Are You A Recliner??

CT Disney

DIS Veteran
Posting on the DIS from 35,000 feet! Love free wi-fi on JetBlue!

We are midway through our 6 hour flight. Lady in front on me has had her seat reclined since shortly after take-off. Love the TVs on JB but it's annoying that my tv screen is about 10 inches in front of my face while she's got all the room in the world in front of me. I know I could recline my seat too but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Totally reminds me of the kids-on-shoulders thread...when a choice you make affects someone behind you.

So do you recline or not?? If so...only on overnight flights or all the time?

I may recline slightly (like an inch) but not all the way. Dh will recline but given his height it is really the only way he fits in seats.

If the seats recline, then you have the right to use it.

Now, I've only flown in the US or to Mexico and Jamaica. The seats on all of those flights reclines so little it really didn't do anything. I am short and don't recline. My husband is tall and does.

Recently a couple from France were seated in front of us. The wife was jamming her seat back really, really hard and it was only going back the usual inch or 2. Her husband gets out of his seat and slams the chair. We had to explain that was all they reclined. They were shocked! I guess they were used to something different.

Breaking news...

Lady in front of me still fully reclined. Even when she gets up to use the restroom or take a little walk...seat stays fully reclined.

And now...
She just fully reclined the seat for her 3 year old son who in no way needs the extra leg room. His feet don't even hit the floor. So now my teenage daughter next to me is crunched too.

Fully reclined for the full 6 hour flight is a bit much if you ask me. Especially if you're not sleeping or all that tall. And especially for a 3 year old who's wide awake.

A year ago a coworker and I got upgraded to Delta's 'Economy Comfort'. I'm pretty sure they were advertised at the time as 'extra recline'. When we were getting off the plane, I made sure the aisle seat was reclined fully and the middle seat was fully upright and snapped a picture.

tWZDOPk3N9z24RquqsV5ehJHyaZ2Ba_TIOzUt2ykajg=w542-h961-no

Maybe other airlines are different, but it's hard to believe those 2-3 inches of incline make that much of a difference.

Now, where's the popcorn...
enavion.gif

Hmm interesting picture!

Maybe it's the perspective of the photo, but from where I'm sitting it seems more significant than that.

We're on a JetBlue Airbus.

I guess when you've been in the same seat for a cross country flight every inch of space feels like a foot.

You can probably put your popcorn away :)

Cool pic though..thanks for sharing!

Breaking news...

Lady in front of me still fully reclined. Even when she gets up to use the restroom or take a little walk...seat stays fully reclined.

And now...
She just fully reclined the seat for her 3 year old son who in no way needs the extra leg room. His feet don't even hit the floor. So now my teenage daughter next to me is crunched too.

Fully reclined for the full 6 hour flight is a bit much if you ask me. Especially if you're not sleeping or all that tall. And especially for a 3 year old who's wide awake.

Because they have the right to recline. Common courtesy not so common when it comes to thoughtfulness to the passenger behind you.

If the seats recline, then you have the right to use it.

Now, I've only flown in the US or to Mexico and Jamaica. The seats on all of those flights reclines so little it really didn't do anything. I am short and don't recline. My husband is tall and does.

Recently a couple from France were seated in front of us. The wife was jamming her seat back really, really hard and it was only going back the usual inch or 2. Her husband gets out of his seat and slams the chair. We had to explain that was all they reclined. They were shocked! I guess they were used to something different.

Most airline seats recline a lot more than 1-2 inches, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. The exception would be in the first exit row seats and airlines such as Spirit, whose seats do not recline.

It is extremely annoying to have the person in front of you completely recline their seat for the entire flight, but it's their right to do so.

I don't typically recline except on night flights. I'm comfortable as is, I'm only 5'2". All I ask is if the person in front of me wants to recline is please be courteous and do it slowly. I was on a flight last month where the woman in front of me slammed it back and my drink almost landed in my lap. I also hate it when someone reclines and then keeps trying to push it back more, rattling the tray. That's it, it doesn't go back more.

They do it right with those seats in the front. When you recline the bottom of the seat goes forward, so you can reach the footrest in front of you. You never encroach on the folks behind you.

When I was in Paris last summer they had an exhibit of the new Air France planes, and in coach it also reclined forward. I wonder if those seats will ever make it into US planes.

I recline, but I switch back and forth between upright and reclined. Even with my max dose of tramadol, I can't stay in one position that long and still be able to stand up and walk when we reach our destination.

Breaking news...

And now...

again... everyone has the right to recline their seat.
yes even a 3yr old.
he may not touch the floor but he may want to lean back slightly.
spring for first class if others reclining their seats is that much of an inconvenience

Only on overnights, but I'm not generally annoyed if others do it.

The last flight I was on, the woman next to me totally scolded the person for reclining. (With French accent) "hey! No." They straightened right back up. I may have Lol'd.

I don't because then I can't reach the floor easily. And it's not comfortable at all. It's awful when someone reclines in front of me bc I really don't have the option to recline to move away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter