As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

I think my Resort Changer saga is finally over...

I originally booked 4 nights at Pop for 4/30-5/4, because we'll really only need the room for sleeping and showering. Then, I remembered that WWS has a cheerleading competition that weekend, and Pop would be overrun with screeching teens. It's going to be my last trip for several years, and I have the money, so I decided to switch to Beach Club. Despite being listed as available online, the phone agent told me that only club level rooms were available. I ended up settling with CSR, but I couldn't get Beach Club off my mind.

I called again a few days later, and got the same availability story from that cast member. I pushed back a little, telling him that the room type that I'm looking for is available online. After 45 minutes and at least two calls to Guest Services, I got the Beach Club reservation I wanted.

Perseverance pays off :)

I originally booked 4 nights at Pop for 4/30-5/4, because we'll really only need the room for sleeping and showering. Then, I remembered that WWS has a cheerleading competition that weekend, and Pop would be overrun with screeching teens. It's going to be my last trip for several years, and I have the money, so I decided to switch to Beach Club. Despite being listed as available online, the phone agent told me that only club level rooms were available. I ended up settling with CSR, but I couldn't get Beach Club off my mind.

I called again a few days later, and got the same availability story from that cast member. I pushed back a little, telling him that the room type that I'm looking for is available online. After 45 minutes and at least two calls to Guest Services, I got the Beach Club reservation I wanted.

Yay! Great news! I remember a trip in 2009, I think, when we booked Movies for fun and to save some money, and then decided to switch to BC. The whole trip, I was SO HAPPY about the change. So glad you kept working on the switch from CBR to BC and that it all worked out!

Hi! I'm not sure were to begin, but I really feel like this board could help me.

In feb 2014, we went (for the first time in almost 30 yrs)for 5 nights & stayed at POR. Loved POR, but thinking of a change. In talking to my sis & BIL, I thought that access to MK was a priority. However, he is suggesting things that don't have anything but bus access.

Our options:
AKL Studio (dvc point rental would let us add a full day for less than we paid last year.)

Beach Club (Stormalong Bay looks appealing, but it will be the 1st week of Feb)

Wilderness Lodge (I feel it is a strong contender)

Poly (which is my dream, but dependent on price/discount.)

I just want a place to tentatively plan on. It's making me batty.

Our Group:
My parents (67-70ish)
My Aunt (60)
My DH & kids(DDs will be 5 & 8)
My Sis, BIL & DNiece (will be 3)

What do you suggest? We need 4 rooms. Do not really wan to share...

Thank you all so much! We are going to AL for spring break in 2 wks, but of course I'm stressing over the one almost a year out!
The thing with the DVC studios is that it only has 1 queen bed, and a pull out sofa, which would be fine for some, that don't need to be pulling a sofa bed in and out every day. At AKL there are 2 size studios, value size is 315 sq ft, the deluxe size is larger.

I'd look at WL. Since you'll prob be spending a lot of time there with young children. Rooms have either 2 queens (or 1 King), and option of bunk beds with 1 queen. Your kids may find the bunk beds fun! And they wouldn't have to share a bed.

That has happened to me as well. I know I am not crazy, it's on my laptop right now....it just takes a great CM to keep looking to find it and ultimately get Guest services if need be. Congrats!

The Dis GF thread is very friendly. Full of helpful people. One of our fav things was watching Wishes from the patio of Gasperillas. We'd arrive early and grab a table, go in and order dinner, they deliver it to you outside. If you have wine they also provide those plastic wine glasses, fun! So many things to love about GF. Catch the Parasol parade one morning. I think it's 2x a week.
Agreed!

Kim tell k&a&c'smom Jeanette and Sue sent ya!

Well, in looking at some things, we can actually fly down and drive back for cheaper than driving both ways. One option is using miles for 2 of us and paying OOP for the other 2, getting in at 2:30 on Saturday. The other option is flying in Friday night and staying somewhere onsite that night, then checking in to the Poly 1st thing Saturday morning (maybe breakfast at Kona?)

I don't necessarily mind the spread out feel! Growing up, we stayed at Fort Wilderness cabins and Saratoga Springs a lot, both of which are pretty sprawling! CBR has the pirate rooms we think are a ton of fun but it looks like those rooms are pretty remote. Someone else suggested Port Orleans French Quarter for a smaller resort with a fun theme, but I don't think I could step foot in that food court. The giant parade float people are creepy!
I know what you mean about POFQ, I stayed there once and it was disappointing.

I would much rather walk amongst gorgeous grounds than down dark endless hallways in a tower hotel! :sunny:

Hmmmm, thinking about switching from 8 night stay mid August from Poly to BC. I'm thinking with only one pool open at the Poly, it will be crazy busy there. We like the quiet pool and the kids go off to the main pool. BC's pool is quite large and has a quiet pool that is open. What ya'll think?

I ended up keeping Poly and added a few days at the end and staying at BC. Staying at both now! :cloud9:

My resort changing saga continues.... just need to get confirmation from a friend that she can actually go.
Currently booked at Pop May 19-26.... probably going to change to WL.
I seriously have a problem lol

I have a new item I can't make up my mind on (room and adr are ok). Can't decide if I want to try out Memory maker or not. Never used it before. It is quite a bit but I don't take good photos lol. I will be having breakfast with Darth Vader during my trip as well which comes with a photo or so I've read. If I get it, then I'm assuming that any photo taken on a ride would be included? How far in advance do you have to buy to get the advance purchase rate, and what would be the latest?

Well, I'm offically a member of this group! I originally had our three night May trip booked at Polynesian, but after looking at all the construction photos, videos and descriptions, I bailed and booked the Grand Floridian. Now the WDW website is showing a Contemporary Theme Park View Atrium Club room available for our dates that previously was not. It's $200 more per night than our room at the GF, but I'm thinking that maybe being able to walk to MK and the club lounge offerings might ease the sting a bit. Decisions, decisions...

:grouphug: Hello, my RC friends and newcomers! It has been ages since I have stopped by (keeping up on FB is so much easier and I've not had a trip planned in a very long time).​

Just want to wish you all a Happy St. Paddy's Day and First Day of Spring next week! :shamrock: :grouphug:

It's Spring! YAY Summer discounts are out DOUBLE YAY! I did price out WL CL for August but I'm sticking with BC, partly because I'm outvoted LOL. Pixar you're almost there!!

Some changes....I added on 3 nights at Universal to our trip at HRH CL, I now have WDW and Universal APs!!!

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, in 40 days I will be at YC CL enjoying my first F&G with my DD10, DD8, DD7, and DS6 with some DISmeets in the making!

It's Spring! YAY Summer discounts are out DOUBLE YAY! I did price out WL CL for August but I'm sticking with BC, partly because I'm outvoted LOL. Pixar you're almost there!!

Some changes....I added on 3 nights at Universal to our trip at HRH CL, I now have WDW and Universal APs!!!

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, in 40 days I will be at YC CL enjoying my first F&G with my DD10, DD8, DD7, and DS6 with some DISmeets in the making!

Hooray for the countdown! Won't be long until you're enjoying those beautiful gardens, the butterflies, and of course, the snack room! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter