our daughters a plush. I even think the food court dinner was good. Its just a bad first impression and I wanted to stay on site for a our first visit.

Sorry that happened to you. But hey, you're in Disney, have a good time! This little bump is nothing compared to the Disney magic! :cool1:

It is frustrating when things go wrong at the beginning of your vacation. Hopefully, things will get sorted out and improve. ::goodvibes

Sending you some pixie dust! vvpixiedust: I hope the bump is over. I hope the rest of your stay will be magical! :smickey::smickey::goofy::donald::tigger:

:( ... The hard part is over .... Onward and upward from here .... Quick question please I can not find an answer anywhere .... Are you in a family suite ? Are the family suite fridges affected ?

Have you gone to the front desk at the resort? Phone call are answered at a call center, they are not that much help.

For the diapers - did Target give you a tracking number? Maybe the package got delivered to a different All Stars Resort.

I hope everything gets figured out and you have a great trip.

:( ... The hard part is over .... Onward and upward from here .... Quick question please I can not find an answer anywhere .... Are you in a family suite ? Are the family suite fridges affected ?

We have 2 suites and both have fridges. We are being told the suites were not affected.:thumbsup2

For the diapers - did Target give you a tracking number? Maybe the package got delivered to a different All Stars Resort.

I hope everything gets figured out and you have a great trip.

Checking the tracking number is a good idea. If Target/UPS is saying it was delivered and the resort is saying it wasn't, obviously someone isn't being truthful. This happened to a friend of mine with a pair of shoes and she got the sender to reship the shoes overnight. As the mother of four kids, I can only imagine how it would feel to be running low on diapers. And being told to not worry, I'm in the middle of the magic would make me homicidal, not happy. I really, really hope things improve for you.

SO sorry to hear that things aren't going well! I hope that all will get better from here on especially that you find the missing diapers!

Hope that the rest of your trip is magical!

I'm in agreement with the last few pps.

Try going to the front desk and CALMLY and Politely (hard I know, but they will be more willing to help when you are calm and polite). If you have one, make sure to bring the tracking number with you. I would then explain the situation (you had diapers sent ahead and are seeming to get the run around and are now running out of diapers).

If they can't be found you should always be able to do a charge back to your card. (doesn't help you fix the lack of diapers but at least you aren't paying for diapers that don't exist.)

Good Luck!

Some shipping services do not ship directly to resorts but to a shipping center. I think Fed Ex is one that does that. Last summer we shipped a package to POR via UPS and received it. I ordered sunglasses through REI and they shipped through another carrier and were never delivered to the resort. They ended up being returned to the company.

The one item I would be livid about would be no hot water.

That would have gotten me to the front desk, and I probably wouldn't have been very polite. I know things break, but no hot water would be like no electricity, imho.

If you still dont have hot water I recommend going to front desk right away and asking if they can move you. It is Sept. and after this weekend the crowds will go way down. Dont settle for a room that you are miserable in. You are not asking for anything out of the ordinary. We stayed at POR once and our room reeked of cigarette smoke I told front desk and asked if we could move, they said they would have someone in and deodorize it...They sent in a guy with two cans of lysol who sprayed the room and curtains...after he left we went to the front desk to request a room change again and after some convincing they moved us. Your family should have hot water and good luck finding your package . You are in Disney at my very favorite time of the year, enjoy! pixiedust:

We stayed at POR once and our room reeked of cigarette smoke I told front desk and asked if we could move, they said they would have someone in and deodorize it...They sent in a guy with two cans of lysol who sprayed the room and curtains...

Not even an ionizer? :mad: Glad to hear they moved you. :)

OP, I hope the "no hot water" thing was temporary and that they've tracked your diapers down by now. Like Gorechick, I've heard that some shipping systems do poorly at delivering to WDW resorts; stuff gets held at a shipping center for some reason. Hopefully the tracking number will get everything cleared up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!