Are we crazy to think this?

Fiona35

DIS Veteran
We're flying Virgin Upper Class and hoping to catch a nap on the way to Orlando, and the flight lands around 4pm. We're staying at Cabana bay and have thought that we might visit Universal Studios the evening we arrive.

Are we mad to even think this cos we will be jet lagged, or do you think it might be doable? Just wondered how other people felt after the flight, or if you were too tired and just wanted to grab a bite to eat and fall into bed.

Thanks

Jet lag is a lot worse on the way back than on the way there. Add to that being in UC (which will give you the best chance of napping) and I think it's perfectly doable.

I'm not sure it'll be worth it, by the time you get through passport control, collect your bags & get there you may only have an hour and a half before the park closes.

I'm not sure it'll be worth it, by the time you get through passport control, collect your bags & get there you may only have an hour and a half before the park closes.

This is worth considering.

It depends on the time of year you go as this will effect how late UO is open and also whether you have spare days on your ticket to waste on a half\quarter day.

You might catch a nap if you're lucky, I couldn't get comfy in Upper at all, but I am 6ft.

We've landed at MCO at 15:30 before and been in Universal by 16:30, but we did have Annual Premier Passes so used valet and Express on the rides.

As other have said, it depends on opening hours

I was too excited to sleep on the way there. It was our first time in Business class and I was an aisle seat so there were always people passing up and down. I was always waiting to see what they were going to bring me next and the lights are on too.

Saying that whenever we land early we stay up until at least 11pm so if it open i'd say go! xx

We always try to do a park on our first night and it works well. I say go for it if you arrive in time.

When it is just DH & I we have done parks on arrival till around 10pm.

Just see how you feel on arrival - sometimes you feel better than others.

We have done it before, when staying at Royal Pacific. Cleared immigration and arrived at hotel a lot earlier than we'd thought (around 4.30pm) so decided to go into the park the first evening. It was such a surreal feeling, knowing we'd left London that morning and were riding Hulk in the evening. I agree with the others who've said play it by ear, though. You really don't know ho tired you will be when you arrive.

We have flown to LA, checked into our hotel and gone for a walk to stretch our legs after the long flight and ended up staying in the park til it closed - the Disney adrenaline just sort of kicked in.

I personally feel that you're full of adrenalin and excitement that you'll be wide awake. Just see how you feel when you get there :goodvibes

The only time I've veered towards even considering a park (disney in my case) it all went belly up once we booked in and discovered our room wasn't accessible...
Long story short-never made it to epcot and bedtime was after midnight...

Good luck if you do manage a park..
We're generally food, unpack & sleep.

Never do a park when we stay at WDW day one but we did when we stayed at the HRH. Just did a couple of hours and it was great! Jet lag not too bad on the way over. Dreadful on the return though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter