Are We Turkeys? - Thanksgiving 2006 at WDW - NEW 5/17 Chap 11 on Pg 13

LALA!!!

Obviously, I did not make myself clear!

We stopped at the Contemporary before going to the MK!!!

Can you see why I was in such a ZZUB-like rage?

LALA!!!

Obviously, I did not make myself clear!

We stopped at the Contemporary before going to the MK!!!

Can you see why I was in such a ZZUB-like rage?

WHAT?!

He really stopped at the Contemporary first?! DED. That'll teach ya.

You sure you weren't being Punk'd? Cause that's crazy funny. And also slightly sad.

Nothin' like trying to get to the MK for an early ADR or tour!!! :sad2: Been there, done that, learned my lesson! (That's why we did the MK Steam Train Tour while we were staying at the Contemporary in October - so we could WALK to the MK!) Early morning Disney transportation is an experiment in terror, to say the least. I'm sorry it started your day out badly, but it sounds like it ended up OK. :thumbsup2

Still lovin' your trippie! :love:

Take care,
Michelle

oh, wow. Toooo funny. That poor guy on the bus had no idea. And unbelievable that the MGM bus couldn't possibly reroute for you, but the one finally, allegedly taking you to your destination DID.

DED.

And as the man walks back toward us, he gives us the double thumbs-up sign with an "oh yeah" head nod.

What he says next, literally tested every fiber of self-control within my being.

“I asked the driver if he could make a detour at the Contemporary before he goes to the Magic Kingdom. Since we’re all going to breakfast with Mickey.”

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

NM!!!

ded ded DED and DED!!!

I was reading your TR...in word format in the bathtub (yeah nice mental pixie huh???) and I litterally 'bout burst a Mr Bubble when I read this.

My DH thinks we all fabricate things in our TR's....he thinks there is no way these things ACTUALLY happen...like what you just described.

How ironic...your dh can't get the MGM bus to the MK but the crazy Mickey breakfast man can get the MK guy to go to the CR.

rope drop?? Say what??

Dude. We sleep in.

and avoid Black Fridays.

and do NOT sub to TGM. Nor do we have a plan, use fastpass, or keep our cameras out of the wave pool.

You have soooo much to teach me, master.:hippie:

WHAT?!

He really stopped at the Contemporary first?! DED. That'll teach ya.

You sure you weren't being Punk'd? Cause that's crazy funny. And also slightly sad.

I agree... that was beyond ironic and slightly hilarious once you explained your thought process about not correcting that sweet, newbie old man about breakfast with Pooh, not Mickey. :banana: I do stuff like that all the time and inevitably get owned at each turn.

*eta* I'm really not good at waiting for next installments... I normally have been reading only fully completeled TRs to make it easy on myself!

Now come on people. This TR doesn't deserve to be on the second page. Let's all get our act together and give miss NM her props. Myself included, because as it has been so graciously pointed out, I have been lurking (and eating charred hot dogs).

That's it - I'm changing my PLAN (for the 15th time and my trip isn't until Dec). We aren't doing any early AM ADR's. I can't handle the stress. If I think I'm having a heart attack just reading about your attempt to get to CP on time what's going to happen when I actually try to do it? :scared: I'll turn into some kind of screaming lunatic, my husband will have proof of his theory that I've lost my mind when it comes to WDW and my family will disown me for the rest of the week. Wait a minute...hmmm...on my own at WDW...no Disney-Grump DH or tired kids to drag around...maybe I should re-think this :scratchin

NM......Forgive me. I read this installment the day you posted it and was called away (MOM!!!!) and have not been back to tell you how much I enjoyed it. In fact I am just getting over the stress of the CP ADR!!
It is now 7:50. I’m not a math genius, but I can figure out this equation. Time on bus to MK + time to walk through turnstiles + time to arrive and check-in at Crystal Palace + time to eat and pay at Crystal Palace = WAAAAY past 9:00. That ain’t gonna fly.
OH......this is all so reminiscent of the infamous CRT episode on our trip....DS's foot gets injured, rain storm, no bus til ADR time, drop the bags with DH and high tail it down Main Street looking like a drowned rat. That was a lovely picture with Cindy. I'm so sorry about your stressful morning and so happy it turned out OK. :hug:
Or at least bacon at the Crystal Palace and the first ride on Space Mountain.
You're brilliant....black Friday and you're leaving at lunch time while throwing the L to the incoming. TGM must be wiping away a little tear of pride. ;)

Keep it coming........:flower3:

I am in awe as to how quickly you moved through your CP breakfast - a well oiled machine indeed! Thank goodness you didn't have any extended family along - cause nothing slows a character breakfast like extended family, I must say.

That is a thick bunch of people on Main Street, though strangely not at the flagpole or off to the sides - did you really navigate your way through that, swimming upstream? It is a good feeling, leaving the middle of the day mess-o-people behind, isn't it? What's next? popcorn::

As we were leaving, I turned to take this pic. I couldn’t believe the amounts of people that were pouring into the park at lunchtime.

IMG_0607.jpg

Seriously - they look likey there are standing there watching a show, not moving into the park! Don't they look like they are just standing there? :confused3

I've been enjoying your trip report. We too were there over Thanksgiving. We spent Thanksgiving Day at AK and thanks to TGM, we did everything that we wanted to do twice. We spent Black Friday at DTD and at Disney Quest. It was crazy crowded.

I can't wait to read more.:)

Trying to catch up on TR's.

I read this but never commented :confused3 which seems odd even to me.

I remember reading cause I needed a little baby powder pat down after building up a little sweat wondering if you were going to make it to breakfast with Mickey :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Loved this chapter and the pics of the kids are adorable. They have really grown:banana:

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Thanks for the bumps, sweet friends!!

I love writing this trip report, but I have somehow gotten WAAAAY more behind than I thought!

I am working on Chapter 10 right now, and I hope to have it up in a couple of days.

By then, you all won't remember that we had a stressful morning arriving at the Magic Kingdom for our Crystal Palace ADR, but I'll remind you. :sad2:

Thanks for reading everyone!

Have a great weekend!!

How sweet are you, Melinda?

Unfortunately, yes. :eek:

It's good to see your siggie around here. I have been working on another installment - I just can't find the time to get it finished and add the pics.

Hope you are doing well, sweet friend!! Thanks for thinking of me!

NM :sunny:

What a wonderful trip report. I just found it this evening and am thoroughly enjoying it. We were there as semi-rookies when it was not too busy in early Dec, but did learn the fast pass, and child swap use pretty quickly with soaring, and everest. Can't imagine what it's like for people who have never been on the Dis. Thank you for sharing and brightening my day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter