Around the World in 4 days. . .Disney World that is!!

Hey hey hey...enough of the boring talk....first week back to school has been super busy and not enough Dis time. I gotta go get my TR updated too.

My DD and I did the Living with the Land ride too as we were waiting for out Fastpass time to get there. I told her she might think it was boring, but she actually liked it. It wasnt too bad at all and I think I have a lot of the same pics too!!!

Keep up the not so boring TR, its great!!

Somehow I quoted the other two and forgot yours, Oh well you get your very own post then.:hippie:

I am glad you are still here mblc. My kids start back to school next week so I am sure I am going to be super busy than too. Come to think of it, it's been super busy this week with all four of them home. Well at least three home right now, I shipped off my DD to her Grandma's house and will pick her up on Sunday.

Being the only one on the trip I don't have alot (or any) pictures of me and my family being cute or getting caught in wierd poses. (I am really not the kind of person to take a pic of myself), so I wanted to warn people that it was a lot of pics of greenery. I like them, but it isn't everyone cup of tea.

I can't wait to see the pics in your TR and compare them to my own.

Thank you, I guess I will keep writting.:woohoo:

Yes, I could not imagine a solo trip. I feel that Disney is all about creating SHARED memories. That being said....I am SO glad you took the leap so that we could all meet in real life! Thank you, Corri!!!! :flower3:

Sitting at my desk at work miles and miles away from my happy place looking at "boring" pictures of said happy place is far from boring! Keep them coming....it helps chase away the Disney blues!

So starting with Canada, I started leisurly making my way around WS.

It was the Flower and Garden show, so I couldn't help but snap a couple of pictures along the way.

Just a side note on the pics, last year I had taken tons of pics of the diffrent areas around WS, but I just didn't feel the urge to do it this year. Put I took a pic of the Topiaries I found.

WaltDisneyWorld2012069.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld2012070.jpg

I forgot to add these pic to yesterday because I saw this when I was still witht the girls. They were making this out of sand for the new Disneynature movie coming out soon called Chimpanzee.

WaltDisneyWorld2012072.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld2012073.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld2012074.jpg

Beauty and the Beast were in France.

WaltDisneyWorld2012075.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld2012076.jpg

Lightning McQueen and Tow Matter were in Japan.

WaltDisneyWorld2012078.jpg

Couldn't resist taking a pic of these huge coi fish. I thought they were just lovely.

WaltDisneyWorld2012079.jpg

Buzz and Woody were in America. Lotso was a little further in but is was surrounded by people. I vowed to come back, but I never did.:sad1:

But then these guys distracted me. . .at least for a little while.;)

WaltDisneyWorld2012080.jpg

This is when I decided to grab myself a frozen lemonade. I know, I know I should have grabbed a lovely snack at France but I just had an urge for one of these frozen goodies. Sorry, no picture.

WaltDisneyWorld2012085.jpg

The Lady and the Tramp found a perfect spot in Italy. I suppose they are looking for some more pasta to chow down on.:lmao:

WaltDisneyWorld2012086.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld2012087.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld2012088.jpg

Can't go to Germany without taking some pictures of the trains, right.:confused3

WaltDisneyWorld2012089.jpg

Found this guy over in China. Just love this guy.

WaltDisneyWorld2012090.jpg

And who can resist the panda bears also at China. Ahh, how cute.

Than I can along Norway. I have always wanted to try Maelstrom but no one would ever go on it with me. So here is my chance, but first I need to slurp down my frozen lemonade. :headache: ouch, brainfreeze.

WaltDisneyWorld2012091.jpg

I thought it was a nice ride. Don't know if I will ever find the urge to ride it again, but it was nice to do once. I definatly would not have done it if I had to wait in a long line to ride it.

WaltDisneyWorld2012092.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld2012093.jpg

Found Peter Pan on the bridge area between FW and WS. Perfect segway since I plan to visit Tinkerbells gardens next, but I will have to post those pics next time.

Just one more flower and gargen show pic before I go.

WaltDisneyWorld2012095.jpg

Yes, I could not imagine a solo trip. I feel that Disney is all about creating SHARED memories. That being said....I am SO glad you took the leap so that we could all meet in real life! Thank you, Corri!!!! :flower3:

Sitting at my desk at work miles and miles away from my happy place looking at "boring" pictures of said happy place is far from boring! Keep them coming....it helps chase away the Disney blues!

Goodness, you must have been writing this when I writing my update because I totally missed this. Oh well, better late than never.

I am glad that I decided to go even though my friend wasn't able to join me. I had a great time, and honestly the lonely bug only hit me from time to time. It was hardest during some of the meals and really on the last day. That being said I am very glad that my next trip will be with my DD. Loved meeting you all too.

I must agree with you, even the "boring" pics at WDW is still more exciting then the daily adventures of life.

You know another way to chase away those Disney Blues, start planning your next trip. I know, I know can't actually do anything until August, but you can still plan some basics . . . that will probably change a hundred times until them. :lmao:

Hi Corrine, I'm finally reading everyone's reviews!! I love all your pictures!!

I can't decide if I'd like a solo trip or not...for all the reasons you listed! I know for sure if I ever did it, though, I'd be taking a TON of pictures. I'd be playing photographer all the time for sure.

Hi Corrine, I'm finally reading everyone's reviews!! I love all your pictures!!

I can't decide if I'd like a solo trip or not...for all the reasons you listed! I know for sure if I ever did it, though, I'd be taking a TON of pictures. I'd be playing photographer all the time for sure.

Glad you made it hear Sandy.:thumbsup2

I had a lot of fun doing a solo trip, it was great being able to do what ever I wanted when I wanted to. I took ove 400 pics, it probably would have been more if it wasn't raining at DAK all day on my last day.;)

Sorry I have been MIA for awhile, you will have an update to my TR in just a couple of minutes.:thumbsup2

So while I was still with D and we were texting back and forth with Lidian, she said that she was at the Fairy Garden's. So when I was heading out of World showcase I couldn't resist on walking through them. I must admite they were quite beautiful and I spent some extra time there soaking up the view.

WaltDisneyWorld2012094.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld2012096.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld2012097.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld2012098.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld2012099.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld2012100.jpg

I hope they will still be around when we go next summer, my DD will love these.

So after looking at the lovely faries I headed to the place I haven't dared to roam before. A place shrounded in mystery and expectations. . .Well at least to me. I head to Mission Space. This was another first in my book. Liam went back and forth with this one, wanted to try it and than wanted nothing to do with it. In the end he opted to ride TT again.

WaltDisneyWorld2012101.jpg

I went to the CM's and told them I wanted to ride the Wossy side. They laughed and handed my a card. While in line I meet a lovely older couple who was there with there family. They had tried the more intense side when they were younger but vowed to do it never again.:lmao:

I enjoyed the ride and am glad that I did it, though I did get a little get a little bit of motion sickness while riding it. I waved goodbye to Gary Sinese and was on my way.

Making my way through Future World I decided to hit my favorites again. So I went on another spin on TT, and another hang glider ride on Soarin'. I than ran over to Spaceship Earth and took a ride. I can't help but addore this ride. I guess I am just a simple girl at heart.

After I was done with these I looked at my phone to see what time it was (really who needs a watch anymore) and saw that I still had a lot of time before my dinner reservation. So I went where I vowed not to go while I was alone. The Seas with Finding Nemo.

WaltDisneyWorld2012102.jpg

Now it isn't that I don't like this ride, it is just that it is definatly a kid ride and I am no spring chicken. Oh well, it's the only way I know to get into the pavillion and I wanted to look at the fish inside. I was just walking around enjoying the sites and didn't even pick up my camera once to shot a picture. I do remember seeing some divers in the tank while in the ride, and while I was looking in the diffrent tanks I saw them again. Two were even talking to there lady friends with sign language on the outside of the tank.:lovestruc

So looking again at the time, I decided to it was close enough to walk over to my dinner reservation. Where was I going to eat do you ask, well being alone I thought it was the perfect time to enjoy Rose & Crown.

WaltDisneyWorld2012104.jpg

My reservation was for about 7:30, so I arrived at about 7:10. They handed me a pager and told me that it could be as much as 15 min late.:headache:

I found a place to sit down and started playing on FB on my phone when it started to rain. Not heavily, but enough to have me going through the shops for a little bit. Once again I was a window shopper and didn't buy anything, there was a lot of nice things though. About 10 minutes later I ventured outside and the brief rain fall had stoppped, so went back to my spot to wait for my buzzer to go off. At this time it was 5 minutes past my reservation.

I recieved a text from D to meet at her room at about 8:45 for our Dis Meet, and I told her that I didn't know if I would make it since I was waiting to get in to eat dinner and didn't know how long it would take once inside.

About 5 minutes later the buzzer went off and I went to eat. At this time I was so hungery that I didn't even think to take a picture of my food. It did come to me only minutes after I ordered it, it was actually there before I got the drink (my only alchol during the trip. Got a pint of beer.) I ordered the Bangers and Mash which was very good, but it was also very heavy and had no vegtible what so ever on the plate. There were three sausages on the plate and a mound of mashed potatoes with bacon. I wolfed down the potatoes but only ate two of the sausages. The beer was slightly bitter, but I loved it and drank the whole glass.

Only about 20 minutes after sitting down to eat, my tummy was full and I was on my way out of Epcot back to the resort. That's right no Illuminations tonight. Will have to catch it next time with my DD.

Couldn't help shotting a night time pic of Spaceship earth while I left.

WaltDisneyWorld2012107.jpg

I didn't have to wait to long (only about 5 minutes) for the bus, and soon I was on my way back to the resort. I took this time to text D that I was on my way back. It was about 8:25 when I got back, so I took a little bit of time to relaxe on my bed for a while and grab some keychains for the girls before I headed out the door.

The four of us headed from POFQ to POR on foot. It was a nice relaxing stroll, it would have been more so if my feet were not killing me and I could feel a blister forming on my right foot. At one point one of D's DD took off here flip flops an started running. Only to come running back at us because a break neck speed because a horse and carriage was coming our way. :rotfl2:

We had a lot of fun at our dismeet even though some of the disers were unable to go. The kids got along very well, which made this one of the moments I was really missing mine. I don't think I talked all that much, but I was so tierd from a full day and not getting alot of sleep the night before. From the look of every one, I was not the only one. We didn't stay that long, all wanting to climb into bed, and were soon saying goodbye.

WaltDisneyWorld2012108.jpg

Soon we were walking back to the resort. I gave D and her girls a hug back by there building, and made the rest of the walk alone to my room. I took a very quick shower, pulled on my pj's, climbed between the sheets, and turned on the TV. Within a few minutes I was fast asleep with the TV still on. Good thing to since I had 8:30 reservations the next morning. Where? Well I guess you will just have to come back and find that out. ;)

Great update Corri! I loved the Fairy Garden pictures - I wish we would have taken the time go visit that spot... We probably would have, if it wouldn't have been pouring rain our second Epcot day.

It was such a fun Dismeet - awesome meeting such wonderful people! Thanks for walking with the girls and I too - I probably would have been creeped out on those dark paths. LOL

D~

Great update Corri! I loved the Fairy Garden pictures - I wish we would have taken the time go visit that spot... We probably would have, if it wouldn't have been pouring rain our second Epcot day.

It was such a fun Dismeet - awesome meeting such wonderful people! Thanks for walking with the girls and I too - I probably would have been creeped out on those dark paths. LOL

D~

I know that day with non stop rain really was a downer. I kept reading on FP everyone wrighting about how it got rid of the crowds and how they were having a great time sticking it out. If it wasn't for the fact that it was my only day at DAK and my last day I would have headed back to my room and got warm under the blankets. But than since it was my last day there was no room to go back to.:)

I wasn't even thinking about it at the time, but when I was writing about it in my update I couldn't help but think how scared I would have been walking by myself. Not to mention I didn't know where to go. See, I knew there was a reason I went to the same resort that you did.:lmao:

I don't think I saw the Iridessa topiary. :headache: I thought I took pictures of all of them, but I must have missed her.

I was very much exhausted at the DISmeet. Glad to see you have a non-photobombed DISmeet picture! :thumbsup2

Glad you had a nice day! Can't wait for more!

Great update! I love the fairy garden pics. We have been in the World during F&G time for two years in a row, and we just never "take time to smell the roses." :rolleyes1 We are all about the rides and shows while we are there. We did hear a little of the Jose Feliciano Flower Power concert going on at World Showcase while we were there....as we were walking by...on our way to a ride! :lmao:

We will be there during the Food and Wine fest next year, I WILL take time to stop and eat the food!!! :rotfl2:

I think your Dismeet pic is the best I have spied on the Disboards yet...and mine is BY FAR the wackiest! DH took a pic with our camera last. :sad2:

Corri~ I don't know if you will get a chance to come on here or not, but I wanted you to know I am thinking about you and your family and praying with a broken heart for all you are going through. :hug:

Oh Corri - I just wanted you to know that I am also here and thinking of you and your family. Many hugs and many prayers coming your way. (((Hugs)))

D~

Somehow I quoted the other two and forgot yours, Oh well you get your very own post then.:hippie:

I am glad you are still here mblc. My kids start back to school next week so I am sure I am going to be super busy than too. Come to think of it, it's been super busy this week with all four of them home. Well at least three home right now, I shipped off my DD to her Grandma's house and will pick her up on Sunday.

Being the only one on the trip I don't have alot (or any) pictures of me and my family being cute or getting caught in wierd poses. (I am really not the kind of person to take a pic of myself), so I wanted to warn people that it was a lot of pics of greenery. I like them, but it isn't everyone cup of tea.

I can't wait to see the pics in your TR and compare them to my own.

Thank you, I guess I will keep writting.:woohoo:

Well, somehow, I had missed this reply as well....:confused3

Great pics of everything at Epcot too. Somehow we always short change the World Showcase. I wanted to go around and take a ton of pics this year from the festival and the farthest we made it was China. And that was only because of the Kim Possible mission. Have to convince the wife to do this, Epcot is not one of her favorite parks....:confused3

Again, so sorry and we continue to pray for your family and are keeping you in our thoughts as well....:grouphug:

So I tried to post something here a couple of days ago (the same time I posted in my PTR) but it disappeared and I really wasn't in the mood to redo it so I clicked off the computer. I wanted to thank everyone for there thoughts and prayers over the last couple of weeks. It has helped me knowing that there are others out there wishing me and my family well. I loved my brother very much and will miss him more than words can say, but I know he would not want me to dwell in sadness. So I am trying to pull myself up and get back to my life knowing that he is looking over me and my kids.:hug:

So the next morning I got up nice in early since I had an early reservation at 8:50 am. Once again I was so glad that I didn't have someone else to get ready in the morning. I allowed me to get up at the lost possible second, get ready, and be out the door to be on the bus at about 7:45 and was on my to. . .
The Magic Kingdom.

I got to the park at about 8:15 and headed straight to the turnstyle that was letting people in for there breakfast reservations. I knew I had a lot of time before my breakfast, so I leisurly walked down Mainstreet and for the first time out of the five times I have been at MK, I felt I could just relax and take in the sights of Main Street. I was so engrossed in the moment that I didn't even think about taking picutes until I had reaced the castle. A little sad to see to buildings with tarps on them, but I was willing to over look it because I was here.

Doesn't the castle look beautiful.
WaltDisneyWorld2012109.jpg

I got pictures taken by two photopass people (got to get my money's worth) and than decided to make the short walk to where I was going to eat. I know you are just about bursting out of your skin waiting to find out where I ate breakfast so I guess I will end your agony. I had breakfast at. . .

The Crystal Palace
WaltDisneyWorld2012110.jpg

I know some of you are thinking, "Come on Corrine, not many choices for breakfast ADR at MK." While others might be thinking, "Really, a character meal by yourself and without kids??:scared1:"

That right, I Corrine Nash had breakfast with the characters all by myself and had a great time.:thumbsup2

I checked in, was handed a pager, and was soon sitting on a bench people watching as I waited for my name to be called. It was funny because I noticed at least two families who DD's had cloths on that had a Fou Fou applique.

I was called into my reservation a couple minutes early, where the seated me on the right side of the building toward the middle. I had barely sat down when look how came around, Piglet. I was lucky that the CM who sat me down was right there and took my picture for me.

WaltDisneyWorld2012111.jpg

I remembered that I got coffee this morning which is something I never do, but I knew it was going to be a long day and I would need the caffine. I forgot to snap a picture of my first plate of food (I blame it on hunger) but I did remember to take one of the second.
WaltDisneyWorld2012113.jpg

As you can see that I got pancakes, potatoes, sausage, and puffed french toast. I think the first plate had some bacon and eggs on it. I thought everything was pretty tastly except for the bacon which seem very greasy and had no crisp to it. (I'm sorry but it isn't bacon to me unless it is crispy.) I tried the puffed french toast because D recommended it and it didn't disappoint. It was so yummy that I had a piece on both of my plates. Yummm.

As I was eating I started talking to the nice family next to me nd we came to the deal that I would take pictures for them and they would take pictures of me. Much nicer than trying to find a CM every time a character came to my table. Next to come to the table was my man Tigger.

WaltDisneyWorld2012114.jpg

At this point I am just about done eating and figure I would get a picture with the next character and head into the park. So the next Character is another one of my favorites Eeyore.
WaltDisneyWorld2012116.jpg

I was just getting ready to leave when I noticed Pooh not to far away, so I thought what the heck. I can stay for the bear. Funny things is that before Pooh came to my table, Piglet was there again. I politly thanked him for visiting me again, but I didn't want to keep him away from his fans. He blew me a kiss and went on his way.

Now before I show you the pics of Pooh, let me tell you that while I love visiting the characters (just a kid at heart) I kept our meetings brief so that they could spend more time with the kids. But when Pooh came to my table he was giving me so much attention that I couldn't help but give him a kiss on the nose.

WaltDisneyWorld2012117.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld2012119.jpg

So seeing all of the characters, I payed my bill, and was on my way. I love CP, but I must admite I wasn't happy with the service this time. She was nice enough, but at one time she asked me if I wanted more apple juice and took over ten minutes to bring it to me. I would have understood if it was supper busy, but it wasn't. Plus I could see into the area where the servers were coming out of and saw her just standing there a couple of times.:mad:

I know it's been awhile but lets try to keep this baby moving.

So after I was done stuffing my face at Crystal Palace I deciced to travel through my favorite castle on the way to Fantasy land. But who could really resist getting a picture of Cinderella Castle.

WaltDisneyWorld2012121.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld2012122.jpg

And I could help myself and took a couple of pics of what is going on beyond those walls in Fantasyland. I have to admite that I can't wait until next year when I go with my DD and the FLE will be almost done.

WaltDisneyWorld2012123.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld2012124.jpg

Oooh, I am so excited.

So once in FL I headed to my favorite shows. Mickey's Philharmagic. I love this show and I can't wait until next year when I can see it again. Everytime I see it I seem to find something new.

Next I decided to try Snow White's Scary Adventure. Now I must admite I really never had the urge to go on this ride, but since will be my last chance to go on it I decided I better go on it now and not regret it. The ride was alright, but I admite I will not be to heartbroken when it is gone.

I next went on Peter Pan's Flight. This is such a simple ride but it really brings me back to my childhood when I first saw Peter Pan. I love looking for some of the special things such as the mermaid that looks like Ariel.

Sorry for the lack of Picture for these last few rides. I honestly thought I took pics of the entrances, but obviously I did not. I did do better for the next ride which is one of my all time favorites at MK. The Haunted Mansion.

WaltDisneyWorld2012125.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld2012126.jpg

A CM saw me taking some pictures of the mansion and asked me if I wanted her to take a picture of me in one. YES!!!!

WaltDisneyWorld2012128.jpg

Than one last picture of that Haunted House before entering. Who know maybe this is the time I become the 100th ghost for good so it might be my last chance. BwaaHaaa!!

WaltDisneyWorld2012129.jpg

The ride was awsome as usuall. I can never get enough of this ride, and was happy that I found the grim reaper with the hidden mickey. One last pic before I go of the the pet cemetary. Bye Mr. Toad. I have never meet you but have heard so much about you.

WaltDisneyWorld2012130.jpg

Next I went on Splash Montain. I love how they tease you during this ride with several little hills before the last giant drop. I was in the front seat and the man behind me wanted me to sit in front of him so I would get all the splash, but I decided to sit infornt of his wife. Us girls have to stick together.

WaltDisneyWorld2012131.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld2012132.jpg

Almost time to go over the edge, but look who has come to wish me a found fair well. The mouse himself.

WaltDisneyWorld2012134.jpg

Here is a the pic of me going down the hill. Not the best pic because I wan't about to shell out the money for a pic of just me. I wish more ride pictures were like the one for TT and you could add it to your PP card.

WaltDisneyWorld2012136.jpg

One last look at SM before we go. Look out guys, you are about to get wet.

WaltDisneyWorld2012138.jpg

MMMM those pictures of the breakfast at CP are making me drool! We have never been breakfast people, but we were actually discussing the possibility of doing a late breakfast on our next trip. My parents are going with us next time, and we have aunts/uncles and cousins that live in Orlando. I was telling DH that we should probably plan a cookout or something for dinner with all of them one night while we are there. That will give us an extra TS credit that we could use for a breakfast...CP may just have to be our choice. :thumbsup2

Philharmagic will always be on our must do list...you haven't had a Disney trip until you have seen Philharmagic and gone on IASW! ::yes::

Everyone in Dis-land has had to go on Snow White "just one last time." We did, too. :rotfl: And guess what- we won't be crying the blues when it is gone either. I AM, however, still crying the blues over the loss of 20,000 Leagues... :rolleyes1 I am glad that they are creating another ride with the Snow White theme, though. It was the first full length Disney animated movie, it deserves that honor! :goodvibes

I :lovestruc HM! It is my second favorite MK ride...after POC. It breaks my heart that Charity doesn't really like it that much, because she is the kid most like me, and I want her to love it as much as I do. :sad1:

Good update, Corri!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter