Around the World in 7 Days. Day 5 - AK

E.Jane

Mouseketeer
By far, the most attractive park at disney, but alas, not our favorite. My kids don't enjoy the shows, so there were very few attractions they were interested in.

We got there at 9 am, and headed straight to Dinaseur (sp?) to get warm. It was coooold that morning! I didn't care for this ride - too bumpy, although there was one moment when you get that huge blast from the side that was fun! We then took in It's Tough to Be a Bug - scared the bajeepers out of us at the end! Next was Kali Rapids - fun, but too short. Thankfully, I'd packed our ponchos, otherwise we would have been drenched. As it was, Matthew still managed to get quite wet, but fortunately, they had big blow dryers at the exit. We rode it again, and were invited to stay on for a 3rd ride, as there was no one in line. We decline the offer - just too darn cold! We then headed over to the safari - again, no waiting at all. We then strolled through the trek and saw the tigers. At this point, it was 11 am, and our reservations at the Rainforest Cafe weren't until 1pm. The others headed over to do Dinaseur again, while I ran to the restaurant to bump our reservation to noon. No problems in accomodating this request.

We really enjoyed our lunch here. The ribs were deemed the best, my salad was great, and the burger Kevin had was really good too. The total was about $75, including tip. A little on the expensive side, but huge portions and great service.

We left AK after lunch, and let the kids decide where to next. They picked MK. It was quite busy by this time - we actually had to wait 10 minutes for some rides! We had those famous Mickey Mouse ice-cream bars - mmmm, boy are they good!

We stayed right until closing, and managed to ride up front on the monorail. That was cool. We ate at Pepper Market again, and I must admit, I was growing tired of the food here. Unfortunately, it was too cold to swim, so we again hung out in the arcade for a while. If I'd only known what was coming the following day, I would have saved a few bucks!

Jane

wow I'm anxious to see what happened. :)

hipgrl1.gif

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font>
<font color=green>
<font color=FF00CC>Co-Moderator Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies
http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

I really enjoy reading your Posts but I wish you had put the dates down to when you where there for each Post. I like to compare notes about the weather, the crowds etc. but it is hard to do when you don't know what date you are talking about. Just a suggestion! :rolleyes:

I also agree that the ribs at Rainforest are good. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter