Are You planning a trip to Disneyland in December?

No one has mentioned it be unsafe, the hotel is short walk from Harbor Blvd and the 43 bus goes straight down that road to Disney :). Just seems it be would be much cheaper and stressfree this way.

No one has mentioned it be unsafe, the hotel is short walk from Harbor Blvd and the 43 bus goes straight down that road to Disney :). Just seems it be would be much cheaper and stressfree this way.

Yeah, then I'd do the bus, personally (I would never speak for you, but I am cheap and it's such fun not having a car!). :) Disney charges a lot for parking too, so there's a lot of expense (and to me, hassle) with a car.

Looks like we may overlap a bit...I'll make sure to get a new Lime Green Mickey Head. Maybe I'll see you. :D

DBF and I will be staying at HoJo's for the first time Dec 24-27th! I can't wait to spend Christmas at DLR! :goodvibes

You're on the list. Have a wonderful Christmas at DLR! It sounds like it will be amazing! :goodvibes

Another reminder the list is on page 35!!! :)

Going to have to update our info one more time. We changed our dates slightly

We will now be there Dec 12 - 16 instead of 13-17. Still staying at Crowne Plaza.

that bus will carry you right past Disneyland, to the Orangefair Mall where the Disney Character Warehouse is!! That's a big store that sells merchandise from the park at deeply discounted prices. We have bought things there that were still for sale in Disneyland for less than half the price!! Just in case you have the time and want to do some inexpensive souvenier shopping! :)
You should be perfectly safe riding that bus up Harbor, at the Orange county transportation website, they say 17,000 people ride that route every day!! wow.... just don't leave the park too late in the evening for the return trip. Do you have just one day to see Disneyland?

I'm not quite sure, planning on taking the OCTA bus (43) from the hotel, google says approximately 40 minutes. However, everyone seems to say the buses are no good and I need to rent a car :confused3.

If the bus gets me there in about an hour, I'll be happy :).

I booked a package deal on Orbitz or I would have changed hotels.

Just chiming in to say that I've taken the OCTA bus 43 many a time after taking the Metrolink from Union Station, and I much prefer going that route than driving to the Park! Sure, it's public transportation, but I just think of all the $ I'm saving by not renting a car & the wait is worth it. IMO, OCTA isn't "scary" at all, especially not if you're taking it during the day, you'll probably run into lots of people on the same route going to the Park :)

Thanks for alleviating my concerns about taking OCTA. I'll probably be spending 3 or 4 full days at Disney since I cut out other things due to transportation/no car.

Definitely planning a trip to the warehouse, that is where the In and Out Burger is right? I've never had one, going to try an Animal Style ;)

Thanks for alleviating my concerns about taking OCTA. I'll probably be spending 3 or 4 full days at Disney since I cut out other things due to transportation/no car.

Definitely planning a trip to the warehouse, that is where the In and Out Burger is right? I've never had one, going to try an Animal Style ;)

Yep, that's where In n Out is! They have Animal Style fries, too :thumbsup2 ...best In n Out meal ever = Grilled Cheese (cheeseburger with no meat, extra cheese, sound gross/boring but it's SO good!), Animal Fries & a Neopolitain shake!!!

:cool1: good choice!! We always eat there at least a couple of times......yummo!! lol... you can always do a "tour" like to Universal or Knotts, San Diego Zoo etc...but with only 3 or 4 days...I say stay at Disneyland!! :)

...you can always do a "tour" like to Universal or Knotts, San Diego Zoo etc...
For 12 years I lived about a 10-minute bicycle ride from San Diego Zoo, but never got 'round to visiting it. (Frequently bicycled around Balboa Park, though.) However, my favorite Disney park is AK, where I spend at least part of everyday when visiting WDW. Go figure...:confused3

For 12 years I lived about a 10-minute bicycle ride from San Diego Zoo, but never got 'round to visiting it. (Frequently bicycled around Balboa Park, though.) However, my favorite Disney park is AK, where I spend at least part of everyday when visiting WDW. Go figure...:confused3

Lol... yes, people pay very big money to come here and go whale watching.... if they are around when we are out fishing...I just get scared! There are some falls approximately a 2 hour trip away by car then boat....same thing..every summer giganormous yachts from all over the world go up....I've never been there!! :confused3

Since you mentioned whale watching, that was one of the things I really wanted to do and it's only $10 on Goldstar! http://www.goldstar.com/events/dana-point-ca/whale-and-dolphin-watching.html

Unfortunately it takes 2+ hours by bus to get there :(. I'm not sure if it will be worth spending 4+ hours on a bus to see the whales...

The other thing I sorta wanted to do was the Medieval Times or Pirates Dinner, but I could do without that one.

I think I'll play it by ear and see how time Disney takes up.

Ewwww not In & Out, it's yuck..go to Sonic, it's better. :) Of course that is a personal opinion but I would never eat at In & Out over Sonic......Sonic is super good! :)

Since you mentioned whale watching, that was one of the things I really wanted to do and it's only $10 on Goldstar! http://www.goldstar.com/events/dana-point-ca/whale-and-dolphin-watching.html

Unfortunately it takes 2+ hours by bus to get there :(. I'm not sure if it will be worth spending 4+ hours on a bus to see the whales...

The other thing I sorta wanted to do was the Medieval Times or Pirates Dinner, but I could do without that one.

We've done both, they are both great for different reasons but personally I preferred the Pirate Dinner. It was brighter inside and easier to see and my girls were in the show as was DBF. :)

In & Out is the best!! I always look it up before we leave home to see if any new locations have opened up further north, so we can stop there even sooner! The fries are so yummy I guess cause they make them from fresh potatoes, not frozen....I've never tried Sonic! I may do so this time to see what it's like! :thumbsup2
Clearly Pixiewings and I can never eat lunch together...:lmao: :goodvibes

That is so cool! we may even just do that.... way up here in the boonies :rotfl2: outside of Vancouver Canada, my hubby does part of his commute to work everyday by boat...1 hour each way! and has the pleasure of seeing them all the time...just recently there was a ginormous humpback whale they saw everyday for a while..usually it's the killer whales :scared1:
I should have said even though it seems redunculous for us to pay to see something like this.... we are about 1200 miles north of CA, so marine life is somewhat different!! although... because we live only 3 blocks from the beach, we once had a gigantic California sea lion decide to take up residence under our deck!! apparently he got lost on his "commute" from the inlet which is about 6 blocks on the other side of us, while trying to get to the ocean! lazy guy was going over land instead of around.... we had fisheries, game warden, police and the local press here for that event!! lol...made the front page of the paper!

In & Out is the best!! I always look it up before we leave home to see if any new locations have opened up further north, so we can stop there even sooner! The fries are so yummy I guess cause they make them from fresh potatoes, not frozen....I've never tried Sonic! I may do so this time to see what it's like! :thumbsup2
Clearly Pixiewings and I can never eat lunch together...:lmao: :goodvibes

LOL Sonic & In & Out are right next to each other, I can go to Sonic and you can go to In & Out and we can meet in the middle. :) I do think the fries are good at In & Out, also I've never had them Animal Style and I've heard they are really good. I need to try those........ :)

LOL Sonic & In & Out are right next to each other, I can go to Sonic and you can go to In & Out and we can meet in the middle. :) I do think the fries are good at In & Out, also I've never had them Animal Style and I've heard they are really good. I need to try those........ :)

Well I have to try it for sure then! Yes!! a picnic out in the sun! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter