As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

Hello, all! OK after so many years on Disboards, how is it possible that I'm only finding this thread today?:confused: I cannot believe there are so many people doing what I thought was a "ME thing"! My whole family endlessly harps on me about my changing behavior. Honestly, the changing exists for me bc i just want my family to have the best vacation possible for the best price and at the best use of time. Nothing wrong with that right?
Thanks to all of you, I not only know I'm not alone but, also have a valid argument for my updgrades, switches when prices change, and forever altering my dining reservations!
Thank you all! :tigger:

Hello, all! OK after so many years on Disboards, how is it possible that I'm only finding this thread today?:confused: I cannot believe there are so many people doing what I thought was a "ME thing"! My whole family endlessly harps on me about my changing behavior. Honestly, the changing exists for me bc i just want my family to have the best vacation possible for the best price and at the best use of time. Nothing wrong with that right?
Thanks to all of you, I not only know I'm not alone but, also have a valid argument for my updgrades, switches when prices change, and forever altering my dining reservations!
Welcome! :welcome:
We understand. ::yes:: I change resorts less these days. Dining? Gosh, that changes all the time. :laughing:
And...I had to smile when I saw your ticker. I think we're vacationing in the same timeframe. :beach:

:wave:Welcome to your new support group! :D That is exactly the same reason for my changing behavior. Best price, best experience. Of course my idea of " best experience" changes all the time too :laughing:.

An update, and yet another ticker changes....
So let us recap my summer trip....

Initially booked Poly GV CL with the magical Tikifest rate
Went on my December trip and booked GF SL for August with a bounceback offer
Changed Poly to November for my DS15's school trip
Changed November to BC GV CL :)

Changed GF SL to Poly GV CL for early August :(
Changed Poly to AKL CL
Now....we are at BWI SV CL for the summer :)

I won't even talk about the beach or Universal portion....

Wow I think you've got me beat! I have BWI in my sights for a quick early December trip, I'd love to know how you like it!

I only have a couple of minor changes to my upcoming September trip, we decided to fly down a day early and stay at POFQ for a night before checking into Poly, and we decided to rent points on a studio villa. :flower:

You are most definitely not alone!!

Welcome! :welcome:
We understand. ::yes:: I change resorts less these days. Dining? Gosh, that changes all the time. :laughing:
And...I had to smile when I saw your ticker. I think we're vacationing in the same timeframe. :beach:
:hug:

Wow I think you've got me beat! I have BWI in my sights for a quick early December trip, I'd love to know how you like it!

I only have a couple of minor changes to my upcoming September trip, we decided to fly down a day early and stay at POFQ for a night before checking into Poly, and we decided to rent points on a studio villa. :flower:
WOOHOO an extra day!

Soooooooooooooooooo.....................

Here's the last 24 hours in a nutshell....
Booked a weekend with DH in April (April Fool's Day to be exact) booked YC SV CL with the AP rate

Today
changed to YC SV
changed to BWI CL
changed to BC SV

Not to mention ADR and FP.....

I AM GOING TO FLOWER & GARDEN :flower::flower::daisy::rose::daisy::flower::flower:

You are most definitely not alone!!

:hug:

WOOHOO an extra day!

Soooooooooooooooooo.....................

Here's the last 24 hours in a nutshell....
Booked a weekend with DH in April (April Fool's Day to be exact) booked YC SV CL with the AP rate

Today
changed to YC SV
changed to BWI CL
changed to BC SV

I AM GOING TO FLOWER & GARDEN :flower::flower::daisy::rose::daisy::flower::flower:

I really love Flower & Garden! Can't wait to get down there! Should be a great trip for you, you're DH loves YC, right?

I really love Flower & Garden! Can't wait to get down there! Should be a great trip for you, you're DH loves YC, right?

He does love BC! But he said any Epcot resort works for him. Dropping CL saved over $300 which is huge since airfare was ridiculous lol
Hooray for Flower and Garden Festival!! I love it too! :butterfly:flower1::daisy:
And extra savings is always great! :goodvibes

Hooray for Flower and Garden Festival!! I love it too! :butterfly:flower1::daisy:
And extra savings is always great! :goodvibes
Thanks Ginny! Trying to hold strong! It's not easy, but I know we love BC and we will be in EPCOT so much we won't need CL (want yes, need no..lol)

Today
changed to YC SV
changed to BWI CL
changed to BC SV

I AM GOING TO FLOWER &

:worship:

I've never been to F&G, I'm jealous! Someday....:cloud9:. Yea for saving on the room! I know, what's up with airfares being so high lately??

My people! I can't stop changing our resorts, my husband doesn't even want to talk to me about it anymore. I'm currently at AKL and GF but I just don't know. I'm thinking of changing to Poly and GF but now I don't know which one I want a TPV at. I'm glad I'm not the only one though. I can't even change using MDE anymore so I have to call every time . The last lady I spoke to reassured me that most of what she does is modifications and people like me give her job security lol :cool1:

For our july vacation i was booked at pop the french quarter and now we rented points for a delux studio at the polynesian. Good thing i cant change my mind anymore. Haha.

:worship:

I've never been to F&G, I'm jealous! Someday....:cloud9:. Yea for saving on the room! I know, what's up with airfares being so high lately??
So excited! I'm happy I've made excellent use of my AP this year :)

My people! I can't stop changing our resorts, my husband doesn't even want to talk to me about it anymore. I'm currently at AKL and GF but I just don't know. I'm thinking of changing to Poly and GF but now I don't know which one I want a TPV at. I'm glad I'm not the only one though. I can't even change using MDE anymore so I have to call every time . The last lady I spoke to reassured me that most of what she does is modifications and people like me give her job security lol :cool1:
Poly has a better TPV than GF, only my opinion of course. But the GF is soooooo ahhhhhhh my hubby is done with my changing, but he knows better. I am impressed you broke the computer system. There is special files for people like us I know it ;)

For our july vacation i was booked at pop the french quarter and now we rented points for a delux studio at the polynesian. Good thing i cant change my mind anymore. Haha.
Ah the unchangeable DVC rental. Sounds great!

Okay, sooooooo, are we still changing resorts or WHAT! With my son in college and my DH and I paying every red cent....let's just say we haven't been Disney planning lately. Our last trip was Summer 2014 BUT.....we are about to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and we are thinking of a Disney trip for two this August. YES August 2016. My DS21 the Kidult, will be about to enter his Sr. year and will be working on an internship over the summer and my DS15 will be attending a football combine so.....let the Resort Changing BEGIN..... I sure do miss this.....From what I see, every resort is under refurbishment....Help me.....mean it.....my head is spinning.....I'm BAAAACKKKK

Okay, sooooooo, are we still changing resorts or WHAT! With my son in college and my DH and I paying every red cent....let's just say we haven't been Disney planning lately. Our last trip was Summer 2014 BUT.....we are about to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and we are thinking of a Disney trip for two this August. YES August 2016. My DS21 the Kidult, will be about to enter his Sr. year and will be working on an internship over the summer and my DS15 will be attending a football combine so.....let the Resort Changing BEGIN..... I sure do miss this.....From what I see, every resort is under refurbishment....Help me.....mean it.....my head is spinning.....I'm BAAAACKKKK
Welcome back my friend :hug: August?? OOooOOOOoooOOO dates? We will be there 7/28-8/5, then over to Universal. So much construction, refurbs, decisions....wait I see your ticker! Our dates may overlap. Except we are at WDW first then HRH

It has been so long that this is the old ticker from my last trip. I have forgotten how to change my ticker...... This entire board has changed. What is this "Like" business? Is it like Facebook? I have missed you my RC buddy. :hug: So glad to have a place to come back to!! :grouphug: I have never stayed at Poly and since it is just the two of us, this could be our chance. However, all I see are refurbishments in all of the resorts I am interested in. No rooms at YC, none at BC, none at CR, and refurbishments at WL and Poly. What is a resort changer to do? :faint:

Ok - I'm officially a member of this thread. In a matter of a month, I've changed the night before our package stay 3 times already. Started at CBR, then went to YC, just changed today to GF. I can't help myself!!!!!!!

Ok - I'm officially a member of this thread. In a matter of a month, I've changed the night before our package stay 3 times already. Started at CBR, then went to YC, just changed today to GF. I can't help myself!!!!!!!
:welcome: It's so easy to change when there's so many amazing choices!!!

It has been so long that this is the old ticker from my last trip. I have forgotten how to change my ticker...... This entire board has changed. What is this "Like" business? Is it like Facebook? I have missed you my RC buddy. :hug: So glad to have a place to come back to!! :grouphug: I have never stayed at Poly and since it is just the two of us, this could be our chance. However, all I see are refurbishments in all of the resorts I am interested in. No rooms at YC, none at BC, none at CR, and refurbishments at WL and Poly. What is a resort changer to do? :faint:
:) Yes it is like Facebook, I agree there's a lot of new changes to the boards. I still haven't figured it all out. I have been eyeing up Poly too, I may have already been booked there twice and changed ;) DH keeps telling me stop looking at tropical things he wants to stay at BWI. I want BC/YC but it's not available. Poly should be pretty much done by August except the DVC Longhouses I think. I totally feel your pain!! :hug:

heh. Here is my list of resorts, we usually don't stay in the same one twice:

2000 - Disney Institute (They changed the name a while back)
2012 - Off site with whole family (over 11 of us)
2015 - The Cabins at Fort Wilderness
2016 (Aug) - Port Orleans - Riverside (Only the 5 of us)
2017 (June) - Fort Wilderness - Camp grounds - In a rented Trailer (There will be 7 of us)

I love staying onsite, so we always have to find the most cost effective way to stay. And we seem to have changed from going once a decade to going every year. Wife getting a full time teaching job for the win, and my promotion and raise didn't hurt either. :)

Enjoying reading the thread, and seeing others that have my problem as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter